Where to access Linear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyontheHorizon

The Fly
I recently picked up the digipak version of NLOTH, which apparently includes access to Linear. But I can't find it anywhere, unless it's some secret code buried in the booklet's artwork. Does anyone who has one of the "special" editions of NLOTH know where to find it?

I wasn't sure a small question like this warranted its own thread, but I can't find answers anywhere.

Wasn't there some kind of download site mentioned on the digipak somewhere? I'm not too sure as I got the boxset with the dvd, but I think you had to go to a website where you put in a code to download the extra's with the digipak.

I have the DVD myself. I don't think I've watched it since 2009. Who knows if download links and codes from 2009 still work?

There should be a code somewhere in there (and not hidden), and a website to download it at, though it's very possible those links would be dead now. Otherwise, it's readily available from all the usual sources.

The movie is boring as a dog's ass, BTW. I couldn't even get through it once.

The movie is boring as a dog's ass, BTW. I couldn't even get through it once.

I still think the album's really good, one of U2's best. And Linear is not a 'movie' in the traditional sense. It's visuals accompanying the music. No need to watch it intently for 55 minutes. Just put it on, watch a bit, concentrate on something else, watch a bit more of it, etc.

It was a nice experiment, IMO.

I still think the album's really good, one of U2's best. And Linear is not a 'movie' in the traditional sense. It's visuals accompanying the music. No need to watch it intently for 55 minutes. Just put it on, watch a bit, concentrate on something else, watch a bit more of it, etc.

It was a nice experiment, IMO.

I understand what it is....I just find it unwatchable in any context for any length of time.

I do agree with you about the album.

Thank you very much. It's a good point about the link possibly being dead by now; I hadn't thought of that. Though if there is one, I can't find it anywhere in the package. Oh well...

Thank you very much. It's a good point about the link possibly being dead by now; I hadn't thought of that. Though if there is one, I can't find it anywhere in the package. Oh well...

I had a look at my copy (I have the deluxe edition with a DVD copy of Linear, but I believe the CD is the same edition as the regular digipack edition) and I do see instructions to watch Linear online on the back of the cover, above the band photo. That said, when I tried to go to that link, it came up dead.

Oh...wait. Now that I think about it, if you put the CD into a computer, something may come up with the Linear link. I believe it was an "enhanced" CD...meaning there's software on there that will connect you online to the bonus stuff. Though, again, all those links are probably dead.

In any event, if you're really desperate to see it, and don't want to download it from other sources, it's all available on Youtube (divided up by the songs).

I had a look at my copy (I have the deluxe edition with a DVD copy of Linear, but I believe the CD is the same edition as the regular digipack edition) and I do see instructions to watch Linear online on the back of the cover, above the band photo. That said, when I tried to go to that link, it came up dead.

Oh, I found it! Thank you! All my searching the inside of the booklet, and it's in tiny text on the cover. :doh: Too bad it doesn't work, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom