Wyclef Jean and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
This was probably discussed before...but

When did Wyclef and U2 collaborate and is there any sort of story behind this? All I know is that there was a WOWY and SBS remix of some sort that involved Wyclef.

Back in 2002 or 2003, Edge did appear at a Wyclef Jean performance and Wyclef did perform WOWY with Edge on guitar!

You would have to search the U2 archives, but this collaboration DID happen.

Maybe if you check out Jean's fansite, there would be some info there. :wink:

Jamila said:
Back in 2002 or 2003, Edge did appear at a Wyclef Jean performance and Wyclef did perform WOWY with Edge on guitar!

You would have to search the U2 archives, but this collaboration DID happen.

Maybe if you check out Jean's fansite, there would be some info there. :wink:

Anyone got an mp3 of this?

Khanada is both right (shudder) and wrong (as usual). :sexywink:

The Net Aid was meant to raise $$, but it was a big failure. Of course, the promotion for it seemed nonexistent. It's great to have a charity drive, but if no one knows it's occurring, it doesn't do anyone much good. Plus, back in '99, there were still a lot of households without computers and broadband connections were rare. I think a Net Aid event would go over much better today - but it would still need heavy promotion.

As for the song... while I'm not a huge fan of it, I thought it was decent enough - especially for a collaboration like this. I wouldn't want to see it on a U2 or Jean album, but for this work, it was fine.

Of course, Bono's vocals on here were a bit weak, once again leading me to fear that our once operatic singer was truly losing his voice, no matter how much I defended him. Fortunately, it seems that those days are now long gone. Whatever Bono has done is working (see "Miss Sarajevo" live, HTDAAB and most concerts on this tour).

I have to admit I love this part of the song...but the rest sucks.
Midnight she's on the street, she can't sleep
She's afraid to dream
Ten years old, my Spanish rose
You've seen things you never should have seen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom