What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We could hire a really excellent band to cover U2's entire catalog...that would be the next best thing. :hmm:

LemonMelon said:
We could hire a really excellent band to cover U2's entire catalog...that would be the next best thing. :hmm:

yeah, that's what I was thinking :lol: unless we can call the real U2 and get them to re-record their music. Maybe they took away all their music because they were tired of fans hating them :wink:

all pictures of the band members would be erased too and it would not be possible to take any new pictures.

U2Man said:
all pictures of the band members would be erased too and it would not be possible to take any new pictures.

:scream:

ok :wink: definately jump off a bridge then...

:uhoh: but does that mean my U2 ipod will be gone too? And what about my U2 tshirts??

corianderstem said:

Thankfully, all the songs would still be stored in my brain, so I could sing them as often as I want. At top volume.

And what if I want to copy all those songs from your brain to mine? Would that be possible? Or is your brain like an Ipod? Does it delete all the stuff on it when you try to copy it to another set? :wink:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

And what if I want to copy all those songs from your brain to mine? Would that be possible? Or is your brain like an Ipod? Does it delete all the stuff on it when you try to copy it to another set? :wink:

I figure you could pay me to stand by your bed while you sleep, and I can sing them into your ear, really quietly. Then they'll be stored in your brain!

And stop making faces, U2Man. You've never heard me sing. Maybe I'm really fantastically good! :wink:

On a slightly unrelated topic, I never seem to get tired of the album version of Pride. What a fantastic song! I think it may even be in my Top 5 at this moment.

Start a band, pass off all of U2's songs as my originals, and get rich. :D

While I'm at it, I'd change that damned "heavy as a truck" line in Electrical Storm.

I would have wasted a lot of precious months of my life. Unless of course I get to writing all their music before you guys :wink:

Axver said:
I'd be fine. I've so much other music to listen to nowadays that I'd barely notice.

Such a liar! :lol:

And when the next album is out, you'll be amongst the first to download and/or get it. Then you'll be one of the first to have analyzed it in great detail, pointing out errors or "little extras" at specific time points in each song; how you'd alter the track-listing or cover art; how Edge could have added an extra reverb here; or how Adam's used a similar baseline there. Then you'd be at enough concerts to be able to critique numerous shows and how all the set-lists are too similar. :sexywink:

As for me, if the music never existed, then clearly I wouldn't know about it. I might have a fascination with a new group or a bigger fascination with an existing group. In other words, there might be a substitute for U2, just as there was for the years I listened to music before I knew U2 existed (and even after for a while).

I'd also probably be wealthier. Less concerts, less collecting = more $$. But as I wrote, I might have spent that on another artist, so I guess it balances out.

In other words, if they never existed, I think my life would be fine.

Now, if they were to suddenly disappear and none of U2's music was somehow not available (meaning, due to some massive power outage I couldn't play tapes, CD's, vinyl or mp3's for an extended period), then I would feel it to be a great loss. Losing out on 20+ years of some of the finest rock music, with powerful lyrics, vocals and music, would mean a lot to me. I would miss it tremendously. But then, I'd also miss all music and other forms of entertainment (assuming, in my scenario, that in this "power loss", no radio, TV, movies, etc., would work either). At least, though, I'd have memories of the songs and hum them. And my dreams - just this morning I had a dream where I was Bono and at the same time, I was watching him (one of those odd dreams). And he was singing a JT-era song. Good stuff! I'd have that. One can't take away memories... even Alzheimer's allows for old memories to remain. :D

corianderstem said:

I figure you could pay me to stand by your bed while you sleep, and I can sing them into your ear, really quietly. Then they'll be stored in your brain!

And stop making faces, U2Man. You've never heard me sing. Maybe I'm really fantastically good! :wink:

I´m not too sure about that. What if instead of singing U2 songs in my ear, you whisper your evil plans to conquer the world and make me carry them out, huh?

Back
Top Bottom