What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me get this straight, Interference has gone nuclear over tape? :lol:

Oh and U2 fans who pay for Red Zone and/or have jobs aren't real fans. Awesome.
lfJIQIE.gif

the stage shows that there isn't a single bad spot on the floor at all, and there's likely more railspace than any other U2 concert ever, especially if that red zone is only on the one side... but people are angry.

i love it.

If you're short, like me (& many others), there's plenty of bad spots on the floor (most spots actually). This layout was always going to have very limited numbers of QUALITY rail spots. Those spots with good SIGHTLINES of the main stage. They were limited to 2 x 25 f-o-s rail spots, plus a few at the front area of the catwalk (maybe some behind the b-stage, though no view of the screen). 1 RZ will halve these good spots. If it's 2 RZ's it will pretty much take most the spots with good sightlines.

If you're short, like me (& many others), there's plenty of bad spots on the floor (most spots actually).

I'm short. I'm also legally blind. And I disagree.

At a club gig, where the stage is barely an inch off the ground, practically anywhere behind the front row is a terrible spot for me. At a U2 gig, where the stage is so high that sometimes the front row requires you to crane your neck back at a silly angle, only the tallest person can muck up the experience from within the first few rows.

soooo yea... the band never released the stage layout.

they never gave out information regarding GA policies. they could be going to a lottery system for the first spots for all we know. it's been done... springsteen did it. anyone who wanted to get close could show up early and get a wrist band, and then come back an hour before doors, line up, and draw a random number to see who gets to go in first.

they may divide the floor and allow fans who lined up to go to the side without the red zones first, and then fill in the rest of the stage.

there are a ton of possibilities, but zero certainties... 'cause the band hasn't said shit.

so you're getting yourselves all riled up over assumptions... not facts.

Lastly, I do stand by my point that it is either rewarding the RZ purchasers, or have the same people take up about the same percentage of the rail for just about every show. I know on the Australian leg the same people 'ran' the lines.

what do you mean by this? i'm intrigued

So from the pictures, it appears the screen is long, but also very thin. Will there be other screens for people sitting in the ends of the arena (behind where the nets would be in a hockey setup)?

This stage setup seems to be basically the ZOO TV setup, only on a muchmuchmuchmuchmuch smaller scale.

Ahhhhh, ZOO TV . . . :love:

Sorry to interrupt. Please continue hysterically frothing at the mouth and snarling at each other.

Then you're not seeing the big picture...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Let me get this straight, Interference has gone nuclear over tape? :lol:

It's pretty funny when you think about it, but I'm not surprised.

And I mean that lovingly, of course. :hug:

soooo yea... the band never released the stage layout.

they never gave out information regarding GA policies. they could be going to a lottery system for the first spots for all we know. it's been done... springsteen did it. anyone who wanted to get close could show up early and get a wrist band, and then come back an hour before doors, line up, and draw a random number to see who gets to go in first.

they may divide the floor and allow fans who lined up to go to the side without the red zones first, and then fill in the rest of the stage.

there are a ton of possibilities, but zero certainties... 'cause the band hasn't said shit.

so you're getting yourselves all riled up over assumptions... not facts.

Nail on the head.

what do you mean by this? i'm intrigued

The same 30 or 40 people took control of the GA lives and wrote pass out numbers on people's hands, and stacked it for their friends. They did it at EVERY show on the leg, so no one else really got a chance to get a good spot. I got reported by one of them for running!

If the RZ isn't going to run around the rail on the F-O-S, or around the b-stage, how will people get into the RZ? I'm assuming if this layout is correct then the RZ will have to run around at least half of the b-stage, to allow access.

Guess we'll know soon enough.

GA is such a luck of the draw anyway.
Totally, look what happened at Rose Bowl!

But sometimes even bad luck can turn to gold. For Vancouver, after a night out on the freezing concrete, I was about 20th in line from memory. Sweet! But once we started entering the arena things started turning ugly for me. My ticket wouldn't scan (I'd purchase it in the GA line at the Rose Bowl, think it was genuine, but who knows). I watched people streaming through the other turnstiles, while I went nowhere :sad: Finally, after multiple failed scan attempts, I got impatient & pushed through. After making my way into the dome I was greeted with another line, at the turnstiles to Adam's side of the the inner circle/RZ. This line was going nowhere! Turns out security was expecting to see people with wristbands. But GA hadn't been wristbanded. While this fracas was going on I spied that nobody was over on the turnstiles on Edge's side (as we'd all entered the arena from Adam's side). So I made a b-line for Edge's turnstiles. I was the first to the turnstiles, & the first into the inner circle :hyper:

Thank you crappy (possibly fake) ticket, & thank you bad/good luck :applaud:

There's really not a bad spot in a hockey arena GA pit. Especially with a stage like this. Wherever you land, you are still going to be closer than the chumps who paid $300 for lower bowl. Not like 360, where you could be 70 yards away in a GA pit.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

But sometimes even bad luck can turn to gold. For Vancouver, after a night out on the freezing concrete, I was about 20th in line from memory. Sweet! But once we started entering the arena things started turning ugly for me. My ticket wouldn't scan (I'd purchase it in the GA line at the Rose Bowl, think it was genuine, but who knows). I watched people streaming through the other turnstiles, while I went nowhere :sad: Finally, after multiple failed scan attempts, I got impatient & pushed through. After making my way into the dome I was greeted with another line, at the turnstiles to Adam's side of the the inner circle/RZ. This line was going nowhere! Turns out security was expecting to see people with wristbands. But GA hadn't been wristbanded. While this fracas was going on I spied that nobody was over on the turnstiles on Edge's side (as we'd all entered the arena from Adam's side). So I made a b-line for Edge's turnstiles. I was the first to the turnstiles, & the first into the inner circle :hyper:

Thank you crappy (possibly fake) ticket, & thank you bad/good luck :applaud:

Wow. Crazy story. Sounds like you made your own good luck there, D.

Will you be at any L.A. shows this time 'round? :)

people with jobs?

for fucks sake not everyone can take the day off for a concert

Oh bullshit. People can afford tickets and have 5-6 months advanced notice of when said show will be and it's impossible to get the day or even afternoon off. get real. And for the record I have a job, a good one at that but I also knew 6 months in advance when the day of the show was an managed to get...... wait for it...... the day off. Holy shit eh. Can you imagine that.

Oh bullshit. People can afford tickets and have 5-6 months advanced notice of when said show will be and it's impossible to get the day or even afternoon off. get real. And for the record I have a job, a good one at that but I also knew 6 months in advance when the day of the show was an managed to get...... wait for it...... the day off. Holy shit eh. Can you imagine that.

Erm not everyone can determine what days they can have off? Like me to be fair I work for a college and it is very strict on when we can take holidays

I can plan a holiday, book tickets for flights, accom etc and gave it cancelled a day before if something important enough happens

The one point that I think has a lot of credence is that there's an issue if the floorplans posted when tickets went on sale were misleading. They clearly show the Red Zones as small areas on the catwalk near the E. They don't show it running the length of the catwalk as implied by the taped areas in these photos - which may overstate reality, we don't know yet. If the Red Zones do prove to be larger, more extensive, and in a different location to where the floorplans suggested, then that's not good. Whatever you think of the Red Zones themselves (I've never liked them, charity or not), and whatever your assumptions about the normal Red Zone ticketholder, it's fair to say that floorplans should be accurate since people may have otherwise bought different tickets.

There does still appear to be a reasonable amount of rail space even in the worst-case scenario, including most of the best positions on the I and E, and as said earlier there's no bad spot on a GA floor that small. But the floorplans should have been accurate when tickets went on sale.
THIS. Exactly what I was saying originally before righteous clowns started telling people they should just be grateful and be thankful they even get to go and all that crap. When people start preaching that it's not something to be upset about they are wrong. Maybe some wouldn't be upset by this but the FACT the redzones were shown as redzone sections near the "B" stage on the seating charts and now appear to possibly take up the entire rail along the catwalk is totally misleading to those who paid for GA if this is intact the layout. Like I said if this was shown to me at the time of purchasing my ticket I'd have considered Red Zone tickets or more likely bought lower bowl seats. This is no different than say if you bought tickets in the lower bowl on the left side of the stadium because the seating chart showed the stage facing the left side, only to show up to the show and realize you are now behind the stage. Obviously that's a more extreme case but that's what this is kinda like.

For people to sit there though and tell others to report U2, and just be grateful and who cares cause the money goes to charity and blah blah blah is just nonsense. People need to get off their pedestals and at least try and comprehend why people would have an issue with this. AND like I also said in the very beginning I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think the "outrage" here has more to do with people telling others they shouldn't be upset. People who aren't even going tot he shows telling actual ticket purchasers how they should feel about it. Pure nonsense.

I can plan a holiday, book tickets for flights, accom etc and gave it cancelled a day before if something important enough happens

Holy fuck. That's everybody in life man. If something important enough comes up then yes but very very very few people on this planet have jobs where if they've booked holidays months in advance are going to have it cancelled due to an emergency at work. If that happens then yes that's unfortunate but for most people if they know that far in advance it's no problem getting the day off and the chances of something coming up are pretty slim. Fact is the majority of people who do not spend hours in line for GA simply choose not to. It's not because they can't.

THIS. Exactly what I was saying originally before righteous clowns started telling people they should just be grateful and be thankful they even get to go and all that crap. When people start preaching that it's not something to be upset about they are wrong. Maybe some wouldn't be upset by this but the FACT the rezones were shown as redone sections near the "B" stage on the seating charts and now appear to possibly take up the entire rail along the catwalk is totally misleading to those who paid for GA. Like I said if this was shown to me at the time of purchasing my ticket I'd have considered Red Zone tickets or more likely bought lower bowl seats. This is no different than say if you bought tickets in the lower bowl on the left side of the stadium because the seating chart showed the stage facing the left side, only to show up to the show and realize you are now behind the stage. Obviously that's a more extreme case but that's what this is kinda like.

For people to sit there though and tell others to report U2, and just be grateful and who cares cause the money goes to charity and blah blah blah is just nonsense. People need to get off their pedestals and at least try and comprehend why people would have an issue with this.

You just need to calm down. It is totally valid to say that you should report them if you feel strongly enough. The facts remain that it is only the catwalk, and there are two stages left leaving probably more rail than ever before, less people on the floor than ever before, and the loss of 3 feet from the rail as a result.

I'm not saying that you weren't mislead, and if you're not happy, that's fine. If it was me, I wouldn't be pissing and moaning like that - most reasonable people would think it isn't a life threatening situation.

Holy fuck. That's everybody in life man. If something important enough comes up then yes but very very very few people on this planet have jobs where if they've booked holidays months in advance are going to have it cancelled due to an emergency at work. If that happens then yes that's unfortunate but for most people if they know that far in advance it's no problem getting the day off and the chances of something coming up are pretty slim. Fact is the majority of people who do not spend hours in line for GA simply choose not to. It's not because they can't.

:shrug: it happens regularly where I work. I think it is common for a lot of people. The fact that you think you can determine it shouldn't be an issue for people shows just how ridiculous you are being.

You just need to calm down. It is totally valid to say that you should report them if you feel strongly enough. The facts remain that it is only the catwalk, and there are two stages left leaving probably more rail than ever before, less people on the floor than ever before, and the loss of 3 feet from the rail as a result.

I'm not saying that you weren't mislead, and if you're not happy, that's fine. If it was me, I wouldn't be pissing and moaning like that - most reasonable people would think it isn't a life threatening situation.

Dude piss off. Read my original post on this topic. There was nothing about it that was angry. You're just a jackass who continues to tell others how they should feel about it. Fact is it's not you going to the shows. You're not going to shows so why you're even arguing with those who are going and have purchased GA tickets is beyond me. I simply stated why this would cause issues for some and why some would not be happy about it. You're the one bitching at others telling them how to feel about it and what to do. Seriously get lost.

Dude piss off. read my original post on this topic. There was nothing about it that was angry. You're just a jackass who continues to tell others how they should feel about it. Fact is it's not you. you're not going to shows so why you're even arguing with those who are going is beyond me. I simply stated why this would cause issues for some and why some would not be happy about it. You're the one bitching to others telling them how to feel about it and what to do. Seriously fuck off.

Calm. Down.

I'm just grateful I'm going to see U2, and particularly

a) I'm in a seat on night one (lower level near the B stage, behind where a hockey goal might be), so I get to scope out how to get a decent spot for GA the night after (and no I don't care about being at the front - in front of Edge's main stage spot but a few rows back so I don't get neckache will do nicely for me)

and b) This sound system where the speakers are all pointing down to ensure clear & even sound throughout means no matter where I end up hopefully it'll sound BRILLIANT. Seeing the lads up close would be a bonus but mainly for me it's all about the music, maaaaaan.

We no ZERO information on difference the 2nd half of the show will contain. Plus some cities on the tour have had "odd" number of shows for months.

Agreed, but the comparison I am drawing is that people bought tickets to 2 shows on the understanding they were totally different

Agreed, but the comparison I am drawing is that people bought tickets to 2 shows on the understanding they were totally different

I didn't expect TOTALLY different, but I will admit I went for two nights because I thought I might miss something if I only went to one - which is almost certainly true. It's just that we don't know what, yet. Besides, I'll have two different (ahem) experiences anyhow; in the cheap seats one night and in the pit the next. I'm seeing them twice. That's going to be more than twice as good I reckon

Back
Top Bottom