ZOOTV Confessionals (Random Facts... thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gals reminds me of Mr. Garrisson from South Park. :lol: I truly cannot imagine someone seriously calling their female friends that.

Sometimes during my childhood, and whenever my mom wasn't around, i liked going into her garden, covering myself with dirt and pretending i was a carrot.

Is it nigh impossible for anyone else here to muster up the words, "I love you," when they don't actually mean it (speaking strictly of romantic relationships, btw--I tell my uncle I love him every Christmastime, but he's dumb and wears ugly hats)? I've said those words to a mere 3 women... but only meant it with 2 of them :0

We hadn't been dating long, but things quickly started to escalate. We made our way to the sofa. Her button-down satin shirt slipped to the floor, accompanied shortly by my denim Levi's. Every moment was on point with this woman, and I muttered something to the effect of, "I love this." This was the beginning of the end.

She raised her head to look at me, initially dumbfounded but ultimately elated.

"Ohh, I love you, too!"

It wasn't merely a loss of words for the sudden shift in our relationship dynamic, but I also began to experience that queasy, abdominal-valley feeling of a guilty conscience. For the remainder of our relationship, I'd continue to reciprocate every time she mentioned the words, "I love you," (how could i not?), but felt a part of me dissipate with every exchange.

Not long afterwards, she and her family moved up north on account of her father finding a much better job (he was the college's chief financial officer). Thank god, too, because I had been mentally-preparing myself for never dating anyone else again (and for the record, she was the one who ultimately initiated the breakup (much to my delight), because I'm a gigantic pussy teehee).

giphy.gif

'Sup, G-Girl--long time, no talk! How's life treating you these days, aye*?

*Feel free to respond to this as well, Ms. P-P-P-Purrl ;D

Hi, Catman--Life is treating me pretty. Retired from my position at the university and doing pretty much what I want, when I want. There are advantages to being old! :D P.S. Got tickets to see U2 in Indianapolis in September. Hope all is well with you!

Whoooaaaaa congrats! I feel like I'm just getting my life together--retirement seems so far away from me lol

And hope you enjoy the tour :D I'm actually seeing them in September, too (Nola)! Even though I've seen them countless times over the years, it'll be the first time doing so in Louisiana, sooooo I'm pretty excited about that :D

Whoooaaaaa congrats! I feel like I'm just getting my life together--retirement seems so far away from me lol

And hope you enjoy the tour :D I'm actually seeing them in September, too (Nola)! Even though I've seen them countless times over the years, it'll be the first time doing so in Louisiana, sooooo I'm pretty excited about that :D

Even though I only live 60 miles from Indianapolis, this is the first time they have played there since May 2001. I didn't get to that show because my "concert buddy" (my sister Patt) and her hubby and daughter already had plans to go to Paris. We did, however, make it to Notre Dame in South Bend (about 100 miles away) in October 2001, and haven't looked back since. :applaud:

I'm at the moment very busy moving to my very first own house. :D So things are pretty damn good. Got a decent job after I finished University, it's exactly what I wanted to do and comes with great benefits (pension fully paid, lease car, permanent position so I could buy a house).

And to top it, I'm getting 2 kittens in a few weeks from my old music teacher. I babysit their kid and used to take care of their old cats when they were on holidays. They both died a few years ago, last year they got themselves a kitten which stayed with me during their holiday. And she accidentally got pregnant, had never been in heat yet, poor thing. But yea, :D 5 beautiful kittens and she turned out to be a great mommy cat. I'm getting 2 so very happy about that.

Life's finally starting to get awesome. Oh and U2's in town this weekend so that's awesome too. :wink:

HOw've you been then Mr Cat?

I'm at the moment very busy moving to my very first own house. :D So things are pretty damn good. Got a decent job after I finished University, it's exactly what I wanted to do and comes with great benefits (pension fully paid, lease car, permanent position so I could buy a house).

And to top it, I'm getting 2 kittens in a few weeks from my old music teacher. I babysit their kid and used to take care of their old cats when they were on holidays. They both died a few years ago, last year they got themselves a kitten which stayed with me during their holiday. And she accidentally got pregnant, had never been in heat yet, poor thing. But yea, :D 5 beautiful kittens and she turned out to be a great mommy cat. I'm getting 2 so very happy about that.

Life's finally starting to get awesome. Oh and U2's in town this weekend so that's awesome too. :wink:

I am so happy for you, GG--you have worked hard to get where you are! :hug:

Even though I only live 60 miles from Indianapolis, this is the first time they have played there since May 2001. I didn't get to that show because my "concert buddy" (my sister Patt) and her hubby and daughter already had plans to go to Paris. We did, however, make it to Notre Dame in South Bend (about 100 miles away) in October 2001, and haven't looked back since. :applaud:
Ooohohhh... well I suppose that's as good a reason as any! But what the heck... Paris? OVER U2??!! They're nuts (yeah, I'm being a tad sarcastic, but still ;P)...
The last time they toured Nola was during POPmart, and I had no idea what a U2 was back at that tender, young age (of course, now I know better) :3

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... that's a lot to unpack! First house?

AWESOME!

Good job after finishing school?

SWEET!

With benefits?

TUBULAR!

Two kittens??

AMAZING!!

Srsly, G-gal, I'm really happy for ya! Proof positive that good things come to those who wait ;)

And hope you enjoy the show (or enjoyed it by now)--I've seen them already in Tampa (before knowledge of their Nola date was known *grumble*grumble*), and my wife and I both enjoyed it immensely :D

Thanks guys! :D Took a lot of energy to be patient after so many shite years... but it paid off in the end after all.

To top it off, was invited by U2.com for the video shoot the band did last night (can't talk details, it's hush hush and such), which was AWESOME. So tonight AMS 1, tomorrow 2 and then tuesday Brussels. Then I've had my crack again and can start winding down haha. Gotta move a few more things, unpack the oven and then I'm all set to move in.

:wink: Priorities though, the new fishtank is already up and running. Had to do that in time as it takes a while for the water to be ready for fish.

WHAT??!

:crack: That's amazing! Can you say how the song compares to stuff from their last album (quality-wise)?? Oh geez oh geez oh geez... I randomly woke up at ~5:30 to make pee-pee (tmi? TOO BAD), then read this, and now... I can't fall back asleep! :crack: :crack:
...So yeah, you kinda owe me some deets after sorta-kinda-quasi being indirectly responsible for me not getting enough sleep ;P
jk teehee I know, I knooooowwww--NDA. Speaking of which, I've always wanted to sign one of those things; it'd make me feel like hot stuff and kinda important.

Know what else I've always wanted? ...one of those giant aquarium fish tanks! YOU'RE LIVING MY LIFE G-GAL! [emoji14] But srsly, that's really cool (in my not-so-humble opinion)--what kind of fish, aye? I've only ever had goldfish, and those things last, like, a week :/

Last edited:
Thanks guys! :D Took a lot of energy to be patient after so many shite years... but it paid off in the end after all.

To top it off, was invited by U2.com for the video shoot the band did last night (can't talk details, it's hush hush and such), which was AWESOME. So tonight AMS 1, tomorrow 2 and then tuesday Brussels. Then I've had my crack again and can start winding down haha. Gotta move a few more things, unpack the oven and then I'm all set to move in.

:wink: Priorities though, the new fishtank is already up and running. Had to do that in time as it takes a while for the water to be ready for fish.

How very cool, GG! Good on you! :hug:

WHAT??!

:crack: That's amazing! Can you say how the song compares to stuff from their last album (quality-wise)?? Oh geez oh geez oh geez... I randomly woke up at ~5:30 to make pee-pee (tmi? TOO BAD), then read this, and now... I can't fall back asleep! :crack: :crack:
...So yeah, you kinda owe me some deets after sorta-kinda-quasi being indirectly responsible for me not getting enough sleep ;P
jk teehee I know, I knooooowwww--NDA. Speaking of which, I've always wanted to sign one of those things; it'd make me feel like hot stuff and kinda important.

Know what else I've always wanted? ...one of those giant aquarium fish tanks! YOU'RE LIVING MY LIFE G-GAL! [emoji14] But srsly, that's really cool (in my not-so-humble opinion)--what kind of fish, aye? I've only ever had goldfish, and those things last, like, a week :/

Other people spilled the details already, it's up on U2gigs and U2start. So much for the NDA I guess? It sounded pretty damn good. Much better than last album for me (I wasn't a fan) .

My new tank will be 120x40x60 cm. :D Big ass tank! 288 litres. Biggest I had sofar was 80cm length and 110 liter. Taking my time decorating the bunch, it's so much fun to start a fresh tank. I'm bringing my fish from the current two tanks and will combine them. On the bottom layer Corydoras Aeneus, my friend bred those for me but I couldn't fit all in one tank so I have 8 in the bigger and 6 in the smaller tank, will be interesting if they remember each other if they get together in the big tank again. :) And in the middle layer I have Kerri tetras (Inpaichthys kerri, purple emperor tetra according to google), which have already bred 2 new fishies in my current tank. Next to that 2 big Crossocheilus Reticulatus and some leftovers from the small tank, some Otocinclus and 2 Rasbora Espei. I enjoy big tanks with many little fish rather than huge fish. :D Once it's fully set up I'll post you a pic, will take a couple weeks though, the water needs to be proper first.

Other people spilled the details already, it's up on U2gigs and U2start. So much for the NDA I guess? It sounded pretty damn good. Much better than last album for me (I wasn't a fan) .

My new tank will be 120x40x60 cm. :D Big ass tank! 288 litres. Biggest I had sofar was 80cm length and 110 liter. Taking my time decorating the bunch, it's so much fun to start a fresh tank. I'm bringing my fish from the current two tanks and will combine them. On the bottom layer Corydoras Aeneus, my friend bred those for me but I couldn't fit all in one tank so I have 8 in the bigger and 6 in the smaller tank, will be interesting if they remember each other if they get together in the big tank again. :) And in the middle layer I have Kerri tetras (Inpaichthys kerri, purple emperor tetra according to google), which have already bred 2 new fishies in my current tank. Next to that 2 big Crossocheilus Reticulatus and some leftovers from the small tank, some Otocinclus and 2 Rasbora Espei. I enjoy big tanks with many little fish rather than huge fish. :D Once it's fully set up I'll post you a pic, will take a couple weeks though, the water needs to be proper first.
Whoa now... as a huge fan of the last album, I'm not sure what to make of your remarks! Though I suppose, when all's said and done, it's better that you enjoyed the material than not ;P Did you enjoy the material more than Best Thing and Little Things (or would answering that be a violation of the NDA? i have no idea how these things work lol)?

And regarding the aquarium, you better post pics! I have absolutely no idea what the heck those species of fish are... but I did just now look them up, and i think my favorite (from a purely superficial pov) is probably the Rasbora thingy (followed closely by the purple emperor tetra). But yeah, I am greatly looking forward to the pics, yo :D

Why did Norway start putting barcodes on the sides of their ships?

so when they come back to port, they can Scandinavian

[emoji215]

I'm about to pour out some psychological musings, so brace yourself. I feel kind of weird posting this on the internet, but while I'm here, why not ask Dr. Interference?

For most of my life, I had anxiety problems. I felt all of my emotions very intensely: intense fear, happiness, calmness, whatever I was feeling, it was very strong. Now, I don't have chronic anxiety problems anymore, but I feel emotionally numb. I've been wondering for quite a while now if this is a sign of depression, emotional maturity, or some kind of empty void that used to be filled by anxiety? I'm going to be 30 next month and I can tell that I don't feel the same way about some things that I used to.

Anyway, there's that.

Whoa now... as a huge fan of the last album, I'm not sure what to make of your remarks! Though I suppose, when all's said and done, it's better that you enjoyed the material than not ;P Did you enjoy the material more than Best Thing and Little Things (or would answering that be a violation of the NDA? i have no idea how these things work lol)?

And regarding the aquarium, you better post pics! I have absolutely no idea what the heck those species of fish are... but I did just now look them up, and i think my favorite (from a purely superficial pov) is probably the Rasbora thingy (followed closely by the purple emperor tetra). But yeah, I am greatly looking forward to the pics, yo :D

Had some issues with the tank so I couldn't put pics up yet. Algae and the natural balance wouldn't set so I only just added the first few fish from my smaller old tank. :) So pics will come later, they're only 8 fish so not much will be visible. I hope to put in the rest from the bigger tank in 1-2 weeks.

U2 song wise I still enjoy Blackout the most, but I do like Best Thing a lot. Little Things was a bit... meh.

So what does everyone think of vaginas? like, i don't get the appeal--not that the penis is the equivalent of some venus de milo work of art or anything, and I do reciprocate when the occasion arises, but it just sorta looks like the mangled face of a bat to me.

I'm about to pour out some psychological musings, so brace yourself. I feel kind of weird posting this on the internet, but while I'm here, why not ask Dr. Interference?

For most of my life, I had anxiety problems. I felt all of my emotions very intensely: intense fear, happiness, calmness, whatever I was feeling, it was very strong. Now, I don't have chronic anxiety problems anymore, but I feel emotionally numb. I've been wondering for quite a while now if this is a sign of depression, emotional maturity, or some kind of empty void that used to be filled by anxiety? I'm going to be 30 next month and I can tell that I don't feel the same way about some things that I used to.

Anyway, there's that.
Whoa. Feels weird responding to something this heavy in the same post as my vagina inquiry, but whatevs--i can totally relate to this. But it wasn't just when reaching the big "3-0" last year; rather, I've sorta always felt this "god-shaped hole," so to speak, inside. It's odd, because I can assimilate when something doesn't feel right personally, politically, socially or whatnot, so I can react upon those sensations... but actively *feeling* the intricate nuances of these dilemmas? It's totally lost on me. So any outrage or intense debate I may actively pursue is based purely on what I feel any "reasonable" person would do. So to get all emo up in hyah, I feel like a finely tuned Frankenstein's Monster, where the bits and pieces are all assembled properly, but there nevertheless remains something not quite "human."
So yeah, I don't know if it's clinical depression, but it sucks.. I think lol

It's just something that's always fascinated me, but I was influenced early on by friends, family, relationships, etc., that I was "weird" for being interested in that sort of thing, so I pursued alternate avenues.
Eh, maybe one day I'll actually go down that path, but goddamn is education expensive :/

Back
Top Bottom