A man and a woman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love this song. I was fortunate to meet adam outside the air canada centre and i told him specifically, "man, that song on the new album, a man and a woman, is a really awesome song." adam replied, "it is quite lovely isn't it!"

then the next day, my first time ever meeting bono.......while behind the railing during a meet and greet as bono was heading down the ramp......something came over me and i started to sing amaaw out loud for bono.

I carefully replaced "little sister" with "little brother".

He stood.....listened...smiled....asked me to sing the chorus :love:.....and proceeded to sign my picture "hey little brother, take the heat from the sun."

it was a full month before i could make out exactly what he wrote. Bono's hand writing is so messy!

It is the picture at the bottom.

76523_10150316731145447_512545446_15662620_4373197_n.jpg

prior to all this, i've felt the song was great......especially the bass. After all of the above event, the song is super duper in my books.

amazing.

Great bass. Like Crazy tonight and OOTS, reminiscent of U2's pop attempts on ATYCLB.

Pretty good if somewhat unfitting in album loaded with retro U2 guitars.

One of my favorite all-time U2 songs. Always felt they try to achieve a sense of place with their music. This is one song that does that better than most.

Had high hopes for NLOTH's Moroccan sound after this song, but they don't pull it off on that album as well as they do with this song.

I can totally agree with the original post.

Oddly, all of my favorites from HutDab are the ones that everyone hates...AMAAW, OSC, and Yahweh.

Definitely one of the best songs off of HTDAAB. It took a while to grow on me, but it's one of Adam's strongest basslines in years. Also, it's always cool to hear The Edge play acoustic for a song.:edge:

I think it could work quite well in the setlist. It's got a nice summer feel to it like Electrical Storm. I admit it was one of the tracks I always skipped but this along with Yahweh became my favourite songs on the album.

I think it could work quite well in the setlist. It's got a nice summer feel to it like Electrical Storm. I admit it was one of the tracks I always skipped but this along with Yahweh became my favourite songs on the album.

funny you say summer feel - i feel like it's a winter song.

Great song - i love bass line, edge falsettos and little guitar parts in the background... this song has really differrent sound than everything u2-else - i love it!

I'm personally in love with this song and I'm glad you brought it up and helped it to get the recognition that it deserves. Edge's vocal work is, of course, stunning and glorious. And the message the song conveys is extraordinary. It's so clear: after being married/with someone for 10, 20, 30 + odd years, you will find yourself falling into temptation. But Bono clearly states that he would never risk losing what he has for a simple fling of romance.

I could never take the chance of losing love to find romance

My favorite part, however, is the bridge where he is singing about seeing a girl across the street, who is obviously his wife, and he falls in love with her all over again. It's beautiful! Simply put. I love HTDAAB in general and I remember first hearing this song in New York City and I fell in love with. This song always reminds me of New York.

Back
Top Bottom