Who out there are the Youngest and the Oldest U2 Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ and if it really is 4.59am where you are right now you should sooooo be asleep
:) :hug:

what song hooked you?

Haha It's a long story about the sleep. I've been sick lately and it's hard for me to sleep and...well...I told you it was a long story. :lol:

What song hooked me? Not sure. More like, what album hooked me. :) My dad and I watched Rattle and Hum and that interested me majorly!!! I then figured out that my dad had some cd's (Rattle and Hum, War, and Achtung Baby!) I'd say that Achtung Baby TOTALLY hooked me. One day on a snow day, I listened to it over and over and over and over again because I found it in our cd collection and I kinda knew U2 from Rattle and Hum. Been a U2 fan ever since. :heart:

22 and a fan, I suppose since I was 14:hmm:

Still seemingly not old enough to grow a proper beard either, still waaay too bum fluffy:angry:

Haha It's a long story about the sleep. I've been sick lately and it's hard for me to sleep and...well...I told you it was a long story. :lol:

What song hooked me? Not sure. More like, what album hooked me. :) My dad and I watched Rattle and Hum and that interested me majorly!!! I then figured out that my dad had some cd's (Rattle and Hum, War, and Achtung Baby!) I'd say that Achtung Baby TOTALLY hooked me. One day on a snow day, I listened to it over and over and over and over again because I found it in our cd collection and I kinda knew U2 from Rattle and Hum. Been a U2 fan ever since. :heart:

sorry to hear you've been sick :hug: . . . hope you get better soon :)

Rattle & hum . . . nice introduction . . . all the live stuff must have blown you away :yes:

Fan since Pop/Popmart. I was only 9 back then. Now I'm 21. Don't know if I am the youngest anymore but I did get the award back in 1996.

First time seeing them LA sports arena Unforgettable fire tour (85 I think)

First album I heard WAR

Dam I'm old! Time does fly by. I need a drink.

I'm 31 and been a fan since I was 12-13 hearing Desire on the radio....

Seen them 10 times since 1992 in 5 different countries!

I will have a daughter in about 2 weeks and I'm hoping to be able to go to a U2 concert with her in 7-10 years.... it will be a close call!:sad:

sorry to hear you've been sick :hug: . . . hope you get better soon :)

Rattle & hum . . . nice introduction . . . all the live stuff must have blown you away :yes:

Thank you for the get well wishes. :)

Yes it was a nice introduction and the live stuff DID blow me away.

I had played clarinet pretty well before I knew U2 so I was extremely interested in music and playing it. But it was definitely U2 that really sparked my interest even further. I thank them greatly because it was Edge that inspired me to start playing guitar and listen to music differently. More maturely, I guess you could say. :D

Sorry ladies, I'm 57...

Probably a fan since Joshua Tree in 1986/87...a time of personal turmoil for me and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" really meant something...until 2 years later...:heart:

Growing up in the 50's and 60's, I was more influenced by rock and roll and then the British Invasion...

Couldn't wait for Sunday nights to see who was on the Ed Sullivan show...those were the days... :sad:

I'm 42

Been a fan since June 27th 1983 when my sister dragged me to see U2 at the New Haven Coliseum (none of her freinds wanted to go so I was pressed into service). Ever since a fanatic

I'm 31 and been a fan since I was 12-13 hearing Desire on the radio....

Seen them 10 times since 1992 in 5 different countries!

I will have a daughter in about 2 weeks and I'm hoping to be able to go to a U2 concert with her in 7-10 years.... it will be a close call!:sad:

What do you mean close call?

Back
Top Bottom