Woah, God must have something important planned for me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephannv

War Child
at least 200 ft away from Bono at all times!
Woah man, talked about being freaked out.

I was on my way home tonight on a dark, curvy country road.
I'm driving way toooo fast, which was my first mistake, and am on a tiny, practically one lane bridge. All of a sudden this skunk appears in the middle of the road and I swerve, my second mistake. I was like a centimeter away from going off the bridge, which is about 15 feet above a shallow creek bed. Somehow, the my steering wheel just turns the opposite way really fast and keeps me from going off the bridge. I don't know if that's some feature my car has that I wasn't aware of, which is highly doubtful. Man, I don't know what happened, all I know is I almost died, but for some reason, didn't!
Thank you God!!! Thank you!!!!

SO anyway, I am totally freaked out, to say the least. :huh:

I know how you feel... I just started driving for the first time this summer, and I've already had a million close calls with bridges, cars, narrow passages, and that damned Interstate. Still I've managed to keep a few millimeters from life and death. In most of these near-accidents I've had I don't think about them alot until later and later its like crap I coulda died.

Good story:wink:

Yeh :huh:

Thats scary :ohmy:

"slow down expect the unexpected" <-- the car ad we have here

glad your Ok though!!!

:ohmy: My mum thinks her mum is like her guardian angel because when we were in Westport our car window was smashed and we have never ever EVER left a hotel a day early but we did which is weird we left our hotel on the friday but what we meant to have planned was to go through Belleek on Saturday morning and then go to Omagh that afternoon for a spot o' lunch!!

And that Sat there was the Omagh bomb and if we had of followed the plans we would have been there

Spooky stuff :ohmy:

Sorry im rambling- im bored lol :p

[color=royal blue]O_O

Lllllucky

Gravity favors you!!

If it was ME, it would have all been downhill.

LITERALLY.

o_O That's cool
[/color]

Mona- everything w/ u is downhill!! ;)

steph- glad ur okay!! sheesh!! but.. cool story now.

"Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly" <-- :bono: better remember this!!

wow! that is amazing. i am glad you are alright and that your guardian angel was watching out for you. :angel:

i know i have one watching out for me because i have been in some very dangerous situations and have some how survived. I know my angel was with me this weekend while I was on my hike.

stephannv said:

:ohmy: what happened?

lets see well, on my hike in Yosemite this past weekend proved to be a tough one. I had surgery last year and had scar tissue that proved to be a pain on this hike. It hurt very very bad. I along with my group did not think I would be able to complete the full hike. I had a lot of motivation from my brother and his friends along with other hikers to keep moving. I just didn't think I would be able to make a 18 mile hike up to 8000 ft. I kept praying and asking for the energy and strength to complete the hike. I was able to push through the pain and tears and complete this very challenging hike to and from Half Dome. I also hiked 5 hours in the complete dark through canyons and the forests of Yosemite with my group. There were bears,mountain lions and rattlesnakes and God knows what else in the areas we walked through. It was terrifying, but again, i felt protected the whole time. Thank God I never saw a bear or mountain lion. But i did see a rattlesnake and other wildlife walking on the trails.

but that is just one instance. I have been in situations that I could have easily died and in one case raped. In those situations, I was always saved by someone( which usually was a stranger that I have never met or saw again) coming to my aide. :ohmy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom