Anybody watch this week's Bunheads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Edge was mentioned about twenty times. Two characters were attempting to build an amphitheater and they got into talking about how The Edge's development hopes were crushed by a planning commission. I'm sure it went over 99.9% of the audience's heads.

The second scene where he's mentioned was capped off with a hilarious reference to Pop's, ahem, lack of quality. :lol:

It was something along the lines of "And I don't respect The Edge after Pop. I paid full price for that turkey."

Anybody else watch this show? Basically Gilmore Girls 2.0.

I've never seen this show, but it's interesting to hear how the perception of Pop as an epic failure has solidified in the public consciousness, at least as reflected in pop culture (no pun intended).

Fascinating.

Facts are facts, and are stubborn things. And they remain facts, and stubborn, independent of whether you accept them or not. :)

What you don't seem to grasp though is that it is acceptable for someone to enjoy something even if the public opinion about it is not positive.

I could care less what the public opinion is about Pop. It doesn't change my opinion.

What you don't seem to grasp though is that it is acceptable for someone to enjoy something even if the public opinion about it is not positive.

I could care less what the public opinion is about Pop. It doesn't change my opinion.

Haha exactly! Who cares if it was a failure or not?

If at any time I lost respect for The Edge, it was after the first listen of ATYCLB. But not really. Just saying that it certainly wasn't after Pop!

Well, of course I never said otherwise. Public opinion should have no bearing individual's ability to appreciate Pop, I've actually said as much many times. So you're pretty much just making that part up.

A good deal of my favourite U2 music isn't huge with the public, was never a single, certainly didn't make the charts and was and is rarely ever played on the radio. Because the public at large generally has lousy taste doesn't have anything to do with my enjoyment of it.

Well, of course I never said otherwise. Public opinion should have no bearing individual's ability to appreciate Pop, I've actually said as much many times. So you're pretty much just making that part up.

A good deal of my favourite U2 music isn't huge with the public, was never a single, certainly didn't make the charts and was and is rarely ever played on the radio. Because the public at large generally has lousy taste doesn't have anything to do with my enjoyment of it.

Amen! :up:

The show's written by Amy Sherman Palladino, the writer/creator of Gilmore Girls, and if anybody watched that show they know how much she loved making U2/Bono references. There were probably 10 to 15 different episodes of GG with a U2 reference of some sort. Nice to see it's still going on.

I watched the first handful of episodes of BUNHEADS and really enjoyed it (especially the pilot), but sort of lost the immediate interest in catching up. I will eventually. The show is not even close to as good as GG, though.

Eh, it's actually better than Gilmore Girls post-Season Three. Yes, Bunheads is that good. And it's certainly miles better than the last season of GG, but I digress.

The Lorelei comparisons are understandable, but Sutton Foster is far more talented since she's a multiple Tony-award winner. The character's definitely rougher than Lorelei and less focused towards accomplishing anything.

The show's probably funnier than Gilmore Girls ever was to be honest. The dialogue and everything is similar, but there's far more leads in the cast and the characters have a unique way of making things funny rather than just quirky.

Remembering now that they alluded to Spiderman - Turn Off The Dark as well in that episode.

Back
Top Bottom