Whoa! 4 extremely critical HTDAAB reviews!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is bull. What are the odds they heard it once and wrote the reviews? I'm tired of everyone rushing this thing, everyone wants to be the first to write about it. Wait till you've had a chance to hear the album 5 or 6 times, then write something.

Vertigo
Over that became singed enough said. It is the fetzigste on the entire album, and therewith not unconditionally representatively for the remainder of the disk. As a 1st Single however suitably, including. Mitgröhleffekt. The strangling break (like in the video), is so not available on the album version. High recognition valued, suitable tour-Opener. Note 7,5/10
(Bulldozer) Board hard Gitarrenriffs as well as one it so raw of U2 never hear could. Very fresh Sound. The Songstruktur is expresses to be sure simple - even for an U2-Song is the again one new fair slat. A classic U2-Gitarrenriff as an Overdub and the first Single is finished. Unfortunately it is with regard to hardness and 'Rockigkeit' sooner less representative for the total album. (6 of 10 Phaser-stars).
(Phaser)
U2 goes Punkrock: what always had promised the volumes, becomes singed with this truth. Vertigo is simultaneous the perfect Opener for the new album, for no more other singed abounds on the disk so very before energy and a so clear melody. Only that something means passage lame knocks unpleasant up. (7 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) Magnificent Opener for the album - U2 stretched again! A punkiger Gitarrenriff in contact at "Boy" times pushes singed that, Bonos voice sounds like in old times, and the slower transition in the means part reminds wants Follow" of "Out Of Control" and "I. How Adam to the album said: "we have this time that Anti-skirt Sentiment aside let." 8/10
(Malakas)

Miracle Drug
The snippet did not promise too much! Begins very retain in order to increase itself then however after the 2nd Strophe with a fat guitar, and after the 1st refrain with an additional bass line powermäßig. My considering a Single! The Larry here mitgesungen have should, is not been noticeable me. Epic, an absolute highlight. Note 8,5/10
(Bulldozer) Strongly superficial Toms and a driving bass and unfortunately also quite artificially sounding Synthesizer (Firmenpresets?) Of the speed here sooner slow until medium. The production felled me sooner fewer. The end the singe draws itself through a Slide snatched up of Edge and a quite nice song line of Bono from. In addition then also a typical U2-Shaker in the background associates itself. (6 of 10 Phaser-stars).
(Phaser)
A condemned weaker second singed, causes that behind Vertigo almost beginner custody. That singed begins Keyboards with amply and much bass, is carried of mittelschnellen Drums and partially very hard Gitarrenriffs. To the rear out Miracle Drug wins clearly at speed and remembered a few at the klangstarken singe out of the Joshua Tree time. Nevertheless it belongs sooner to the low points of the disk. (4 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) After simple Klavierintro (that in similar form on several singe wiederzufinden is), bass and percussion roar grace loose like "With Or Without You" on Speed. In spite of the very promising originally that remains singed however unfortunately somewhat unprincipled - it is missing an eingängiger refrain, and Bono permits itself with texts as well as "Freedom has a scent/Like the top of New born babyçs head" a lyrical low point. 7/10
(Malakas)

Sometimes You Can' t Make it On Your Own4#>
That singed is brought over a ballad, with very much feeling of Bono (partly with high voice sound in the refrain), one senses work up wants that it somewhat. After a break after ca. 2/3, wins singed that at Elan. According to the universally-colleague to 99.9% the 2nd Single. And my opinion after a false occupation for that. Was for the before christmas time better suited, than for a February-release. But somehow is missing here what. It is fixes itself unfortunately no melody available, that in the ear immediately, textually however very very strongly. Bonos father dedicated. Removes remembered me at "Heartland". To be sure no comparison to classic as well as One, WOWY or AIWIY, nevertheless prettily. Note 7/10
(Bulldozer) To 99% the second Single of the album. Bono wrote singed that for its father. Larry emerges once with Rimshots. The song becomes with hall angedickt and that singed comes sooner unpluggedlastig across thanks to the acoustics guitar. He increases himself always a few more - to the end. Edge experimented further toward Pitchshifting-Sounds as well as already in "Peace on Earth". There is another nice Slide-Break. Generally that is singed than to designate arrive. For me, the anvisierte Releasetermin (February 2005) unsuitably is selected however - it is prepared same my opinion after "the typical Weihnachtssong" of the joy under the tree. A classic U2-Schnulze for the christmas market therefore. Very solidly. (8 of 10 Phaser-stars).
(Phaser)
The Akkustik-guitar using and dominating immediately at the beginning purports the speed for this ballad, with which also Edge with its Falsetto-voice may shine. To the rear out also this receives singed at trip and Edge delivers a dense sound carpet, that could become especially in the live-conversion interesting, (7 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) The classic U2 ballad to find always as a third Track on its albums. Written for Bonos father ("You´re the reason why the opera is in me..."), sings rounded off Edge Falsetto in the refrain, of Bonos of deeper, fragilely sounding voice. After a while, that gets singed anthem better trains, swells dreamily on in order to run out then in a sound carpet. Certainly so well like "One", but U2 do not prove that "embroidered in A moment You Can´t Get Out Of" yet only an Ausrutscher was. Probably candidate for a Single. 8/10
(Malakas)

Love And Peace Or Else
5 (!) Producer are singed involved in this, and one hears that also. Here getüftelt became more at it as at the other tracks. After the first moments, one has singed strangled becomes anxiety, that that, but then it becomes thanks to powerful drum/bass groovig to the end, Edge does not let singed is itself also rag, there wippt one immediately a few with; -) this unlike the other! And not vilely, 7/10
(Bulldozer) An Intro with fat Synthiebässen? Very spacig. For me the possible tour-Opener there I of U2 that would expect make it exactly that, what no one expects of them. Therefore certainly a real Untergroundsound with fat Drumbeats and pretty hall on the Toms. The total singed sounds changed become is for me on attempt as well as a real spontaneous Sessionmitschnitt at that no longer much. It reminds looked a few of Rebel Motorcycle club purely of the dirt factor. The Bridge quite nicely is made. Edge incorporates singed again atypical Whammyflächen also in this. Nevertheless... a good Beat makes not yet automatic a new Supersong. Where is the remainder therefore? (4 of 10 Phaser-stars).
(Phaser)
Wow, U2 on Innovationstrip par exellance. That singed starts with hefty bass sounds and guitar sounds, that are reinforced yet by some Synthi-sounds. Bonos voice is to be identified almost not at all, reminded its song natured of the famous 'Bongolese'. In the middle the gives singe it clear Breaks that move to the one Bonos voice into the foreground and let to the other room for Edges ringing guitar. Love And Peace Or Else hears itself at like the Passengers on Ecstacy. (9 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) Unzweifelbar the best, Most innovative, and courageousest Track on the album. Some drug-blues, like it the Queens Of The Stone Age not better would have been able to write. More violently more distorted, carrier bass and guitar open singed that before they freely make Bono and heavy Rythmus (with slow hands claps) the way. With nod and Mitstampfen is unavoidable until all ends in wonderful noise. Lecherous. 10/10
(Malakas)

City Of Blinding Lights
Friends of the "classic U2" will come here on its costs. The one or other U2 means singed one to recognize here, the driving guitar reminds partially of WTSHNN, especially in the very long beginning sequence (the longest on this album, felt over a minute until Bono gets into). Nevertheless this is missing singed somehow something! That appears me not yet ready, the refrain too simple for a classic. Quality for a stadium anthem is however thoroughly available. Addresses me not yet so, perhaps to eingängig? Would reckon during the tour with a shortened new reception, is COBL as a Single possible. Not yet so my case, but high development potential through diligent live game. Note 6/10
(Bulldozer) A Singleanwärter (what I would hope!) is not. Edge starts first of all with powerful feedback and then with a typical, that singed "Wire" similar Gitarrenriff. U2 are back in the 80igern. Also here we have a nice melody extension in the refrain. It is not more than an extension however unfortunately. The total Sound the is singe my case (Produktion? somehow not). But if that does not be useful singed, also the best maker (Flood) can tear nothing. These Xylophonsamples were already in "THTBA" absolutely beside it. Here that is not differently. They do not fit simply to the remainder. The total singed sounds very unfinished. (3 of 10 Phaser-stars).
(Phaser)
City of Blinding Lights is dominated of an eingängigen Piano-melody and a guitar sounding after Helter Skleter. That singed is wonderfully eingängig, almost classically U2 and offers itself probably just in the concerts formally to the Mitgröhlen on. Only the strong vicinity to the power work-singed neon Lights (as a B-side to Vertigo also yet of U2 gecovert!) and that perhaps something length exaggerated, provide for deductions in the B-note. (8 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) Belongs together with "Love And Peace" and "Vertigo" to the quality guarantor of the album, and fits best in the connection on "Love And Peace". Slow start with Keyboardklängen, that remind of power work "neon Lights", tears singed itself that with "Where The streets..." guitar upwards to the bombastischen refrain, that will be unquestionable on the new tour a highpoint: "You look so beautiful tonight"! 9/10
(Malakas)

All Because Of You4#>
I find Edge here magnificently, already in the first (!) Second skin the man one out, who hurts one the ear and forgave one obligatorily the face: -) simply, simple, good. I cannot here unfortunately generally with Bonos song anfreunden, that disturbs sooner and melodic generally not to the music fits imho, accompanied of an unimaginative refrain, that for that however each can notice itself; -) would damage myself, cause was something unausgegoren, also here more possible. Perhaps Bono fells yet what on. Thanks to Edge note 6,5/10
(Bulldozer) That singed starts with a strong Panning-effect of the guitar. Does right witty - however this should singed distract quite already that in the forefield higher of the actual? Which singed actually? I seek it in the moment always yet. At the same time I am already at home. Would notice: one distorted make guitar directly in the Vintage-Amp plus four accords yet no Single super. Bono's it song line is under all canon. Neither it fits singed to the actual, yet sounds it generally prettily. I would speak even about "sloping". That angewandete technology is nice certainly already already multiple the Vocaldopplung (Edge). The guitars sound otherwise quite rotzig and sharply. For me a Hiwatt and a Telecaster. That singed is useful me even however fewer. (4 of 10 Phaser-stars).
(Phaser)
That singed closes itself almost seamless at city of Blinding Lights on. Again an eingängiger refrain, again a quite classic U2-Song with which also Bono assists at the guitar. Remaining remained it probably of that attention baby session. Also if multiply conjectured: actual Single-potential is missing singed that (6 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) He who knows that "attention baby" Outtakes, will recognize here (finally) the krachende "Gonna Blow Your House Down". Percussion and guitar - after shrill opening - hunt singed through that, that stretched after "Vertigo" probably most. Although the melody quickly stiis, the refrain is however a little weak and not particularly original. Standard U2 singed, that also on the last disk well place would have found. 7/10
(Malakas)

A one And A Woman
Of the title here an anmutende ballad, that is however then yet no correct, there that did not singe comes itself really slowly therefore, but rather as a midtempo number entpuppt! Nevertheless it remained natural a dear song. Very long text, Bono gives singed itself audibly effort with that. Bass line typical an Adam rounds off singed that to the end there. One will have to listen to nevertheless often. Note 6,5/10
(Bulldozer) Again sooner a with acoustics guitar more arranged more oriented singed. For me, it sounds however unfortunately like transition music for film scenes. I imagine any actor in the Cabrio how he goes through the landscape. For that that would be singed suited really prime to the Untermalung. FOR more however also unfortunately not. At a Single, I think first not at all. Edge tried that singed snatched up with a nice U2-typischen to rescue in the refrain yet. Nevertheless... it splashes so there. It reminds me everything a few of the quite long-winded B-sides out of the time of The Joshua Tree. Dancing Barefoot similarly would come the thing. (4 of 10 Phaser-stars)
(Phaser)
The absolute low point of the CD is A one And A Woman. That singed causes like a drittklassige Joshua Tree-B-side, a Slow Motion version of Dancing Barefoot. A boring Akkustik-guitar and a little Innovative melody let singed fall back this very far (2 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) Schwächster singed, or also "wildly Honey" of the new album. Begins with Akkustikgitarre and percussion, comes ends begins then slowly in trip, and how it, remains hang however in the avoided-speed, bored can be checked off hardly melody, blade also somehow, and as an unimaginative Popsong. 3/10
(Malakas)

Crumbs From Your Table
Holla! Begin a couple singe quite retain unleashed singed originally, so groovt of this here immediately, accompanied of one Edge, that also this its stamp aufdrückt. There I am strained now already on the live-version. Musically very lecherous. Under circumstances a Single. Note 7,5/10
(Bulldozer) A grooviger Drumbeat with driving bass. Very prettily. That can become yet a real Single. The melody burns itself already better into the ear. Just the Gitarrenriffs of the beginning erinneren very strongly at cuts of that attention baby Outtakes out of the Hansa sound studio. Here very probably old material verb rate became. In my eyes, that must be not bad. The result very probably can see let itself. For me just on the basis of the Outros a more possible singed for the end of a live show. The Synties sound however unfortunately already again terribly beside it. They do not fit of the Sound to the Temparatur of the remaining instruments - me in any case not. As a musician, one has it apparently heavily. (8 of 10 Phaser-stars)
(Phaser)
Crumbs From Your Table connects itself actually directly to all Because of You. To be sure it is clearly bass and Gitarrenlastiger and causes therefore epochaler, but altogether one must singe Steve Lillywhite for this and the two vorhergehnden sooner ear cowardly. There already clearly better productions were delivered. Altogether that sounds singed something after Walk On, only much more boring (4 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) To the good fortune equally again much better if also again in the avoided-speed area established. Opening with typical Edge Gitarrenintro, that singed quietly with very much Soul before Edge lends more Pep after two-thirds in best "Walk On" manner of the thing. Typical U2 singed with heart and soul if also in the first hearing a few protected come to be the melody missing. 7/10
(Malakas)

One Step Closer
Warmer, perceptiveer singed, suitably for Winterabende. Do I hear there a klingelingeling? Begins quietly and retain in order to win then yet something more at speed. One senses sounds the influence of a Daniel Lanois, this track "differently" as that of S. Lillywhite of produced pieces. Many a will touch certainly mental. Note 6,5/10
(Bulldozer) This singed is ideal for persons with just failed relations. It drives one - so far one yet irresolutely was - now then final the slope down into the death. The decided fought clearly more easily is made me - then must bear I it namely no longer. The total singed influences expresses me depressive - what I honestly said would find unsightly in this form. The Synthieteppich and the soften guitar show in any case atmosphere - to be sure in fragwürder direction. It withdraws itself my knowledge what should singed state that. Also here the maker was able to rescue nothing more - also if it is named Lanois and probably in the last Dublin stay during its tour 2003 a Pedalsteel-Guitar taxed. (5 of 10 Phaser-stars)
(Phaser)
Juhu, One Step Closer gets out the CD out of its between depth and provides for a disposition á la 'The First Time' - gets already once the miracle candles out! That singed is cut very on Bono, whose song and Lyrics worry here for orderly power. Especially the refrain pushes singed at the same time that. Wim Wenders becomes this piece of dear and if necessary in one of its next singe use - therefrom am convinced I (8 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) The athmosphärischste singed the album that sounds especially at the beginning strongly after "Passengers"-Ambiente. Instrumentiert sparse Bonos voice in the foreground is not reminded constructs singed itself here, that guitar of "With Or Without You", first to the end that with Larrys Drums to the highpoint up to reach around then yet somehow just these common manners. Altogether heavily accessibly, but promises to prove - similarly "so Cruel" - after five times hearing its class. 7/10
(Malakas)

Original Of The Species
Who thought that this album to the end decreases there at trip, that errs powerfully. In spite of insignificant start, a quite faster number develops here. I would become singed communicate that yes Single-qualities if it were not hidden so far behind in the album, where otherwise no Singles can be found. A change rich song with a clear structure, accompanies with a Piano. Remixer could have here its joy. All fits felled me. Note 8/10
(Bulldozer) Jawoll! The first singed with a correct refrain as well as I it now already since over a half hour would expect. That conveys it for me directly to the Single-candidate. I clamp me now simply at all. Much comes no longer. The guitars sound very U2-typisch. Very glockig in the Style of Big Country. I white... one so cannot say... is singed have would like it however that a to that I once sex. Wonderful! (9 of 10 Phaser-stars).
(Phaser)
Holla, here U2 made however the Beatles amply competition. A more beautiful ballad better singed, carried becomes that by Piano-sounds and sooner inconspicuous Drums. To the rear out Edge receives the command and lets powerfully shine Bonos voice once again. That everything sounds after best attention baby times and the correct red wine singed would proceed... around a pretty woman in a cultivated bottle to (9 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) The new "Walk On". Piano and voice control singed that while guitar and bass remain once in the background. To the refrain there then rythmischer, and that very remembered actually already a few too very at the Beatles to "Sgt. Pepper" times. Also a standard U2 singed - good, however not of the stool tearing. Could live however magnificent become (like itself also "Walk On" first on the concerts correctly unfolded) to recognize like perhaps already on the version in the Apple iPod presentation - with only piano and voice -. 7/10
(Malakas)

Yahweh
Yahweh? Oje, that becomes certainly sowas schnulziges as well as Grace... incorrect! Reminds sooner of a fast track as well as "Do You Feel Loved"! That singed has Power, and U2 so have not fade away let rarely to say around not at all, a disk! Finely, once what other. Note 7/10
(Bulldozer) Here we have Anti-Grace. That singed is as fast as yet no last number at the end of an U2 album. Therefore we have now also innovation. We are also in the last piece. Unfortunately the superfluous Piano irritates already a few. To grasp and made use of Edge tried yet once into the 80iger trick box its trade mark-Flagolett-Sounds as well as it it already in "I wants follow", "11 o' clock tic tock" and "Gloria" used has. The Rhytmus-guitar plays predominantly Palm-courage. The end convinced with a glockigem á la "A sort of homecoming" snatched up on ganzter line. (6 of 10 points).
(Phaser)
That the albums Closer was produced by Chris Thomas, is clearly recognizable: it sounds strongly after Coldplay. Therefore therefore an avoided-speed did not singe fit wants Bonos song in that unfortunately so really to the song itself. Nevertheless: a good termination of the album, which lets arise here even another little memories of all That You Cançt Leave Behind, (6 of 10 stars).
(U2tomorrow) Uptempo unusual right, cheerful end for an U2 album. Edges guitar plays going through driving a little three-note-melody in the background while Bono swears to on Hebräisch God. Potential has certainly as a Schlussong for the coming tour, if also a few of the U2 rice board. 6/10
(Malakas)

Result
We begin with the positive. U2 have promised since many, many, yes for very many years a gitarrenlastiges album, directly, simply and without much Schnickschnack. Here was held large part word, gives singed it actual none, that is not determined by a "furious" Edge in the end. So one did not experience U2 very long, is somehow also this disk unlike that what one heard previously of U2. Respect. One can assign, than the experimental 90ern, is HTDAAB actually sooner the early 80ern the influence of head-Producers Steve Lillywhite unmistakable! That singe cause very homogeneous, fit well together, it is loud and aggressive! Correctly slow is found singe one hardly before, who schmusen wants to must what seek other, Edge is the boss! Goods so! Avoided and determine Uptempo numbers the picture, that partly correctly groovig daherkommen, that itches it one in the feet! However almost each surprise moments are missing and I miss go to date always so priced have the magnificent melodies that animate to the mitsingen, into the ear, and the U2! "Rockig" its all is not. I had singe in 3-4 the feeling, that fits Bonos part not well to the music carpet of the three colleagues, be missing clear structures, do not empty that cause tracks therewith not ready, and its potential. One partly formally can hear the time pressure in the forefield of the VÖ! Bonos voice sounds here and there rau and angekratzt what I perceive personally however as very suitably. Singe that are everyone in no way bad, but it gives produced also here immortal pearls that previously all albums? Often must listen to one this album in any case, what actually no bad characteristic must be in order to find then yet yet the actual access, like in earlier albums, that with each hear better became. And which usually in the end the best are. Here my large hope lies, for it did not remove me the shoes today. Therefore the lower estimation is not yet final, but also not badly. The volumes speaks always gladly about "its best album". On that U2 must measure let itself, and at this work, HTDAAB fails. Of someone of that the large stadiums of this world next year fill wants, expected I first of all more. Nevertheless good note 7/10, thanks to Edge; -)
(Bulldozer)
I am disappointed in the moment of the album yet very. I had bad expected after the Werbetrommel so had been turned. For if the product is bad, one more strongly must advertise than otherwise. The bomb sounds for me altogether unfortunately very "unfinished" and predominantly also badly transferred. Did I get therefore also bad? Now, that will show the time. But if these singe represent should the elite out of the last 4 years, should think about one possibly earnestly over a longer recess or quite a separation. Furthermore Bonos fall really extremely bad song lines very strongly negatively in my judgment into the weight. Its Melodienen sound often unfortunately very gequält. They awake have to give occur wanted themselves even the impression, that here three gentlemen very probably tried effort to deliver a half-way good instrumental basis, Bono however in the best will also in the 10 song line nothing vernüftiges. And with force, it goes should be should restricted already once not at all. perhaps one yet more to its actual talents and "bound" be not intellectually with other subjects that it affects singe negatively the work at new. U2 do not sound for me for the first time in its career as well as two volumes and like a unit. This is also the frightening at my result. In the end one has mooes himself solidly Drums, a solid bass, a guitarist of that honest like before and ever to stretched. All this will let made then however that through miese song lines in the first higher no clear Songstrukturen up flash rigeros to niece. "All Because of You" straight a real negative example is here. No, one should have placed perhaps also simply once the Tapes into the corner and begun perhaps again better entirely of ahead. A live usefulness of that singe opens itself for me in the moment not yet really - first quite not in open stadiums. That singe have yet appears neither ear worm character its structure in the first hearing. I found yet no U2-Album in the first higher so disappointing weakly and listless like the bomb. It harms me really, but: "no applause for would shit!" We have it here according to my opinion with a patchwork of the last 4 years to do, in that by means of Drag & Drop convulsively tried become is to be produced an eggs legend Wollmilchsau. And that went for me momentarily first of all correctly into the pair of pants. (Momentarily after the first higher only 3 of 10 Phaser-stars than a total result).
(Phaser)
Ahead: no, How To Dismantle at Atomic Bomb U2s is not is best album, it also not the best album of this year. But it is a very reason solid album, I am almost tended to name it a typical U2-Album. Above all also this disk will be again one: a CD that wins listen to with each time, that therefore much time need is become accustomed until one to it - and it then however also dear learns. U2 tried at the same time a good mixture out of sooner classic, anthem notebooks singe and to deliver More innovative Gitarrensounds. This is arrive them in the large and entire - the large scaring of however just also the Oho- or Aha-effect remain from. Some singe sound at the same time somewhat unfinished, multiply is singe just the means passage of that disappointing. Is obvious also, that Edge in these receptions the pair of pants anhatte - are Sound dominated the disk. Questionably the total work is live transfer lets like itself. There is the justified hope, succeed could singe considerably grow that it the volume - similar to in chirped - some in its live-versions to let. It would be prettier been however if this were arrive already in the last four years in the studio. Nevertheless: How To Dismantle at Atomic Bomb is fun and singe who the Skip-key in that 6 to 8 served, perhaps even will be enthused. (7.5 of 10 stars as a total result).
(U2tomorrow)
Altogether the album offers a clear further development after "all That You Can´t Leave Behind". It delivers singe typical, strong of a volume, that found new courage to ideas, how especially "Love And Peace" proves. Moreover U2 stretched again, at least in the first half of the album. In the second half decrease had left the speed, and the ingenuity (" One Step Closer" once excluded), unfortunately again somewhat, as the boys yet again the courage to create a more controversial, claim fuller album. 7/10
(Malakas)

Someone tell me Vertigo is a six or seven. This is crap. If vertigo is a six and the album is a seven, then this album is going to rock.

If Miracle Drug snippet didn't promise too much, then we are all idiots, with our initial reactions two months ago.

tkramer said:
Someone tell me Vertigo is a six or seven. This is crap. If vertigo is a six and the album is a seven, then this album is going to rock.

They had 4 reviewers rate each song. Vertigo got 7.5, 6, 7, 8

I love these google translations... :/

anyone who speak german wanna do us all a favour and translate this, or the essential stuff? :)

These guys are the first 'fans' to hear the album. Therefore, we can expect them to be more critical than some 'professional' reviewers.

Their main point seems to be: the music is great. Adam, Larry and Edge did a great job. On the other side, Bono did a lousy job on the melodies and choruses. One reviewer even gets the impression that he's listening to two different bands!
"U2 klingen für mich erstmals in ihrer Karriere wie zwei Bands und nicht wie eine Einheit. Dies ist auch das erschreckende an meinem Fazit. Letztendlich hat man solide Drums, einen soliden Bass, einen Gitarristen der sich redlich müht wie eh und je zu rocken. All dies wird dann aber durch miese Gesangslinien die beim ersten Höhren keinerlei klare Songstrukturen aufblitzen lassen rigeros zu nichte gemacht."
At the same time, they only got one listen. Therefore, they hope the album will turn out to be a 'grower', just like we're used to the other albums.
I hope they're right about that. :eyebrow:

I agree their are a few clunker lines in the songs, but I felt the lyrics were much stronger than the last time out. So I already know I disagree with them there...

I wouldn't rate any U2 albums as low as they just did.

So either this is their worst album ever or it's alot better than they're saying.I think I lmow which one it'll be...

Ok, I think this is the thing...
These four fans were obviously waiting for this day for a very long time. And they swallowed all this hype that it's gonna be the best album ever and all that shit, so they got in that room, expecting something incredible...and they got terribly disappointed...ON A FIRST LISTEN. I can't believe that Miracle Drug is described as one of the weaker tracks from the album. So, no one can take these reviews for granted, because they are not actually reviews. They are first impressions. On the positive side, I love the reactions to Crumbs From Your Table! Looks like we have another big rock song...

I think you're right. They seem to have just rated the easily accessible songs good and the slower songs bad. I don't this is a very good review.

One gave Vertigo a 6/10. Come on! Vertigo is at least an 8/10. These guys are very hard reviewers. Especially Phaser.

There is a lot of diversity in the reviews. Especially for Love, peace, or else. One reviewer gave it 4/10 while another gave it 10/10. So personal taste has bias here.

Also, one reviewer gave COBL 3/10 stars! WTF?? We've heard COBL. I could be one of U2's best. Maybe one their 20 bests songs and one guy gives it 3/10.

They seem to agree that "A man and Woman (AMAAW)" is the worst. Other magazine reviews say that "crumbs" is the worst song and these guys seem to love it.

Hmmmmm... Were they actually listening to the same album?

...and every other review has noted "crumbs from your table" as one of the weaker tracks, so that's a little strange.

these are just 4 fans, and they each come into it with their own expectations and perceptions of what the album SHOULD sound like.

3 weeks people.

That's all you have to wait. And you won't have to suffer through poorly translated amateur reviews by obviously over zealous fans.

I don't care if the critic from Rolling Stone (or whomever) calls it a turd and gives it 1 star out of 5. I will decide for myself, as will 99% of the rest of you. So why does it even matter?

Don't let the expectations of some people alter yours. Just expect a good album, not their best, not the greatest album ever made, just a good solid U2 album and I am quite sure you will not be dissapointed. And if you are, well then it's not really worth worrying about is it?

I know 3 of these people because I'm German and they are very hard with everything U2 does! They are very critical and I think that they do not represent the majority of U2 Fans! Their opinions are always very different to most of the people here and in the u2tour.de forum! So don't panic!

Yeah..I picked that up from the tone of what I could understand of the reviews...very elitist and up themselves, too much over-analysis.

biff said:
I'm just relieved to hear the album is "without much Schnickschnack". Thank goodness for that!

wow, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. Now I feel better.

Back
Top Bottom