Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacobus

Refugee
what a fuckin' great song!
from 2:28 on Yahweh is sounding very irish / celtic (maybe its the mandoline?). this part of the song reminds me on some music of the 70s group Horslips (two of the bandmembers: Eamon Carr and Barry Devlin). these two are in some ways related to U2. does anyone have some more informations?
Horslips Website

It's amazing isn't it? I love the restraint in the verses.. sounds like 'U2's last song' almost, not that it is of course but it would fit the bill for me.

It's amazing isn't it? I love the restraint in the verses.. sounds like 'U2's last song' almost, not that it is of course but it would fit the bill for me.
...yeah Jim you're deadright i thought the same...maybe it is the last?

now i have found the relationship between B. Devlin and U2: he directed some of the videos 'Pride', A Sort Of Homecoming, Spanish Eyes, the TV special 'A year in P(L)OP'

Yahweh was the first song I loved on this album. I don't understand how some people don't appreciate it. It's thoughtful,well constructed,and just sounds great. I made my own album with Yahweh 7th instead of 11. The order of where it is on the album is all I would change about it.

beutiful song.

sums up everything in u2.

love it.

Here's another song that has grown on me from this album. The drumming is really great with the guitar, just perfect. I love the way the last chorus is sung:

Yahweh, Yahweh
Always pain before a child is born
Yahweh, tell me now
Why the dark before the dawn?

I'm glad to see this thread. Honestly, this is the only song on the album that I think they got completely right (for my ears, anyway). In every other song, there's at least one small part that I think would have been better if they did it differently.

From start to finish, I think it sounds awesome, very inspirational.

Love it !:drool:

My favorite part is when Bono sings "this love is like a drop in the ocean" and then the music just builds up !!

GDopplerXT said:
In every other song, there's at least one small part that I think would have been better if they did it differently.

I agree, I think its probably one of my favorite U2 songs ever

Numb1075 said:
Love it !:drool:

My favorite part is when Bono sings "this love is like a drop in the ocean" and then the music just builds up !!

Numb --

Absolutely!!!! I was going to write the same post but you beat me to it. However, I even like as he sings "The sun is coming up. . ." It's this beautiful transition that builds up to the finale. . .like a fireworks show. Un-f-n Believable. . .I listen this song every night before I go to bed and it just comforts me and lifts me up.

Awesome album closer....

...best since Is That All.

I love the way bono sings "yahweh, yahweh"...sweet as...

...so much better than grace

I haven't heard Yahweh yet. I do hope it's better than Grace...I think that's my least favorite song on ATYCLB...

Yahweh trumps Grace for me - the song, I can't explain it, it just tugs at me. It is hauntingly beautiful with this beautiful guitar part sandwhich in
02:30 in this song - so amazingly cool
it probably is their most spiritial song (I guess you could make the case that most are) since 40
I'll admit it was a grower song - but I think that was from the overload of having more u2 songs to digest that I could handle at one time. This is now one of my favorite u2 songs out there

this is one of the biggest surprises after buying the album as compared to the mp3 versions. this one and cobl are soooo much better sounding in real audio. you can hear so much more different sounds. its great i love it.

this is a GREAT song, what a finish to the album...i dont know why it gets bashed either, it's a true inspiration, the best and most uplifting album closer i've witnessed

There are some U2 songs that peak where the band can take it no more further, cause it's just musically, powerfully, perfect. The end of Bad, where Edge takes off in his two or three note guitar riff (especially on Live Aid), the end of "With or Without you" after the slow break, the end of "I still haven't found" when all the band members sing the chorus, and I think the chorus of "Yahweh" where the Edge's guitar and Bono's Yahweh shouts ring so great is the first song I heard from U2 in along time, that hits a peak. At about 3:30, Bono's yelling and it's f...k incredible. I got it as one of my favorite on the album, along with OOTS, STYCMIOYO

Thanks very much for this appreciation thread for "Yahweh".:bow:

This is simply the most ardent, honest and open song/psalm to God that U2 has ever done and it has already FOUND A PLACE TO LIVE IN MY HEART AND SOUL.

It is the cumulation of U2's (Bono's) searching for meaning and truth in this life and an open plea to God (Yahweh) to REVEAL HIMSELF/HERSELF to Bono in a more coherent form. :yes:

Why the darkness before the dawn -
how much more open and honest can you get?

I hope that this is not the ultimate ending song for U2 (I pray that there are many more years of music in them) but it does make one think of this because "Yahweh" is such a perfect U2 song, from its heartfelt urgency to its ultimately uplifting lyrics. :wink:

Bono's wailing of "Yahweh" will ring in my heart and soul for a very long time.

THANK YOU, BONO.... :bono: :love:

and crew.:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug:

Its very similar to "Always" at the start, and its quite a good song, but I would have preferred "Mercy" as the album closer..

Love it so much...the most beautiful sound...perfect album closer...like it more and more everyday...

...and i dont believe in god!

YAHWEH is such a deep emotional album-ending on a high note. perfect! btw THE BOMB is the most emotional effort since AB and its the best album since AB. THE BOMB is still growing.

Back
Top Bottom