who do you want to see U2 collaborate with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah David Bowie is starting to seem like an overdue collaboration for them. good call. he would've been perfect during popmart, but i'm sure it could work out in the future as well.

I'd like to see him and Damian cover a Bob Marley track..or Wyclef...maybe a rhyme or two by Kanye

he's got a great Marley-esque voice :up:

ps Im talking an official released recording, not a one-off stage appearance

Last edited:
dr. zooeuss said:

nice. :up:

K-OS..
represent hip-hop and Ontario all at once

(I'll refrain from mentioning that it's hard to recall my one brief visit to Ontario without recalling the bad rap song that came to mind when I saw a police car emblazoned with the abbreviation for "Ontario Provincial Police.")

Honestly, given who they had open last tour, I REALLY REALLY want them to give serious consideration to K-OS for the next go round. One of the most talented musicians in Canada, not just hiphop.

re OPP - I remember when I was a kid there was some sign at our school with two OPP officers and the abbreviation was elongated into "Our Purpose Prevention"...because I had just moved from a very country upbringing in PEI I couldnt help but think that Ontario had the nerdiest name for it's cops ever :lol:

gabrielvox said:

Honestly, given who they had open last tour, I REALLY REALLY want them to give serious consideration to K-OS for the next go round. One of the most talented musicians in Canada, not just hiphop.

i'll have to look more into his work sometime- honestly i'd heard of him in passing but had to look him up after your post.

gabrielvox said:

re OPP - I remember when I was a kid there was some sign at our school with two OPP officers and the abbreviation was elongated into "Our Purpose Prevention"...because I had just moved from a very country upbringing in PEI I couldnt help but think that Ontario had the nerdiest name for it's cops ever :lol:

lol, funny. was that prior to the "Naughty by Nature" train-wreck of a song? the opportunities for jokes must've been wild in Ontario when that came out...

major_panic said:
John Mayer :drool:

nice! someone on youtube did a nice mixup of "stuck in a moment" and "waiting on the world to change"

definitely worth looking up.

as Mayer is definitely a blues man, i wonder how his and Edge's styles would gel..

dr. zooeuss said:

i'll have to look more into his work sometime- honestly i'd heard of him in passing but had to look him up after your post.

lol, funny. was that prior to the "Naughty by Nature" train-wreck of a song? the opportunities for jokes must've been wild in Ontario when that came out...

I think so...but when OPP came out by that time I was living in the city (toronto) which has its own large police force...and was never really into that whole nbn, sir mix alot, booty music hiphop...i was more bdp, pe, epmd, eric b/rakim, nwa, big daddy kane, tribe, that sort of thing

i do remember this nerd at my school who one time said it was so cool that naughty decided to dedicate a song to the opp...he said the cops must have been real nice to nbn when they toured here... :lmao: :nerd:

gabrielvox said:

I think so...but when OPP came out by that time I was living in the city (toronto) which has its own large police force...and was never really into that whole nbn, sir mix alot, booty music hiphop...i was more bdp, pe, epmd, eric b/rakim, nwa, big daddy kane, tribe, that sort of thing

i do remember this nerd at my school who one time said it was so cool that naughty decided to dedicate a song to the opp...he said the cops must have been real nice to nbn when they toured here... :lmao: :nerd:

:laugh:

i wasn't into the "booty music hip-hop" either, but that song was inescapable at my high school back whenever that was... 1991 or whatever.. and it's the only other time i've seen those three letters as an acronym...

but i digress.

yeah, the hip-hop i appreciated then was the stuff i still wish the genre was still known for- groups like public enemy, arrested development, tribe called quest, de la soul, disposable heroes

Back
Top Bottom