What's going to be the deal with ticket sales for us hardcore fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adenoid_hynkel

The Fly
with propaganda gone, will there be any sort of way to get guaranteed seats, or will we have to fight the johnny-come-latelys for whatever ticketmaster offers?

and hope to god that ticket prices don't go through the roof this time. u2 have always been pretty cool about this, but with their new position as rock's last remaining superpower, they could get away with charging $250-plus like the stones and mccartney do. Hopefully, they'll not let us down by doing that.

I don't think U2 will go overboard, like some bands. They have said in the past they really understand their fan base and if that is true, they know we're not RICH and want to see as many of their shows that we can afford and have time for...so we'll keep our fingers crossed that things will be reasonable.

Do you guys think our only chance at getting tickets is to buy
membership at u2.com?

edgeboy said:
Do you guys think our only chance at getting tickets is to buy
membership at u2.com?
:no: God! - I hope not! It's not that the $40 membership fee deters me (yeah, it's a little steep for a "red,gray & black membership card", but worth it IF you get first dibs on tix), it's mostly all the nightmare stories I've been hearing about folks trying to roll from Propaganda to @U2....and the site going up, crashing, back up, down again? It just doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me.

I think I'm going to take my chances on TicketBastard for the first leg here in the Eastern US. Depending on how that goes, I may then cough up the $40 so I can be quarranteed tix for the 3rd leg in the Western US... I want to make at least one little "pilgrimage" on this tour. LA or Phoenix, maybe Vegas? The anticipation is about to kill me, though, I can tell you that!! :huh:

I have such a panic feeling in my gut... and the actual tour dates have not even been released yet.

The Elevation Tour was my first time to see U2 live, and I got all of my tickets through Propaganda. I've really never dealt with Ticketmaster for anything, and I do not have a very reliable internet connection.

I was actually wondering the same thing about the U2.com membership. It's not something I feel I'd use except for the priority tickets... but I don't want to rely on TicketSpazter alone!

I need some comforting words from a fellow U2 freak!!!

Ticketmaster isnt as bad as the rumours. I have had great luck with them the last 3 years getting my tickets online. If you have a decent connection you'll be fine. If you're on dialup, better plan on a camp out or find a friend with broadband. Ticketmasters system is 1000X better that it was even a year ago. That server can take a hammering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom