Where did "The Complete U2" on iTunes go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrARoundabout

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

I went on iTunes just a few mins ago to purchase "Where Did It All Go Wrong?" from early A.B recording days AND IT WASN'T THERE! They've taken down "The Complete U2"!

:huh:

BELIVE ME, I CHECKED!
I keep getting, "No longer avaliable". I even tried different links to the store online through Wikipedia.

Its not even avaliable in the U.K and Australia store!

What is going on, there was some stuff on there I still haven't downloaded yet..."Bass Trap", "Alex Desending Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk"

ROUGH CUTS, B-SIDES I HAVEN'T PUT ONTO MY IPOD YET!

Damn, I hope its just a technical problem...I hope they haven't taken it down permanently! (IT WAS ON THERE YESTERDAY!)

:sad:

Last edited:
Well the "The Complete U2" is still there, it's just not complete.:wink:

Click on 'more results' bottom right hand corner.

But yeah, it's missing a lot. Under albums the only Pop song was SATS, they must be having technical issues.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Well the "The Complete U2" is still there, it's just not complete.:wink:

Click on 'more results' bottom right hand corner.

But yeah, it's missing a lot. Under albums the only Pop song was SATS, they must be having technical issues.

I clicked "more results"...nothing...THE WHOLE THING IS MISSING. (And, yeah...I know its not "complete" per say)

Last edited:
OrARoundabout said:

I click "more results"...nothing...THE WHOLE THING IS MISSING. (And, yeah...I know its not "complete" per say)

No, I'm saying when I looked there they had the Complete U2, but it wasn't all there.

Well, the band has released quite a bit since then, so technically "The Complete U2" is a misnomer now. Still though -- interesting, especially since the iTunes U2 page still talks it up even though it's no longer available. Maybe U2 is preparing for another big product launch in 2008 with the arrival of the new album? A new iPod? A new digital box set with more rare material?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I may be getting an ipod for my bday or holiday and wanted to get that FINALLY -Please don't let it be true. At least thanks to the fine souls on these sites, there is a lot we can get. but still:mad: :mad:

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Universal didn't renew their annual contract?

"Instead, Universal said that it would market music to Apple at will, a move that could allow Universal to remove its songs from the iTunes service on short notice if the two sides do not agree on pricing or other terms in the future, these executives said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/02/business/media/02universal.html

hillers said:
Maybe it has to do with the fact that Universal didn't renew their annual contract?

"Instead, Universal said that it would market music to Apple at will, a move that could allow Universal to remove its songs from the iTunes service on short notice if the two sides do not agree on pricing or other terms in the future, these executives said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/02/business/media/02universal.html

That might be it...

ARGH

I'm so upset, I shouldn't have waited son freakin long :sad:

This sucks as I was going to download official versions of various 80s b-sides as soon as I get iTunes cards for Christmas. I guess I'll just have to keep listening to the worse-quality-pirated versions.

the tourist said:
This sucks as I was going to download official versions of various 80s b-sides as soon as I get iTunes cards for Christmas. I guess I'll just have to keep listening to the worse-quality-pirated versions.

I was gunna wait till Christmas as well, URGH...
You guys really have no idea how upset I am:sad:

There was alot of really great stuff on there!

Danny Boy said:
I was really hoping that iTunes would eventually offer The Complete U2 at a higher bitrate. I never imagined that they would delete it from the store altogether.

So, those rare b-sides are no longer "commercially available," yes?

Yeah--I'm not a fan of the 128 kbps standard on itunes. It really should be 320. At least that way people could burn it to a cd if they wanted it to take up less space on their precious iPod nanos.

I believe that currently the only way to get those b-sides besides finding pirated copies is to buy them previously used from sellers on places like ebay or amazon.

If they're no longer commercially available, does that mean that someone could provide links with, er, musical content? :shifty:

Axver said:
If they're no longer commercially available, does that mean that someone could provide links with, er, musical content? :shifty:

I believe I read somewhere that it doesn't matter if it's commercially available or not--this site won't allow copyrighted material to be linked.

the tourist said:
I believe I read somewhere that it doesn't matter if it's commercially available or not--this site won't allow copyrighted material to be linked.

Ah yes, that's what a stickied thread in the new album forum says.

the tourist said:
Yeah, I thought I read it around here recently. Oh well!

People can share e-mail addresses and use that for whatever purposes they desire. :wink:

Very true. Someday I'm just gonna break down and try to find all those singles, though....

OrARoundabout said:
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

I went on iTunes just a few mins ago to purchase "Where Did It All Go Wrong?" from early A.B recording days AND IT WASN'T THERE! They've taken down "The Complete U2"!

:huh:

BELIVE ME, I CHECKED!
I keep getting, "No longer avaliable". I even tried different links to the store online through Wikipedia.

Its not even avaliable in the U.K and Australia store!

What is going on, there was some stuff on there I still haven't downloaded yet..."Bass Trap", "Alex Desending Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk"

ROUGH CUTS, B-SIDES I HAVEN'T PUT ONTO MY IPOD YET!

Damn, I hope its just a technical problem...I hope they haven't taken it down permanently! (IT WAS ON THERE YESTERDAY!)

:sad:

yeah it figures,i finally bought a card today to get song off of it and i be damned :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom