What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I imagine that the RZers will bottle up towards the main stage. Especially at start. I might just hang in front of RZ rail by the centre ice line. Nice!

Someone posted that opening night has some GA's, and sure enough there were up but only available for the North floor, and this is the first time I've seen the floor split in half. Seems like we might have two lines after all.

VuqXtnh.png
[/IMG]

Someone posted that opening night has some GA's, and sure enough there were up but only available for the North floor, and this is the first time I've seen the floor split in half. Seems like we might have two lines after all.

VuqXtnh.png
[/IMG]

Interesting discussion about GA Lines these days. I think the entire arena floor is Gold, Diamond in Platinum in one. If I would take a spot half way the arena floor on a hockey floor I would never be more than 10 meters away from the big screen and never be more than 25-30 metres away from both stages. As a European we haven't had the opportunity to see the band indoors since Elevation. I can tell you I'm happy to be anywhere on the arena floor in Vancouver this Thursday.....

Has anyone noticed the stage looks like male genitalia?

Sucks that it will be nearly impossible to get front row without RZ, but this arrangement makes far more sense the clusterfuck it was before. I'm much, much happier with this.

This latest layout seems closer to the initinal one posted by ticket sellers

By the way, having seen the teaser on the Tonight Show I can't help picturing Streets opening the encore. Imagine them coming to the circle stage through the red-lit giant screens along the runway casting shadows a la JT tour opening :drool:

This latest layout seems closer to the initinal one posted by ticket sellers

I'd say just the opposite. The original TM and SJ maps had the Red Zone at the head, which is a fairly sensible area for a Red Zone after a long night. Then the rehearsal photos showed the shaft as the Red Zone, a lot of friction resulting in this Red Zone, but still closer to the original head Red Zone. Now the Red Zone is at the balls, and not even where balls meet shaft, normally if the Red Zone is there and shaft and head have no Red Zone we're talking crabs. (And the crabs should be appearing soon)

I'd say just the opposite. The original TM and SJ maps had the Red Zone at the head, which is a fairly sensible area for a Red Zone after a long night. Then the rehearsal photos showed the shaft as the Red Zone, a lot of friction resulting in this Red Zone, but still closer to the original head Red Zone. Now the Red Zone is at the balls, and not even where balls meet shaft, normally if the Red Zone is there and shaft and head have no Red Zone we're talking crabs. (And the crabs should be appearing soon)

:applaud: Well done, sir.

Yeah it seems like the rail spots might not be the best ones on the floor.

I'm thinking middle of the floor and away from the catwalk would probably be the place to be, given the screen and everything.

Well we might have a new first during this tour: fans jostling for spots away from the rail -- go figure.

For what it's worth, I went to Garth Brooks last night and TM had "credit card entry required blah blah" all over this show too... the closest anyone official got to my credit card was when I paid $18 for two Bud Lights.

Well we might have a new first during this tour: fans jostling for spots away from the rail -- go figure.

For what it's worth, I went to Garth Brooks last night and TM had "credit card entry required blah blah" all over this show too... the closest anyone official got to my credit card was when I paid $18 for two Bud Lights.

So you just walked right in without any check?

Looks like there will be two sides to GA.

From AtU2.com:

How will the GA line work?

Live Nation: "The GA line will have a dedicated entry wherever possible. Where paperless ticketing is used, the process will be for the credit card holder of the ticket purchase will bring all patrons within his purchase and enter through a scanning gate. Each person will receive a ticket receipt and proceed directly to the wristbanding tables where they will receive a wristband that will allow them to either the North side or the South Side of the floor. There will be clear signage depicting each side. The quantity of wristbands will match the capacity of each side and will be used for even loading of the floor as well as patron safety. They will be customer service representative present to help with any questions. The is no reentry allowed to the venue once the credit cards are scanned at the entry.

"Where paperless ticketing is not used, the printed tickets will allow for entry in a dedicated GA entrance past the Wrist banding tables and directly to the entries to the floor."

http://youtu.be/7-m_w3Tgse8

I actually thought someone would post the North and South of the River video, but maybe I missed that already?

Southside for me. Draw a line from the "S" in "Side" and another from where the RZ stops and that's where I'll be headed. Course this is 5 months away, I might change my mind the night before when I'm in the seats and get a chance to have a good look.

Back
Top Bottom