"Where's Mike and the Mechanics? Where's Warrant?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sledgehammer

The Fly
Well, I think Will Farell was the highlight of the show. It was very funny!
biggrin.gif

Btw, I don't know about Mike and the Mechanics but Warrant is here!

p06164udqc7.jpg

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

[This message has been edited by Sledgehammer (edited 09-07-2001).]

"Where's O-Town"?????????
biggrin.gif

Him, Ben Stiller, U2 (and Carson Daly's intro for them) were the highlights of the show.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Why are you still awake, Bonochick?

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Calluna:

Why are you still awake, Bonochick?

Because even though I was up all night, I had to get up at 5:30 to get ready for work.
smile.gif

*stops*

*looks at clock*

Oh, *#@%!!!!!!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:
Well, I think Will Farell was the highlight of the show. It was very funny!
biggrin.gif

Btw, I don't know about Mike and the Mechanics but Warrant is here!

p06164udqc7.jpg

DROOOLLING!! :
biggrin.gif

....and no I'm serious! I would much rather see Warrant than the crap which polluted the airwaves last night, they sure as hell look and sound a lot better than Linkin Park, Staid, Limp Bizkit, the rap crap or the boy bands-really!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 09-07-2001).]

Will Ferrell is one of the funniest men alive. He has saved more SNL sketches than I can count.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
DROOOLLING!! :
biggrin.gif

....and no I'm serious! I would much rather see Warrant than the crap which polluted the airwaves last night, they sure as hell look and sound a lot better than Linkin Park, Staid, Limp Bizkit, the rap crap or the boy bands-really!

I'm not a fan of Warrant, but you have a point.

My brother adores 80's hair bands--it's scary. He'd rather listen to Quiet Riot's Cum On Feel the Noise than Mysterious Ways.
rolleyes.gif

As for Mike and the Mechanics, Living Years is a booooring song, but Silent Running is actually quite moving--a very good 80's song.

------------------
In time you'll see that some things travel faster than light
In time you'll recognize that love is larger than life
And praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt
And bends the shape of things that haven't happened yet

-Neil Finn

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
DROOOLLING!! :
biggrin.gif

I totally agree - I cannot stand that a**hole Durst - he is a horses ass.

------------------
u2achtungbaby.homestead.com

Come on take me away
Come on take me home
Home again

It's funny how the award show was all rappers or teeny boppers. There were no awards for any rock bands or metal bands.
U2 seems to be the one of the very few rock MTV acknowledges.

It's discrimination I tell you. Who needs MTV anyways!

plthumbsdown.gif

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

DUDES I saw warrant in concert at our school's Union ballroom about 6 months ago!! I was in the front of the 300+ crowd, and started a mosh pit and I also got a pick and the setlist!!!!!! It was the funniest show ever.. songs like "heaven' and "i saw red" the lead singer called the "pussy cabaret" cause he wrote them to get laid. HAAHA!

I LIKE Warrant! I bought all their albums in the 80's! Heaven, I Saw Red, Bed of Roses, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Sometimes She Cries, even Down Boys are good songs, I don't care what anybody else says! Don't forget their Ode to Tipper Gore, which was all F words and was in response to Tipper's trying to censor rock music! Cherry Pie was lame though. We all make mistakes.

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:
We all make mistakes.

Everybody, apart from U2.
AND Peter Gabriel.
wink.gif

Well there was POP, and Peter Gabriel's new album! He can't even write or sing any more, he has to have other guests doing it for him. He's fat and bald and old and useless now. What a shame.

Originally posted by ODB:
Well there was POP, and Peter Gabriel's new album! He can't even write or sing any more, he has to have other guests doing it for him. He's fat and bald and old and useless now. What a shame.

PoP? Mistake? Psha! Sounds like somebody lost the plot...
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Actually, Pop was the first U2 album I considered buying...

------------------
The King has spoken!

anger.gif

1.) Pop was great. A Masterpiece. Ahead of its time, as all U2 albums. I'm so sorry you can't see it.

2.) Do you really think PG can't write or sing anymore? Or you just want to attack to raise some interest?
evil.gif

Well, he had guests on his last album because it was a concept thing and it needed many characters for the story. Trust me, Gabriel still sings great and he has written about 150 songs for his new album. Maybe you should talk with those who see him last month in WOMAD at Seattle.

3.) What's the problem with being fat, bald and old? Artists grow up too, you know.

4.) If there's a mistake here, that is your pointless reply.

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I LIKE Warrant! I bought all their albums in the 80's! Heaven, I Saw Red, Bed of Roses, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Sometimes She Cries, even Down Boys are good songs, I don't care what anybody else says! Don't forget their Ode to Tipper Gore, which was all F words and was in response to Tipper's trying to censor rock music! Cherry Pie was lame though. We all make mistakes.

Ode to Tipper Gore? Is that really the name of the song??? Well, Warrant might be surprised to hear it but in the year 2001, they have a brand new fan!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom