Why all of the negativity????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There will be more negativity if the rumored album cover is for real (see other thread):reject:

There will be more negativity if the rumored album cover is for real (see other thread):reject:

But why? I was put off initially but why should people be so negative over this cover? It is a father and son simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"Bono has spent the last three and a half decades trying to get everyone to like him, but the greatest PR coup he could ever pull is to finally stop caring." - Nico Lang

Best.Free.Advice.Ever.

She's a slut whore pos. F**k her and her psychotic family. I hope Ali Hewson b**ch slaps her in public.

4JhrU.gif

I love how all the flashing along the bottom of the screen are in support of u2 :)

Does the woman not realise that u2 didnt give their album away they sold it to apple???? Im fed of hearing that its being given away,it isnt u2 sold their music to apple and apple are giving it away!

Check your facts lady!

I watched an interview with slash and he was saying that it will have no effect on the music industry because the option of 100 million dollers isnt going to be there for anyone other then u2. Only u2 can pull it off he said

Sirius Alternative Stations and New U2

There are two main alternative stations on Sirius - one that plays alternative songs from the 80's (which includes U2) and one that is current music. There may be one from the 90's, but I haven't found it.

The current station played "Iris" last week. I was stunned at hearing them so soon and at the selection of song.

I listen to this station a lot and U2's recent work blends right in. In some cases, it is far better. Another Interference member said U2 does not fit in at all with the alternative music, but I have to disagree. This may have been true for ATYCLB and HTDAAB, but less so for NLOTH and especially SOI.

On the 80's alternative, the DJ - who had just played U2 - commented about the whole Sharon Osbourne thing. The DJ was really ticked at Osbourne stating why is she complaining about FREE music? She said she lost a lot more respect for Osbourne because of that comment. The DJ also stated she really liked the new album and there are some great tracks on it (I agree!). Lastly, the DJ mentioned that Bono said he was glad he was ticking people off, and she applauded Bono.

So, it looks like there's starting to be a backlash to the backlash. Hmmm... :hmm:

On the 80's alternative, the DJ - who had just played U2 - commented about the whole Sharon Osbourne thing. The DJ was really ticked at Osbourne stating why is she complaining about FREE music? She said she lost a lot more respect for Osbourne because of that comment.

LMFAO!!!! Who the hell ever had respect for Sharon Osbourne in the first place!?! Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. She made Ozzy look as bad or worse as Kris made Bruce Jenner look. On those respective trash-TV shows, both men ended up portrayed as clueless, doddering clowns when both of them accomplished more than the rest of those families combined ever have or ever will. And yet Kris and Sharon are portrayed on those trash-TV shows as the masterminds.

LMFAO!!!! Who the hell ever had respect for Sharon Osbourne in the first place!?! Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. She made Ozzy look as bad or worse as Kris made Bruce Jenner look. On those respective trash-TV shows, both men ended up portrayed as clueless, doddering clowns when both of them accomplished more than the rest of those families combined ever have or ever will. And yet Kris and Sharon are portrayed on those trash-TV shows as the masterminds.

While all true, Sharon is often credited with getting Ozzy sober (or mostly sober) and, more importantly, dealing with his finances. She's basically his manager.

So I can see her getting some respect for that. However, this little tirade doesn't help.

While all true, Sharon is often credited with getting Ozzy sober (or mostly sober) and, more importantly, dealing with his finances. She's basically his manager.

So I can see her getting some respect for that. However, this little tirade doesn't help.

When someone gets sober, don't they deserve the credit as sobriety has to start with the individual taking that action?

She has always marketed herself as some sort of mastermind but Ozzy was the genius who did all the work, while she takes credit for most of it and does NOTHING herself other than count the money.

And she has the nerve to criticize U2 for being "business moguls"?!?! LMFAO. Isn't that actually a compliment from her? She must be green with envy -- and it comes through in her bitter voice in that video clip.

she's concerned that Ozzy's rumored new album is going to make less money if expectations become free downloads.

she's also attaching herself to the biggest story in music at the moment.

and she may actually think it's a shitty thing to do.

When someone gets sober, don't they deserve the credit as sobriety has to start with the individual taking that action?

She has always marketed herself as some sort of mastermind but Ozzy was the genius who did all the work, while she takes credit for most of it and does NOTHING herself other than count the money.

And she has the nerve to criticize U2 for being "business moguls"?!?! LMFAO. Isn't that actually a compliment from her? She must be green with envy -- and it comes through in her bitter voice in that video clip.

Yeah. Sorry Sharon. U2 can't hear you over their 170 million albums sold.

Anyone who brags about spending $1000 bucks on a new iphone (do they really cost that much?) and then pretends that she is with the little guys and not some billionaires is being a bit hypocritical i think.

I'm a pretty big Ozzy fan and I gotta think he's puzzled by Sharon's comments. I've never observed him having any problem with Bono or U2.

I do agree with her "U2 has to be #1 every time" criticism. But I've been saying that for years.

Isnt it everyones agenda whether it be business wise or for personal reasons to be number at what you do though?

Why carry on if you want to settle for second or even third best.

I thrive at my work to be the best at what i do so why shouldnt u2?

Again, you are right on all counts.

That said, sometimes a person is motivated to become sober or live another day because of another being (spouse, child, pet). If she motivated Ozzy even a little, all the best to them both.

Managing is more than just $$. Ask Paul McGuinness. U2 may have created the work, just like Ozzy, but it takes someone with ability to manage properly. So I will still credit her for that.

But your last point is the best. U2 and their new manager found a way to distribute music to the masses while still getting paid. Instead of praising this genius, she attacks it (rather poorly as well). This is illogical and has actually won her many detractors instead of supporters.

Anyone who brags about spending $1000 bucks on a new iphone (do they really cost that much?) and then pretends that she is with the little guys and not some billionaires is being a bit hypocritical i think.

The iPhone 6 Plus does cost $999. However, with plans from all main carriers, that cost drops considerably. For example, sign up with AT&T for 2 years, and the cost drops by $500. If you hate AT&T, don't worry - other carriers have similar deals.

I will say, seeing her do all of those commercials for various diet foods (how dare she invade the privacy of my TV?!?!) screams hypocrite. It's apparently fine to do diet food commercials, but it is not acceptable to distribute one's music for free to the masses.

Isnt it everyones agenda whether it be business wise or for personal reasons to be number at what you do though?

Why carry on if you want to settle for second or even third best.

I thrive at my work to be the best at what i do so why shouldnt u2?

It tends to overshadow their art, their music, like...u know, the thing they're trying to be #1 at! That's the problem. I find it annoying and I'm a longtime fan. They should be worrying more about being #1 with themselves and their music first.

It tends to overshadow their art, their music, like...u know, the thing they're trying to be #1 at! That's the problem. I find it annoying and I'm a longtime fan. They should be worrying more about being #1 with themselves and their music first.

Yeah good points but i do think u2 are all about being the biggest band in the world and always have been. Thats why i dont think theve got long left, i cant see them turning into the stones.

Back
Top Bottom