What would you like to see for a Vertigo DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm a bit split on this. I love the idea of another full show on DVD this Christmas, (even though Boston was abbreviated and Slane had MW under bonus tracks). But at the same time, I'd like to see something along the lines of Pearl Jam's "Touring Band 2000." I seem to remember someone suggesting that the show was being filmed. Can you imagine a pastiche DVD featuring performances of all the songs on the tour? Arranged around the skeleton of the setlist, but with songs that are rotated in and out all present. Part of me really really likes this idea.

Of course, for this to happen, it would have to have a more rugged visual since I don't think they're going to haul around a full video crew to every gig. And at the same time, I like the idea of continuity and completeness.

Maybe a full show with a wide selection of bonus tracks from the songs less frequently played?

toronto has been rumored to be the location for the next dvd shoot.. if so they need to do heavy rotation on all 4 nights, and stick it all together in the package
that would rock :)

bcrt2000 said:
toronto has been rumored to be the location for the next dvd shoot.. if so they need to do heavy rotation on all 4 nights, and stick it all together in the package
that would rock :)

Yes it would!

i would like to see a DVD from one of the big stadium shows in Europe. Twickenham would be the perfect choice, but other options could be San Siro or Nou Camp, maybe even Amsterdam with those 3 dates......

D'oh! said:
i would like to see a DVD from one of the big stadium shows in Europe.

thats cool to get the huge crowd perspective but i think you lose the show... like elevation tour dvds. the boston show... the crowd is in the show and maybe not so much in a lage venue

I'd like to see mainland Europe DVD'ed this time. I'm guessing Amsterdam since they have 3 shows in a row there.
If not, South America.

Watching the Boston show on DVD gives me this claustrophobic feeling for some reason. Slane is quite the opposite:wink:

I wouldnt be surprised to see

U2 OPENING NIGHT: San Diego

as a commercial DVD, it was being filmed after all...

Back
Top Bottom