Your 1st U2 album VS. All time favorite U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First Album:Best of 1990-2000,I loved every second of that album...

Fav Song:That is debatable,but I`d have to say Magnificent :hmm:

First Album: Joshua Tree
Favorite Song: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

...conversely, my favorite Album is Zooropa. I also believe U2 did not become U2 until AFTER Achtung Baby.

So far........

First Album........ (Album of Favorite Song)

Boy 3............1 JT, 1 War, 1 ATYCLB
October 0
War 4............2 UF, 1 AB, 1 JT
UABRS 0
WAIA 0
UF 3..............2 UF, 1 Zoo
JT 5..............3 JT, 1 October, 1 AB
R&H 1............1 JT
AB 5..............1 UF, 1 JT, 2 AB, 1 Zoo
Zooropa 0
POP 3.............2 JT, 1 POP
1980-1990 3....1 War, 1 JT, 1 zoo
ATYCLB 4........1 UF,1 AB, 1 POP, 1 ATYCLB
Bomb 3...........1 UF, 1 ATYCLB, 1 Bomb
18 Singles 1.....1 AB
NLOTH 0

10 First Albums listeners have their favorite songs released AFTER their first album.

10 First Album listeners have their favorite songs WITHIN that same album

15 First Album listeners have their favorite songs released BEFORE their first album.

Favorite Song Distribution

JT 8
UF 7
AB 6
ATYCLB 3
Zoo 3
War 2
POP 2
Bomb 1
R & H 1
October 1

Conclusion: No scientific correlation at all. so you enjoy your U2 folks

Except: Bad, Acrobat and Streets seem to be THE ultimate fan favorites. (Like we didn't know that already)

Fans DO NOT have a particular BIAS for songs from their first U2 album.

Thanks for getting this together it's been cool to read. I'm not surprised about Bad and Streets, but Acrobat, I didn't know......

First Album - War
Favorite Song - Please

BOOM! That's gonna throw a huge fucking wrench in your stats.

Geez, I have no idea what my favorite U2 song is. I love so many.

The first album was the Joshua Tree, though I wasn't born when it was released. I heard "With or Without You" on a Friends' episode and that's where my love for U2 began. It was around 02/03 and ATYCLB was getting big radio time, so all those songs, especially "Beautiful Day" got my attention. So, I guess if I had to pinpoint a 'favorite' song... I'll say Stuck in a Moment.

1st U2 album: The Joshua Tree (tho i got it round 1993 i think)
Fave U2 song: Running To Stand Still.

Hey, will u look at that!

Actually, it probably didn't end up being my favorite song until much later. I know it was later.

This is very tough but: first album, War.
Favourite song? (probably) So Cruel, from Achtung Baby.

This is a great thread BTW. :up:

Alan Cross (those outside of Canada probably won't know him that well) did a great "Ongoing History of New Music" episode a couple years back where he looked at the psychology of music and cited a study that affirmed that we are predisposed to be more attached to the music we enjoyed in our middle teenaged years... I seem to remember that this had something to do with our physiology/hormones in those years as well as the fact that some very exciting "events" occur in those years that you later associate with the music of the time... events like the first time you fall in love, asserting your independance, comraderie with friends etc. etc.

Back on topic... Achtung Baby was my first album
Favorite Song today... The first time

This is a great thread BTW. :up:

Alan Cross (those outside of Canada probably won't know him that well) did a great "Ongoing History of New Music" episode a couple years back where he looked at the psychology of music and cited a study that affirmed that we are predisposed to be more attached to the music we enjoyed in our middle teenaged years... I seem to remember that this had something to do with our physiology/hormones in those years as well as the fact that some very exciting "events" occur in those years that you later associate with the music of the time... events like the first time you fall in love, asserting your independance, comraderie with friends etc. etc.

Back on topic... Achtung Baby was my first album
Favorite Song today... The first time

:eek: Holy Crap! That totally makes sense :nerd: However, despite the fact that during TUF I had my first crushes and kisses :flirt: I still think the album kicks major butt!

:eek: Holy Crap! That totally makes sense :nerd: However, despite the fact that during TUF I had my first crushes and kisses :flirt: I still think the album kicks major butt!

It fits in my case and may be a factor to consider when JT VS AB VS ??? arguments come up....

I love JT and if I could be completely objective I could rate it above AB... but I never will because my early days with AB were special... that album really resonated with me at a time when I was trying to be independant and make sense of relationships, whereas JT for me was more about discovering the past of a band that I had grown to love in the early 90's.

Back
Top Bottom