What's that song they came out to? / Intro Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So after all that, what is the song they came out to then?

It's the same as the one on the 360 promo video isn't it?

So what on earth was the intro music?

I won't lie... it sounded like U2. And it sounded good.

"Sing yourself right down the street
Sing yourself right off your feet
Sing yourself away from victory and of defeat
Sing yourself with fife and drum
Sing yourself to overcome
the darkness of one's lost and someone else has won"

Any info?

I have no idea, but, if I had to guess, I'd say it's something from Songs of Ascent. And, if that's the case, I am now incredibly pumped for said album.

Holy crap, a small little snippet of whats to come once the tour is over :) Can't wait for Songs of Ascent.

I knew it was a U2 song.

SOA :drool:

Sing yourself right down the street
Sing yourself right off your feet
Sing yourself away from victory and of defeat
Sing yourself with fife and drum
Sing yourself to overcome
the darkness of one's lost and someone else has won

:up:

2nd best new song after Magnificent....

Seriously, the voices/backing/production sound VERY familiar and no Gavin song is credited. That 8 minute EPK is for media consumption and news pieces meaning u2 would have all permissions set up.

If you listen to the bootleg, you can hear that they played part of Space Oddity before this song. Bono is definitely the main voice, and there are some obvious Bono/Edge/Brian/Danny harmonies, so I'm thinking it came out of the NLOTH/SOA sessions.

It's got to be Gavin Friday's "Kingdom"... on his Twitter page it simply reads...

"KINGDOM... soon!"

Ok I just realized something about the opening song speculated to be Kingdom... didn't Gavin's message on Twitter say "Kingdom... soon"?
Is it my imagination or is the word being repeated over and over in that song the word "soon".
:reject: maybe that's reading too much into it. :hmm:

Ok I just realized something about the opening song speculated to be Kingdom... didn't Gavin's message on Twitter say "Kingdom... soon"?
Is it my imagination or is the word being repeated over and over in that song the word "soon".
:reject: maybe that's reading too much into it. :hmm:

yeah, that's what a couple of us were thinking too. honestly, if this was a new U2 song, i think we'd know already. a band member would have said something.

Ah ok I hadn't seen that exact thing mentioned before... thought maybe Gavin was giving us a hint with the lyric.

i wouldn't be surprised if he was. either way, it's a cool song. i'll download it either way. :)

Back
Top Bottom