will the brokers prices come down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've accepted the fact that U2 and TM won't be hooking me up with any GA. So, if I want them for this leg, I will have to pay extra. I'm watching ebay like a crazy woman, but I've also checked a lot of the broker sites.

Do you think they'll lower there prices as the shows get closer? Or do you think desperate fans will pay the high prices just to get the GAs? I don't know if I should grab a ticket now, hold out, or stop being stupid and not spend the money at all.

Depends on the city. East coast, chicago, West coast: I doubt they'll come down much, especially for GA. Some of the more out of the way cities (Denver, Phoenix, etc) they might come down. I remember scalpers getting stuck with Cleveland tickets and unloading them all below face value. That's not going to happen on this leg of the tour, but some cities are better than others. Of course, I'm talking about GAs.

If no one buys them.... then maybe they will drop. but unfortunately, there are people who are impatient, and thus makes it less likely. but H's advice to wait is probably the best. Ebay by the way does have some 'deals' just be careful.

Brokers are thugs that do alot of illegal activities. I would do ebay. Brokers have enough money to wait until the day of the show.

Brokers (aka scalpers) don't usually lower their prices as the shows near, not that I've ever witnessed anyway. They make so much off of the tickets that they do sell that "eating" the leftover tix are no big deal to them. Remember: when your charging up to 10x what you paid for these tix you make back what you spent pretty quickly. If they made a habit of having a 'liquidation sale' days before the shows everyone would wait until that time to buy and the less money they could squeeze out of people. These guys are the absolute scum of the earth! :madspit:

A bit more on scalping here... http://forum.interference.com/t112520.html

I would just keep checking TM EVERY DAY. I'm certain they will release more tickets here and there.

I got my Elevation tickets about 1 month before the actual dates after they had worked out the production logistics - GA's as well.

Heres hoping anyway, got to get to Croke park!

Good luck anyway. :)

Ticketmaster might not release that many tickets. If you read Billboard.com article BEFORE tickets went on sale. That GA's will be distributed equally. That means you got to pray if they release GA's before the show.

Ticketmaster will release a few tickets anytime between now and the shows. Sometimes they do it a week before the show, sometimes 2 days before, sometimes the day before, sometimes the morning of. Last year, I got like 10th row tickets for Sting while doing some random check for tickets like 3 months before the show took place (and well after the onsale date).

The problem is, you have to be checking when the few tickets get released.

Your best bet other than TM is e-bay. Prices will be inflated, but not as bad as elsewhere.

If anything just contact the broker and give them an offer. They might just sell you tickets at your asking price. The brokers did business with last time (such slime) came down about $20-$40 per ticket. They'll still make their %1000000 profit but asking never hurts.

It has not even been a week since the tickets wentr on sale- BE PATIENT. it is a bluff game right now. you have 3-4 months to keep searchingf or the right ticket at the right price. Panic should not set in until 1/2 way into the opening act on the day of the show. Have Faith Good Luck

beatlesboy said:
Brokers (aka scalpers) don't usually lower their prices as the shows near, not that I've ever witnessed anyway. They make so much off of the tickets that they do sell that "eating" the leftover tix are no big deal to them. Remember: when your charging up to 10x what you paid for these tix you make back what you spent pretty quickly. If they made a habit of having a 'liquidation sale' days before the shows everyone would wait until that time to buy and the less money they could squeeze out of people. These guys are the absolute scum of the earth! :madspit:

A bit more on scalping here... http://forum.interference.com/t112520.html

I strongly disagree. I've bought many tickets through a professional broker company here in the DC area, and they are definately willing to negotiate lower a day on or before the show. Just ask them when would be a good time to call back to check on the lower price, be ready to pick up the tickets, and pay cash. Otherwise, just name a price your willing to pay.

EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I've never done this before, so it's great to hear different perspectives. Ebay defintly seems like the better deal, if people don't bid up too high.

I just did my random TM search and a ticket popped up for Philadelphia. But it was no better then the seat I already have. Still, though, it gives me hope.

Back
Top Bottom