Yap, Federated States of Micronesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My TV is two rooms away from my computer... although at the moment I don't even have ONE monitor that works properly (I really need to take my good one in to be repaired) But I might consider dragging the computer to the living room for a couple of hours to do a DVD.

:hmm:

I just really need a laptop, I love posting in these superthreads at this hour of the night, but If I could do it in the comfort of my own bed that would be heaven! :love:

Bono is penguining around the studio, wearing his big Orson Welles hat and these ridiculous Cuban heels. So then he sidles right up to me and says, 'It's great that we're both on the show. You know what it means? We're going to change the whole world. This is our mission, y'know.' And I'm thinking, 'See ya later, Fatso.' Not that he was fat exactly. But he was a squatty little turd. And I thought, 'What the hell's he going on about anyway? We've just got nothing at all to do with what he's doing.

Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat.

All you need to be successful these days is a Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall amp with some bloke wailing away about 'in excelsis Deo.' We don't need to condescend and wave flags around. Our music isn't meant to save anyone's soul: it's more meant to make their ears bleed.

If I saw Bono walking down the street, I would just think he was one of the worst-dressed men I'd ever seen.

Oh goodie, following on from the DM and EM classes, the new electric multiple units ordered for Wellington's commuter railway network will be the FM class. Cue bad railfan jokes ...

So, another album now or not?

Achtung wore me out, I don't think I can do another one. In fact, I'm going to get some sleep. See you later everyone. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch another album listening party!

Ah, you pikers! No, it's all good, I'm enjoying some Lovetown stuff right now.

Have a good one, GAF! :wave:

I hope Ian McCulloch and Henry Rollins one day to a U2 covers album and fix the band's songs.

ian_mcculloch_001_090706.jpg

+

wrongturn2deadendhenryrvx3.jpg

=

the perfect duo adventure?

Hi guys.

I have the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach. I can only describe it as compressed hell. Like someone or something very precious to me is about to be taken from me.

On the other hand, it could be last night's dinner not agreeing with me. Who knows?

Me too.

Although today is the anniversary of 3 tragedies:

1. Hiroshima

2. 13 men killed in Crandall Canyon Mine

3. I started working at American Express and officially lost my soul...

I have no idea who Ian McCulloch is, but the thought of Henry Rollins covering U2 brings to mind the most hilarious of mental images.

Ian McCulloch is the frontman for Echo and the Bunnymen. This post:

Bono is penguining around the studio, wearing his big Orson Welles hat and these ridiculous Cuban heels. So then he sidles right up to me and says, 'It's great that we're both on the show. You know what it means? We're going to change the whole world. This is our mission, y'know.' And I'm thinking, 'See ya later, Fatso.' Not that he was fat exactly. But he was a squatty little turd. And I thought, 'What the hell's he going on about anyway? We've just got nothing at all to do with what he's doing.

Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat.

All you need to be successful these days is a Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall amp with some bloke wailing away about 'in excelsis Deo.' We don't need to condescend and wave flags around. Our music isn't meant to save anyone's soul: it's more meant to make their ears bleed.

If I saw Bono walking down the street, I would just think he was one of the worst-dressed men I'd ever seen.

is entirely his words, presumably in relation to Live Aid or something like that. I have read it like 15 times and the comparison of Bono to a mountain goat is still making me laugh. Also, it reminds me of how great of a word "fatso" is.

Bad History student! I should have realised it was the anniversary of Hiroshima today.

Goddamn it, weather! It's 7:30 in the morning, how can it possibly be time to put the air conditioner on?! Stupid humidity. :grumpy:

Ian McCulloch is the frontman for Echo and the Bunnymen. This post:

is entirely his words, presumably in relation to Live Aid or something like that. I have read it like 15 times and the comparison of Bono to a mountain goat is still making me laugh. Also, it reminds me of how great a word "fatso" is.
:lmao: Oh, that excerpt WINS every time I read it!!! I just never knew who Ian McCulloch was, definitively.

But he was a squatty little turd.
Do you think Bono knows Ian's not the only one who calls him that? I can list about three people who'd agree with Ian on that point.

Do you think Bono knows Ian's not the only one who calls him that? I can list about three people who'd agree with Ian on that point.

Yes, I have certainly heard approximately the same thing from Sinead O'Connor, completely fuhreah. Mojo, I think.

I'd only ever heard the "plumbers and bricklayers" part, which was funny alone as it was, but the rest is hilarious. I wouldn't mind reading more of his payouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom