Who was your first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
Michael Jackson--The Bad Tour

I was about 8 or 9 I guess...

Don't laugh, he was hot shit during those days!

If you were a boy, you would have gotten a lot of attention from him during the show.

:wink:

Just a joke, relax:laugh:

The Alarm. I was 15 years old and my parents would only let me go if my friend's Dad went with us.

Great concert, but not very cool being there with his Dad.

I don't think it was my very first concert (don't remember what that was though...), but one of the first ones I saw was Warren Zevon in the early 80's. Damn that was fun! :)

I'm a "newbie" to the concert scene -- my first concert - technically - was John Fogerty a few months back - but my first "real" concert :) will be U2 on 4.6.05! EEEE!!!!

Soooo excited...

Last edited:
my parents dragged me to some folk festival things when i was a kid, but my first "real" concert - the first show i went to because i wanted to go - was the barenaked ladies in 1999 (i was 15). i'd still say it was one of the best shows i've ever been to.

Rock On, Aardvark. Rock On.

Anyways...

The Corrs, 2001. Haven't seen any one since, too. Could've seen:

Pet Shop Boys
RHCP
Duran Duran
Youssou N'Dour
Coldplay
Travis

but either had no money, no time, or in the case of the latter two, when they came here (as a double bill )I had no frigging clue who they were.

Metallica 1991

Followed by Pearl Jam on their first European tour in 1992. Eddie punched me in the back :(

The Allman Brothers Band at the Greek Theater, LA. I was 11 or 12 so it would have been 1978-1979.

u2popmofo said:
Chicago

No, I'm not joking. Chi freaking cago.

:|

Soon after I moved in with Mr. BAW, he took me to see Chicago for my birthday. Chicago with opening act Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.

:hmm:

Maybe he was trying to get me to move out? :wink:

I saw Switchfoot in the 1990s before they were popular...

But my first popular band while they were popular was the Barenaked Ladies in 1998.

I can't remember who I first saw at the rodeo, I was too young and I don't think that really counts. But my firrst concert concert was The Goo Goo Dolls or Dave Matthews Band, I can't remember. But they both were great!:cute:

if we exclude folk festivals and the odd recital, or perhaps children entertainer that I don't remember, then I guess it would be U2 in Toronto on October 26th 1997

Gin Blossoms and Goo Goo Dolls, state fair, 1995 or so. I was dragged to it, and I HATED it. Mostly because someone spilled beer on me. :angry:

My second concert, the first that I willingly went to, was U2, in 2001. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom