zoo tv best of disk versis sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BestDrummer

The Fly
during the sydney zoo tv show there are only 2 cars beign hung from the back of the stage. Now i see the untill the end of the world video and im amazed to see atleast 5 cars all over the place. one car is accually down low on the stage itself with like christimas lights on it. then we have the one hanging over the crowd witch accually moves during the guitar solo. Now someone please shed some light on this.

The video of Until The End Of The World on The Best Of 1990-2000 DVD is not from the ZooTV Sydney concert. It is from a TV special U2 made in 1992 that was broadcasted on Thanksgiving of that year. It has songs from one of their concerts in Giants Stadium (so the ZooTV Outside Broadcast Tour) and is interspersed with ZooTV-y stuff (hence the unintelligible 'newscast' intro).
The Outside Broadcast Tour really had something like a Trabant overload, with maybe up to 7 Trabants being used. When U2 started the Zooropa leg of their tour, they again changed the stage setup. Somehow, the new setup incorporated far fewer Trabants, only 2 or 3 were used, mainly as symbols of what had been.

C ya!

Marty

mka.gif

Looks like there is some confusion in this thread. The way I see it, three of the cars were taken away for the Zooropa leg of the tour, the leg where Sydney was videotaped and shown live. There were less cars to make room for more stuff. Remember, new album calls for slightly different stage designs. The cars were used as spotlights. Very cool I thought. I think U2 should use airplanes sense they are named after one. And don't forget the plane in the Beautiful Day video.

SMB

Back
Top Bottom