Who out there are the Youngest and the Oldest U2 Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 37. Been on the band wagon since '84. UF was my first U2 album and Bad has been my favorite song ever since. If iTunes existed back then, it would tell you that Bad has been played by me a billion times to date. It is my drug of choice. :drool:

Glad to see all the young fans here U2 really do have that universal appeal that most bands would only dream about :)

46. Bought Boy then didn't like October and got interested again with Joshua Tree. In fact, I remember thinking, how I would go and see them but they were too big. Ha! Finally saw them during Joshua Tree and was converted to having to see them every time they came around. Saw fifteen shows during Joshua Tree.

I'm 48 and have been a fan ever since I bought an album without hearing it - I thought the name of the band was "boy" and the title "u2". Had a spare couple of bucks and just liked the look of it so bought it. The year... 1980. Glad I did.

:ohmy: That is the first time I have ever heard anyone say the exact thing that happened to me. I have mentioned that as well around here, bought the album with a group of friends on a whim, thinking the band was Boy, and the album name U2. However I never got to actually listen to it that day. Anyways, sort of went through the years with U2 in the background and not til HTDAAB did I finally become a big fan. (As I said earlier, I'm 47)

Im 38, been fan since i was 11.
My son Lewis was a fan of U2 before he was old enuff to talk. he used to sit in his baby seat in the car and do the Hoo Hoo bits at the start of elevation

I think these ladies win! :cute:

BonoOlderFans.jpg

My husband says that will be me and my friend one day. I said OMG I hope so! :drool:

I'm 16, started listening to U2 when I was 12. I had never bought a CD before, and everybody loved that band called U2, so I bought the first U2 album I could find, which was War. Still my favorite band.

I don't want to derail the thread, but what is the story with the old ladies in that picture? Was it legit?

Anyway, I am 31, I turn 32 in July. I became a diehard fan in 92. First time I remember actually hearing U2 was in 89 after Rattle and Hum came out but I forgot about them until 92.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom