Wide Awake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Im searching for versions on Bad when Bono hits the HIGH C in the Wide Awake part

The versions that I have found is:

1984 Dortmund
1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
2005-04-25 - Seattle
2005-09-14 - Toronto
2005-12-04 - Boston
2006-12-04 - Tokyo

Update:
sorry, posted in wrong section. Could someone move this thread to EYKIW? :)

peter bono has hit it many more times than this

and east ruhterford isnt a high C

Yes I know, but would be nice to hear if there is any versions from JT/LT/ZooTV. I have listen to alot of versions from those three tours, but havent found any high C's on the Wide Awakes. I havent listen to many shows from Uf tour, so it would be great to hear some High C from that tour.

The East Rutherfotd is a High C#?

Correct me if Im wrong but the Bono has hit a:

HIGH C# in Bad and AIWIY(Mexico Popmart dvd ,"NEVER tear us apart")

HIGH C: in Bad,WGRYWH and Happy birthday

I don't know about you guys, but after all this discussion I could really go for some Hi-C and some turkey.

He does seem to hit what sounds like a high c# during bad in the Elevation Tour on one show. I can't remember the show for the life of me - been struggling to find it since. When I find it I will let you know. Basically, the first 3 wide awakes are very weak, but the last 3 are explosive. He absolutely explodes and then sails effortlessly on the wide awakes - I haven't heard that sort of power since the Lovetown bootlegs.

He does seem to hit what sounds like a high c# during bad in the Elevation Tour on one show. I can't remember the show for the life of me - been struggling to find it since. When I find it I will let you know. Basically, the first 3 wide awakes are very weak, but the last 3 are explosive. He absolutely explodes and then sails effortlessly on the wide awakes - I haven't heard that sort of power since the Lovetown bootlegs.

Sounds realy intressting, strange that it is also from Elevation tour, not Bonos best tour in voice performences. Hope you found it :)

Yes I know, but would be nice to hear if there is any versions from JT/LT/ZooTV. I have listen to alot of versions from those three tours, but havent found any high C's on the Wide Awakes. I havent listen to many shows from Uf tour, so it would be great to hear some High C from that tour.

The East Rutherfotd is a High C#?

Correct me if Im wrong but the Bono has hit a:

HIGH C# in Bad and AIWIY(Mexico Popmart dvd ,"NEVER tear us apart")

HIGH C: in Bad,WGRYWH and Happy birthday

east rutherford is a high C#

he doesnt really hit the c# in AIWIY he is kinda screaming but not cleanly it is an amazing moment but i always get chills watching:up:

Its a high C# in the studio version of bad

WGRYWH is a high C studio but i havent seen any live... and if they are live they might be half a step down which would be a High B if you have a live version you want me to check out i can:wink:

Happy Birthday is a high C

RAINNIN is a high C on One tree hill studio version

YEAH YEAH is a high C on Angel Of Harlem

VANISH is a high C on Help live from east rutherford

theres a few more but that all i know at the top of my head.... im sorry but i cant help you with the bad performances at the moment because i cant download anything at the moment:doh:

WGRYWH is a high C studio but i havent seen any live... and if they are live they might be half a step down which would be a High B if you have a live version you want me to check out i can:wink:

2006-12-09 - Hawaii and also there is one version from ZooTV tour.

RAINNIN is a high C on One tree hill studio version

On the 2006-11-25 - Auckland version he sing that note, but how high was that one. Im not home for the moment so I can't listen to it now. But it is on my highlightsclip on bonosvoice.st if you want to check

YEAH YEAH is a high C on Angel Of Harlem

They played that song on the 3rd leg of Vertigo tour once, if I remember right he hit the high C then. Im not sure about the Union chapel performence?

theres a few more but that all i know at the top of my head.... im sorry but i cant help you with the bad performances at the moment because i cant download anything at the moment:doh:

Keep posting them :)

Have you figure out the Wave note on the studio version of WOS, is it an High A? Bono sings the note different on the Unin chapel version of the song, but is it still an High A?

The Union chapel performence of Desire is a nice one, the raw sound in LET in "Let you go" is very strong, how high?

yeh sorry i dont have time at the moment petterr to check the others at the moment but "let you go" is a high B

NO MORE is a high B for sunday bloody sunday in east rutherford

SAY ITS TRUE is a high B

IN THE NAME is a high B

angel of harlem is a high C on the union chapel performance

STAYYYYY is a high B on union chapel

this is still at the top of my head ill listen to some songs tomorrow and tell you and i will get around to doing wave of sorrow and the wild horses

thanks

Hi
A guy tell me in u2recording that Bono sang some E's with full voice on the Unforgettable Fire tour, but he didn't remember in what shows. I still haven't searched for them.

Cheers
Gery

This is also still intressting, its from the "U2 playing in higher keys" Thread. It can't it be an E, but still it must be high :)

Right now Im working on the update of my site, so later today or tommorrow there will be a new clip, so if you have any just post the tips in this thread :)

Pretty sure he hits it in Melbourne II, 2006. For proper ref it's 19 Nov 2006; quality's not great but damn it was good live.

This sounds intressting! :)

bonosvoice.st will be updated tomorrow, so if someone got any voice highlights tips just post them in this thread :)

Sorry, I have worked alot, but very soon :)

Ok, the studio version is an A :)

what studio version is an A? because the studio version of Stay is definitley a B flat and the studio version of desire is a B flat

in union chapel they played both songs half a key higher to which made bothe the notes B's

I don't know diddle-e-squat about notes and high C's but you need to listen to his "wide awake" at the end of Bad's climax at the 01 April 1985 show in New York, NY during the UF tour. Wow...whatever note he hits there, talk about powerful. You can clearly hear that he's pushing himself to the limit, and it sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.......

http://www. you send it.com/download/TTdFZUNuTWNKV1B2Wmc9PQ

I don't know diddle-e-squat about notes and high C's but you need to listen to his "wide awake" at the end of Bad's climax at the 01 April 1985 show in New York, NY during the UF tour. Wow...whatever note he hits there, talk about powerful. You can clearly hear that he's pushing himself to the limit, and it sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.......

Thanks! The first Wide Awake in near the end of the song, was high. But there is alot of echos wich might it sound higher then it is, ...Ultraviolet92?

Yeah..sure! One of the best "wide awake" ...
Actually all his wide awakes send chills down my spine.. as an addicted to Bad must feel :wink:

I think that was the version I was refering to Peter, you found it! :applaud:

Hi Peterrr
Are you familiar with the Lyon 92 version of Bad, quality's not the best but Bono hits some pretty powerful Wide Awake's in this rendition, it's one of my favourites from ZOO TV, the New York 92 performance is great too, the first of the final Wide Awake's sounds pretty high to my ears, it's from the same night as your video of Love Comes To Town.

Just listening to your recent Updates clip and there's some pretty awesome stuff on there, the Vancouver versions of EBTTRT and WOWY are brilliant, Bono's voice sounds in top condition, I've got to get a hold of the whole show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom