Why so few impressed posts about 360 tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Around Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo tour alot of fans complained about how the tours always had the same setlist and was the tours was nearly greatest hits tour.
360 tour is the opposite to the three previous tours.

But theres been a few fans that comes with the argument that now they dont play much of the NLOTH material anymore and it more of an greatest hits tour with BD opening the show.
Yes the play less material from the new album, but do they play "greatest hits" songs instead? No, they choose to play unreleased songs. Not only they skip the NLOTH songs, they also skip their "greatest hits staple songs" like Pride, BTBS, IWF...
Also on this tour brave songs that might now be liked by the no-obsessed fans has been in the setlis; YBR, MOTD...

And one thins that I think hasnt got the attention it deserves is Bonos energy on the stage on the 3rd leg, he run, jump, dance and do more strange movements just like The Fly did. How many posts and threads on this forum hasnt been about Bonos less energy?

Lets not forget that they now play for an example NYD, WTSHNN... steps higher, on specaily NYD you realy can hear the difference. And Bono hits the notes without any problem at all and they play the songs alot faster.
On WOWY and ISHFWILF Bono has started to push himself again.

I must ask why are the so few impressed posts in this forum now when you all who complained got the band on stage you have miss for years?

I think it's just that there aren't separate threads for people being all impressed. There are plenty of positive reactions, they're just within other existing threads about the shows, setlists, pictures, audio, etc.

Most people who are impressed don't feel the need to remind others of it every single post... On the other hand there are some people who do, and some people who constantly bitch. :shrug: I guess it evens out.

I think 360 will be remembered as on the same level as Popmart and ZooTV. :ohmy:

reading some review here and here from old fans, i really think that 360Zurich#2 will be remembered as a standout performance itself
same level as Popmart Sarajevo or Slane#1 in terms of intensity

it's the epic show that Vertigo Tour misses (even the 2006 shows don't compare)

Um, I see a lot of impressed posts, actually :huh:

Maybe it seems there aren't many because we have separate complaining threads but not separate enthusiastic threads.

I love positive stuff, but I don't think we need a separate thread for every sentiment regarding the show, be it positive or negative. People's reactions are quite clear when you go to the set list threads and other threads concerning the current tour. I think you're being too pessimistic here.

i was somewhat impressed with the 2009 version. thought it had its strong and weak points. i'm pretty jacked up and excited about the 2010 version though. :drool:

Around Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo tour alot of fans complained about how the tours always had the same setlist and was the tours was nearly greatest hits tour.
360 tour is the opposite to the three previous tours.

But theres been a few fans that comes with the argument that now they dont play much of the NLOTH material anymore and it more of an greatest hits tour with BD opening the show.
Yes the play less material from the new album, but do they play "greatest hits" songs instead? No, they choose to play unreleased songs. Not only they skip the NLOTH songs, they also skip their "greatest hits staple songs" like Pride, BTBS, IWF...
Also on this tour brave songs that might now be liked by the no-obsessed fans has been in the setlis; YBR, MOTD...

And one thins that I think hasnt got the attention it deserves is Bonos energy on the stage on the 3rd leg, he run, jump, dance and do more strange movements just like The Fly did. How many posts and threads on this forum hasnt been about Bonos less energy?

Lets not forget that they now play for an example NYD, WTSHNN... steps higher, on specaily NYD you realy can hear the difference. And Bono hits the notes without any problem at all and they play the songs alot faster.
On WOWY and ISHFWILF Bono has started to push himself again.

I must ask why are the so few impressed posts in this forum now when you all who complained got the band on stage you have miss for years?

One thing you have to remember is that there are ALWAYS people who will complain. If they play too many songs from NLOTH some will complain, now other will complain that they don't play enough songs from the last album. It is an ongoing circle and it will always be the case. Different people like different albums - all 3 decades of U2's releases are quite different, and the ones that loved the 80's don't necessarily love the new stuff so much or vise-versa. Personally, I couldn't care less. I go to the shows and enjoy myself.

I agree, Peterr, good post as always!

I think its too bad that so many seem to be all criticism. I have my criticisms, they are extensive at times, but I always present it as "U2 are the best, my favorite and I still immensely enjoy their material. However, here is how I think it can be better...."

I know I have observed the same increase in energy from Bono and the band from Legs 1 and 2 to the current leg and I have noted it frequently. I think I have included it in every single piece of criticism I have posted the past 5 weeks.

The criticism is qualified a lot more than it was in 2009. In 2009, by the time the tour hit America, I was actually genuinely frustrated for the 1st time I could remember with U2 and their shows.

I'm not entirely sure I am even 'qualifed' to comment, given that I only actively joined the forum just after the Vertigo tour (yes, typical lurker for 12 months before I stuck my toe in posting waters) . . . but I feel like, for this leg of the 360 tour especially, the feeling (within set list threads at least) has been overwhelmingly positive.

Sure there will always be songs that some (and I include myself in this group) would rather were replaced with others, but generally there has been a real buzz and a real excitement listening along each morning /night as the band throw a few suprises out there ~ they really seem to be trying to create an unforgettable experience for the fans (and themselves) and that buzz and energy is tangible.

Really looking forward to seeing what happens next and hoping that the bands enthusiasm, energy and willingness to experiement sticks around for the rest of the tour ~ I'm really excited!

:heart: this band :)

Back
Top Bottom