When will the album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When will the album leak?

• Before February 13th

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • February 13th

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • February 14th

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • February 15th

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • February 16th

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • February 17th

• February 18th

• February 19th

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • After February 19th

Votes: 257 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTA 4 leaked a little less than a week before ship date.

i say it leaks today.

one day, this post will be correct.

That is interesting to note-- Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 came out during the glut of games during the holiday season, so they probably had to get the game ready earlier than Rockstar had to for GTA 4, since Rockstar pretty much released that during a dead time for video games.

If it leaks early, I'll be a dirty slut.

If I manage to to save some pleasure, I'll attempt to listen out of running order and not all in one sitting (from what I have been reading, tracks 1-3, in that order, are going to "slap my ass and call me Sally"). The least I can do is take it all in, in its proper order, on the day of release.

That is a very interesting strategy.

My plan is to find 55 minutes of quiet alone time and play back to front with no pauses--whether it leaks or not. I think that listening to it out of order would actually be the true spoiler.

Before the 13th - the B-side to Boots. No Line version with will.i.am. This should be really interesting. A remix of the title track and first album track out before the album. A U2 "first" in several regards.

People are being pessimistic here! It's certain the album will leak before the release date... Cds will be pressed in the coming weeks so copies will be everywhere. Bomb and ATYCLB Were leaked how many days before the earliest release date?

I remember ATYCLB was released in the days of Napster. The album was all over Napster well before it's scheduled release date. U2.com also had snippets of songs on their website well before the release of the album.

I hope it doesn't leak...I really miss those days when I be outside the music shop waiting for it to open.

But it will leak, my guess is 2/3 days before release.

I remember ATYCLB was released in the days of Napster. The album was all over Napster well before it's scheduled release date. U2.com also had snippets of songs on their website well before the release of the album.

Then came the days of U2 New Media!

I hope it doesn't leak...I really miss those days when I be outside the music shop waiting for it to open.

But it will leak, my guess is 2/3 days before release.

me too :hug: . . . physically standing outside the record shop waiting for it to open, not having heard a skerrick of anything unofficial, heart in mouth, music pumping, money burning a hole in your pocket :up: and then rushing home to listen, hoping no one will be home so you have the house (and more importantly the stereo / cd player) to yourself and hoping, hoping, hoping that you won't be disappointed

happy times :)

That is a very interesting strategy.

My plan is to find 55 minutes of quiet alone time and play back to front with no pauses--whether it leaks or not. I think that listening to it out of order would actually be the true spoiler.

my original plan was to go for an hour drive, but one of my front speakers is blown and i'm too cheap to replace it. so i think i'll wait for some alone time and listen with headphones the first time.

i still think it will be either 2/20 or 2/21. it will leak. i haven't seen an album not leak in 5 years.

I'm inclined to believe you ......within a 7 day period before it's release in Ireland .....as someone else already suggested,U2.com could take the pre-emptive move of streaming some of the songs on their website a week or two before to deter people from trying to get a copy and leak the album

Don't know, but this time I really think, it won't leak earlier. Hope, I'm wrong though. Nevertheless, the 27th will be "listening day", because I'll buy the album asap:D

They were really loose with ATYCLB. I got a proper/formal promo copy off a friend (at the time) at Universal, at least a full month before, maybe earlier. I think Beautiful Day had just hit the radio. I was working for a different record label at the time, and I thought I was hot shit for getting it so early, thought I’d just blast it from my office and see what jealous/you’re so cool attention I’d get, but just generally got “Oh, you got the new U2, I got that last week, pretty good hey?” Put me in my place in the ‘connected’ food chain.

I remember HTDAAB leaking. I think one song came first – was it Miracle Drug? - Then there was a lull for a couple of days, then boom, the whole thing was everywhere. Was it really 3 weeks out? From my memory it was far, far closer.

There’s still sometime before manufacturing/distribution really kicks in. You can get that all done from start to store within 2 weeks now.

They were really loose with ATYCLB. I got a proper/formal promo copy off a friend (at the time) at Universal, at least a full month before, maybe earlier. I think Beautiful Day had just hit the radio. I was working for a different record label at the time, and I thought I was hot shit for getting it so early, thought I’d just blast it from my office and see what jealous/you’re so cool attention I’d get, but just generally got “Oh, you got the new U2, I got that last week, pretty good hey?” Put me in my place in the ‘connected’ food chain.

Yeah, it did seem like it was easy to get access to the album early. I remember hearing a story about the lead singer of Our Lady Peace hanging out with George Stroumboulopoulos or another local DJ and listening to a copy of ATYCLB early. Funny thing was that they both thought it was going to be a bomb. Boy were they wrong :lol:

I hope it doesn't leak at all, if it does I'll try not to listen to it until it's published and I have my copy at home, I think this album is worth a bit of waiting.

I remember HTDAAB leaking. I think one song came first – was it Miracle Drug? - Then there was a lull for a couple of days, then boom, the whole thing was everywhere. Was it really 3 weeks out? From my memory it was far, far closer.

There’s still sometime before manufacturing/distribution really kicks in. You can get that all done from start to store within 2 weeks now.

Atomic Bomb leaked the first Saturday in November...in the US at least. I remember downloading it after I got back from my driving class. I think it was November 6th.

Atomic Bomb leaked the first Saturday in November...in the US at least. I remember downloading it after I got back from my driving class. I think it was November 6th.

it was the second saturday in the US, the 13th.

It was sunday here in Aus, as I was playing cricket

it was the second saturday in the US, the 13th.

It was sunday here in Aus, as I was playing cricket

hmm. are you sure? i was pretty sure it was the first weekend of november. and so were others in a previous thread.

Axver's and Shaun's reactions are worth the time re-reading/living that thread all over again. Will GibsonExplorer be this years Shaun Vox? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom