What's that song they came out to? / Intro Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spolier-warning, here's a list of the Pre-show songs being played over the PA-system that I saw over on u2log.com:

* MGMT – Time to pretend
* Doves – Winter Hill
* M83 – Graveyard Girl
* Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Zero
* Empire of the Sun – Walking on a dream
* Hot Chip – Ready for the floor
* M83 – You, appearing
* Bat for Lashes – Daniel
* Interpol – The Heinrich Maneuver
* TV On the Radio – Family Tree
* The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger
* The Airborne Toxic Event – Sometime around midnight
* Kings of Leon – Slow Night, So Long
* Moderat – Les Grandes Marches
* Muse – Starlight
* The Killers – Spaceman
* La Roux – In For The Kill (Skream remix)
* The Gossip – Standing in the way of control
* Radiohead – Jigsaw Falling Into Place
* LCD Soundsystem – Time To Get Away
* The Pixies – This monkey’s gone to heaven
* Santogold – Lights Out
* David Bowie – Space Oddity
* U2 - Kingdom of Your Love (excerpt)
Source: U2 360 intro tape songs playlist — U2LOG.COM

Strange list. It's certainly not i nthe right order. And Muse??? I never heard that one!

MGMT's is two songs before Bowie, the Fratelli's are the 45 minute mark before the show starts. :hmm:

Preshow songs played over PA

I realize there's a thread for this, but I can tell that the songs they are playing over the PA are different now. Can someone rattle off a list of pre-show songs (5:30Pm on) that were played over the PA?? Specifically, I'm looking for a female-vocal track. Not M83 "skin of the night" tho

bababooey I was coming here to ask that as well. It was playing 2 songs before Snow Patrol took the stage. It was really catchy, but I can't remember the lyrics to look it up :(

Just found what I was looking for in this thread: La Roux – In For The Kill (Skream remix) was it.

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS. That song before Breathe is a U2 song?! When I heard it at the show on Thursday, I thought it sounded awesome and wanted to find out who performed it. It seemed a bit U2-ish to me, but I figured it sounded so different to anything they'd done recently that it couldn't be them. This is what I get for avoiding Interference. :lmao:

Songs of Ascent can't come soon enough...

Did they play La Roux Bulletproof

and Heavy Cross by The Gossip

in Toronto...was the intro music different... I think it was.

That Kingdom song is beautiful!!

Dude, what we've heard online does nothing for the song, its so amazing to hear in person... especially because its the signal the band is coming on stage.

Did they play La Roux Bulletproof

and Heavy Cross by The Gossip

in Toronto...was the intro music different... I think it was.

That Kingdom song is beautiful!!

They did play La Roux's "In for the Kill" and I think "Bulletproof", but I'm not quite sure.

"Heads Will Roll" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs was also a new song added along with the Cold War Kids' "We Used to Vacation".

And yes, a couple of M83 songs were added to the mix this time around.

I really do love that song, and hope the will officially release it at some point. It's a wonderful, dreamlike, passengers-esque piece with percussion very similar to that of Plot 180. The bizarre, sliding string sounds toward the end are awesome as well.

Concert opening

Hi guys!

I am from Oz and i`m wanting to know how U2 enter the stage on this tour, mainly the current leg in the US. I have heard they are opening with Magnificent now.
I mean, when they opened the Vertigo tour here in 06 the song Wake Up was playing on the speakers, the lights went out and then there was a really cool build up to City Of Blinding Lights.
If someone who`s been could let me know that would be cool!

Cheers, Mikie.

Hi guys!

I am from Oz and i`m wanting to know how U2 enter the stage on this tour, mainly the current leg in the US. I have heard they are opening with Magnificent now.
I mean, when they opened the Vertigo tour 360 Tour here in 06 '09 the song Wake Up Kingdom was playing on the speakers, the lights went out and then there was a really cool build up to City Of Blinding Lights Breathe (once Magnificent).
If someone who`s been could let me know that would be cool!

Cheers, Mikie.

Just substitute a few words here and there, pretty much the same concept:lol:

Saw the Charlottesville show last night and dug the music that Muse used as their intro. It was a classical piece. I'm thinking something by Prokofiev. Anyone know what this thing is?

Well, they've made a change, because that definitely wasn't Mozart. This is a a darker piece. Very 20th-century Russian-sounding.

Anybody?

Just found the answer to my own question. Muse's intro music is Prokofiev's "Dance of the Knights" from his ballet of Romeo & Juliet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom