WOWY Effects Specs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Funkotron

Babyface
Ive been recording my own version of WOWY in the past couple of weeks, but I have been having trouble getting the effects right on the main riff (the one that goes after "And you give yourself away"). I have been using echo and reverb, but the timing on the echo is screwy. I use cakewalk music creator 2002, and plug directly into the comp. I went to u2 station tabs, and they had some specs, but they seemed a little off. Does anybody have any advice on this?

all I know is that I use a digital delay pedal at a certain setting and it sounds just about right.

Thats not much of a help to you, I know
sorry

good luck

BTW, cakewalk is awesome! I wish I had a bigger computer to handle more recordings

You need to use a stereo delay with each side set to a different delay time. The Line 6 DL-4 has a make shift version of this type of delay. I own the pedal BTW...all the delays you'll ever need and more!

MAN!
My friend has a line 6 and I was fooling around with it a lot. It's absolutely amazing and shall definitly be on my "to buy" list.

Is there nothingf the thing can't do?!?!?

Geeze, there's even a setting to make everything you play come out backwards!!
very cool

To get it to sound right, use a delay of 401 ms, frequency of 9, intensity of 3, intensity of 19, and feedback of 10. These are the settings on my Korg SDD-2000, so I am not sure how they will translate to other delay units. You don't need a stereo delay to get this sound as Edge (mostly) runs his delay in a mono set-up. I run mine mono and can nail the delay. On the "and you give yourself away" part, try playing around with some harmonics at the 7th fret.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom