Your Turn ONS for the opposite sex/gender of choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
marik said:
a tab bit picky aren't we. let me guess, single? yeah, thought so

And what is wrong with being picky? I'd rather be picky and know I'm ending up with the right person for me rather than just settle on someone.

Thank you guys!
I kind of started to feel bad for asking for some odd and weird shit that is seen as shallow and picky.

It's just that I want a man to build a life with, and someone to raise beautiful and GOOD children that are going to be essential to the future world and not a loser or a failure or someone that will bring harm to others. That is not being selfish. I want to bring good people into the world and it takes two parents or at least ONE good one to do that. And honestly, I don't have enough faith in myself to be that ONE great mother to be able to do that.
And think of it this way, if I just chose any of the men that I've been with to settle down and have children, we probably would be living a miserable life and my kids not under the proper care because the two parents can't see eye to eye and are focused on those issues rather than that of the children. Which brings up fucked up children. My mom and stepdad are going through a rough divorce and I see my brother, eleven years old, smoking pot, breaking windows, etc, and I see him as a threat to the future. Sad but true. AND my mom and her exboyfriend are fighting over custody of their 16 year old son, my other halfbrother, who is now seeming to battle his own beginning addiction with alcohol and marijuana and is spinning out of control. This man had physically abused my mother, and verbally abused me.
And I'm not blaming all of this for my problems, but it is a factor. I'm a mess in my own state as well. I grew up without a father and having two messed up fathers try to be my father.

If only my mom had waited for the right man...
Then none of the bad things had to create a cause and effect on us children.

u2bonogirl said:
I dont see anything wrong with being picky within reason if its genuine preferences and not just selfishness

Agreed. Knowing exactly what you want isn't always a bad thing. So long as what you want isn't something unreachable, you should be fine. I can understand not wanting to go through bad relationship after bad relationship. I only want to be married once in my life, and stay with that person for the rest of my life. Maybe, if my marriage failed due to the guy turning out to be a jerk or something, and I found the right guy, I'd marry once more. But other than that, no. So the guy I want to marry has to have everything I look for, therefore, a degree of pickiness will come into play in that sense. :hug:s to you, xtal...so sorry to hear that about your family and everything. Hopefully the problems will manage to get themselves fixed up, hopefully things will turn out well for your family in good time :).

By the way, I also agree that it's stupid to not date a guy based on what kind of car he drives and stuff like that. I've never quite understood why some people consider that an important aspect of a relationship. But meh, it's their list, not mine, so...:shrug:.

Angela

xtal, I see where you're coming from and I agree that divorce wreaks havoc on a child.
My parents divorced when I was not yet one. My dad is now on his 3rd marriage (which has lasted 16 years so far) and I was raised basically by my dad acting as mother and father. My stepmom either didnt want to, or didnt feel qualified to mother me. Plus they didnt seem affectionate at all and she slept on the couch a lot.
To put it mildly because of certain circumstances I had a pretty fecked up childhood because of adults making bad decisions about who they were going to marry and have kids with.

The corners of your lips, the orbit of your hips...

My friend has a thing for guys with nice eyelashes. I responded to this odd request with, "I really like guys with a nice LEFT TOOTH!"

Wow, it's been a long time since I listed something here - 3 whole days... I guess that is a representation of how much has been going on, if I forget to list something I like about women like this...

Hmm... for today...........

Being greeted with a hug. This isn't dependant upon a girl's bust, but I suppose that is a small factor. The bottom line is

Some people are good huggers, and some are not at all.

I don't know, some people get intimidated, I think. But some women know how to hug very well. A good, extended hug is a sure fire way to get my attention. I've realized that I'm one of those people who likes a lot of contact that way.

:yes:

Now, I realized that I was about to post 1500...

And I figured, well, since I am in ZC, lets post one here

Hmm........

Well, I can't really deny my favorite thing.
A pretty face.
That is the single most attention getting thing a women can have. It is often a purely physcal thing, but every women really has a pretty face, some just show it, while others do not.

But ideally, a woman's face - and looking into her eyes you can see her soul. Ideally, that soul would be beaituful too, and that would of course be a very big turn on...

But that's being somewhat extravagent. Oh well.
Nothing wrong with a little splendor every now and then...

i forgot to mention lips..... I have a thing for guys' lips..especially sexy, full, kissable ones.

Is it getting hot in here?

yimou said:
Her mind, compassion, dreams

Yeah, those are more or less the most important things.
I have mentioned those a lot, (i think) otherwise they would have been on my 1500th post. But in retrospect I probably should have said that anyway.

For all the pysical things that a woman may have, it is the intangibles that are most attractive to me. I could deal with great character and a less than perfect body, but I do not think I could deal with a great body and a severely flawed character.

A beautiful mind is an amazing thing. But beauty like that doesn't neccesarily mean smarts, specifically, or compassion, specifically. It is more... a summation. Or perhaps something greater than the sum of it's parts, I don't know how to say it.

Good point, yimou

LoveTown said:
i forgot to mention lips..... I have a thing for guys' lips..especially sexy, full, kissable ones.

Is it getting hot in here?

Good point, cause I love to kiss so nice lips are a must!!!

Who do you gals think have the nicest KISSABLE lips?

:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: ?

hmmm gotta be bono.... cuz he has that pouty bottom lip that begs to be kissed...or nibbled on....*ahem*

Jeez....... Mr Forgetful, it seems........

today's turn on........... hmmm...................

Short shorts + nice legs
:yes:

I believe I don't need to say anything more than that.

I like a guy that smiles easily and naturally. You know, the kind of smile that not only shows on his face, but in his eyes as well.

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the cute geeky type...

smart guys are soooooooo freaking sexy to me

you know, I said I have a soft spot for geeky guys but that sig picture of yours Angela sure is nice....

I think I have a soft spot for long haired bad arse irishmen too

Back
Top Bottom