which internet browser do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are we really surprised???

First IE 7 Beta 2 Bug Found

An independent researcher needed just 15 minutes to find the first bug in the Beta 2 preview release of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser.

Tom Ferris, of Mission Viejo, California, published his findings just hours after Microsoft released the beta code. His findings are posted online.

Ferris discovered the bug, which causes Internet Explorer to crash when it tries to read a specially crafted HTML file, using an automated security testing tool, called a "fuzzer," that he wrote to test Microsoft's browsers.

"Whenever they patch, I normally run IE through the fuzzing iterations, just to see if there [is something new]," he says. Ferris posted his findings at 8:30 p.m. Pacific time on Tuesday, the same day IE Beta 2 was released, he says.

nbcrusader said:
Are we really surprised???
An independent researcher needed just 15 minutes to find the first bug in the Beta 2 preview release of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser.

Tom Ferris, of Mission Viejo, California, published his findings just hours after Microsoft released the beta code. His findings are posted online.

Ferris discovered the bug, which causes Internet Explorer to crash when it tries to read a specially crafted HTML file, using an automated security testing tool, called a "fuzzer," that he wrote to test Microsoft's browsers.

"Whenever they patch, I normally run IE through the fuzzing iterations, just to see if there [is something new]," he says. Ferris posted his findings at 8:30 p.m. Pacific time on Tuesday, the same day IE Beta 2 was released, he says.

15 minutes??? i'm suprised it took that long :ohmy:

;)

Been using Firefox for months and months now.

In the last 4 weeks i've been having problems viewing these forums through it though - i only came across this topic by searching for 'firefox' to see if anyone else had similar problems!:wink:

It's mainly the images that are messed up for example, the quote/report - image icons next to forums etc

Wouldn't know how to attempt to explain so took some screenshots.

This is what i see on the main index page of the forums

When i click on one of the forums i get this

When i open one of the topics i see this

When i attempt to make a post i get this

Having to use IE to view these forums now which is a nuisance - don't seem to have the same problem anywhere else :-/

Anyone had this before or know how to fix it?

Cheers!

The Maestro said:
Been using Firefox for months and months now.

In the last 4 weeks i've been having problems viewing these forums through it though - i only came across this topic by searching for 'firefox' to see if anyone else had similar problems!:wink:

It's mainly the images that are messed up for example, the quote/report - image icons next to forums etc

Wouldn't know how to attempt to explain so took some screenshots.

This is what i see on the main index page of the forums

When i click on one of the forums i get this

When i open one of the topics i see this

When i attempt to make a post i get this

Having to use IE to view these forums now which is a nuisance - don't seem to have the same problem anywhere else :-/

Anyone had this before or know how to fix it?

Cheers!

hmm, doesn't look like any images are loading. i'm not sure what would do that, do you have an extension that might be blocking them?

anyone here know if this could be a cache issue?

the rockin edge said:

hmm, doesn't look like any images are loading. i'm not sure what would do that, do you have an extension that might be blocking them?

anyone here know if this could be a cache issue?

I had that problem with the 1.0.7 version. It's okay now. Of course I have now cursed myself.:|

Does anyone know the extension to use to make a 'copy' of a tab (same web page) in a new tab?

You don't need an extension. Just make sure that you're in the address bar, and then hit Alt+Enter.

Firefix 1.5... i've been using it since my current roommate reccomended it.. it ROCKS.

Here's screenshots of my extensions and search engines...

search
search.jpg

extensions
extensions.jpg

i configured my firefox to compose a new gmail message by doing Tools > New Message or by clicking a button on my toolbar, its just lovely. As many other things are great about firefox too, especially the search an extensions i use :D

u2granny said:

I had that problem with the 1.0.7 version. It's okay now. Of course I have now cursed myself.:|

I'm on the latest version of Firefox and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times.

I was hoping it'd be fixed when i upgraded to latest version but same problem...

Sicy said:

Thanks, read through all that and didn't see anything that helped though.. i don't have Norton, just windows standard firewall that comes with XP...tried looking through the settings there but couldn't see any options to block or allow sites... :-/

jesseu2 said:
Sicy, you might want this extension:

eWebMail Color and Graphics - Firefox Extension

eWebMail Color and Graphics 2.5, by Harry Patsis, released on December 07, 2005

Quick Description

Enables Color and Graphics for Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail and MyWay composition in Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=389&application=firefox

THANK YOU for this!! I was irritated because in Hotmail firefox removes all the graphics and extras for some reason, so I always have to use IE for hotmail. Now I dont anymore! Woo hooo!!!

The Maestro said:

I'm on the latest version of Firefox and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times.

I was hoping it'd be fixed when i upgraded to latest version but same problem...

Thanks, read through all that and didn't see anything that helped though.. i don't have Norton, just windows standard firewall that comes with XP...tried looking through the settings there but couldn't see any options to block or allow sites... :-/

Anyone any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom