WHERE DID NO DOUBT GO???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
"rumour has it that no doubt has been replaced by rapping, bad music making, weird dressing, eve copying clones. yes u heard it first what u see is not, i repeat IS NOT the real no dubt? what u see in your tv with lame songs like " hey baby" their first single, is some kind of aberration and we want the real no doubt back as soon as possible..."

god this has so many possibilities of being true it scares me
i mustve read that somewhere...

------------------
" I can sing just like Bono, i can do that whole lemon falsetto exactly like him" -- me

"...u know how you can make people jealous by saying good stuff about you thats not even true?" - also me

lol. I thought they pretty much sucked from day 1. I hadn't noticed them getting any worse than they already were.
tongue.gif

**This post in in response to Brown-Eyed Boy - not the people that posted afterwards***

As an old fan of No Doubt, I love their new music and style. They are evolving as artists and performers. They are incorporating new influences like dancehall, reggae and hip-hop to their repertoire, and thank goodness for it. Who wants Tragic Kingdom 2 or Return of Saturn 3? Not me!
Do you want another Beacon Street Sessions? I don't!

I'm happy to see No Doubt reclaim alot of the ground they lost after the last album didn't hit big - and hopefully, you aren't taking the Eve collaboration and the Bounty Killer collaboration as a blanket statement of their new style and vision. Now, if U2 collaborated with Shaggy on a U2 song, then I'd question motives and directions - but No Doubt's heart is where it's always been - making fun, party music that has heart, and a kick-ass groove.

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 12-18-2001).]

Yeah, what HelloAngel said!!

I like their new style... its refreshing!

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

The only new song of No Doubt's I've heard is "Hey Baby", but I love it.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
No Doubt rocks, plain and simple.
smile.gif

I agree

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
No Doubt's heart is where it's always been - making fun, party music that has heart, and a kick-ass groove.

Well said Hello Angel, well said!!
biggrin.gif

hey baybeh hey baybeh hey

gwen is cute in that clip taking off the rappers

yeah tragic kingdom i dont think is too far off though. iwasnt too impressed with the collaboration thing gwen did but that aint the band.
i guess the same can be said for garbage and their new album.They move thru pop for a change, i dont think its a big deal, just something different. I heard Beautiful garbage advertised as the number one pop album of the year.
Who'd have thunk it?

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
lol. I thought they pretty much sucked from day 1. I hadn't noticed them getting any worse than they already were.
tongue.gif

LOL, sula! My husband looked over at me during No Doubt's set in Vegas and said, "Honey, all this time I thought you were just being a hardass, but they really DO suck!"

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

I've been a No Doubt fan since Tragic Kingdom, but I'm worried about this new direction they are going in. They were sooooo wierd when they were on Saturday Night Live this past Sat. The 2nd song with Tony jumping around, WHAT THE HELL? The Hey Baby song I like up until the reggae guy or guys, not sure, jumps in. I don't have the new album, yet. My aunt is getting me it for Christmas. I'm hoping it is not too bad.

Tragic Kingdom I think was a masterpiece. It was their Joshua Tree. That is a solid album. The only song I don't really like on there is Excuse Me Mr.

Return Of Saturn was good, but some of the slower stuff on it I couldn't get into.

Back
Top Bottom