Why is "Crumbs" missing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be played when they finally get back to the US. They have a month long break when I'm sure they will rehearse it further, plus it will probably be released as a single here this fall. This tour is going to last a long time so they are probably holding it back so they have something fresh to play. My guess is Miracle Drug will be dropped. Just a guess.

"Music can get so boring..." -The Edge

SpaceBoy said:
They waited, what, approx. a leg and a half to play Miss Sarejevo?

Well actually more than a leg and a half since it came out before Popmart and we never really got it on a tour before.
Except Sarajevo.
trust me, I want to hear Crumbs too. I just don't understand how that isn't a big theme song for this tour.
It's odd to me.

Blue Room said:

The only spot that I think Crumbs would probebly fit AND work well would be replacing Pride in the Africa section. Would fit the theme of that section of the show and I think the transition from the guitar solo at the end of Crumbs to the Streets organ underneath would be good. Bono's journey of equality speech would also fit nicely during that part as well. Problem is they probebly wont drop Pride from this tour.

Agreed...I'm sick of Pride. I mean, I enjoy it when I'm AT the concert, but I usually skip it on the bootlegs. I've heard that song so many fscking times and it's not as timeless as Streets or Bad as far as I'm concerned.

I think they should play One Step Closer after Crumbs and have THAT fade into Streets...unfortunatley that would break up the Africa thing so it won't happen but I bet they could come up with a nice segue, as opposed to Crumbs which I would think would end on a rock-out note ala Last Night on Earth, which would not fade well into Streets.

I'd love to hear A Man and a Woman, too.

What if U2 played every song from the Bomb at some point during the tour? That would rock and I bet they haven't done that since their earlier albums (like, what, Boy? I don't think they even did everything from October.)

AtomicBono said:

I mean, I enjoy it when I'm AT the concert,

there, you answered your own question, kinda.

U2 don't play to make good bootlegs. they play to put on a good, enjoyable show. and pride is one of their most recognizeable songs.

would i like to see it rotated? sure. do i blame them for keeping this song around? no, not at all.

StlElevation said:

there, you answered your own question, kinda.

U2 don't play to make good bootlegs. they play to put on a good, enjoyable show. and pride is one of their most recognizeable songs.

would i like to see it rotated? sure. do i blame them for keeping this song around? no, not at all.

good point, but I would enjoy, say, Mofo at the concert more than Pride :wink: especially since I've already seen Pride twice and I have seen Mofo a grand total of zero times.

I haven't seen Acrobat any times either, what's up with that? :huh: I must go to all the wrong shows...:wink:

I think it's all about fitting the songs in a greater picture at the tour. They want the whole show to be like a story. Then we get great moments like SBS-->BTBS-->Miss Sarajevo/RTSS.

There are other great songs that never/rarely has been played, like Acrobat and When I Look At The World from ATYCLB. I Don't think U2 thinks they are worse songs than others, I just don't think they find a spot they fit in the shows they have had so far.

Maybe next tour we would see something like WILATW-->I Fall Down-->Acrobat? But what would we have to whine about then?? :wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom