What will end U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only way I see U2 "ending" would be due to health reasons. Otherwise, U2 will be like the Rolling Stones and keep marching on.
Would be nice but Bono influence is too strong.

phillyfan26 said:
I have a very clear picture in my mind: They go into the studio to make a new album and they just don't come up with anything, and they try a couple more times, nothing works, and they sort of just dissolve away until they officially announce the end.
Compelling but I think the end will come before this happens.

dietcokeofevil said:
Bono will end U2. It has already begun. He is juggling a lot of things that will ultimately win out over the band.
Very compelling.

RedrocksU2 said:
I think the death of one of the members would do it, nothing else.
Way too soon to worry about that.

Axver said:
(Better question: when will Larry Mullen f-off and finally be replaced by a good drummer?)
No words, no words...

The answer is:
Bono gets his knighthood in 2007 which leads to increased head swelling and extracurricular activities. This further strains band relations.
Somewhere in 2008, band releases crap album - the making of which nearly tears the band apart. Band members drift apart to cool off.
Bono wins Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 and his head nearly blows up. Bono decides saving the world is more important. Band is over.
Record label puts out another crap compilation album in 2010 to delay the inevitable.
Announcement of end of band occurs in 2011 causing the apocalypse.
The Second Coming. The New U2.
It all makes sense...

...or not. :wink:

Peterrrrr said:
- When Adam does his own bass tour.

:hyper: Where? Sign me up! :up:

As for how the band might judge if they've made a crap album, I don't think that will become an issue... because if they find themselves in the middle of making an album, and they realise it's crap (or they THINK it's crap - let's face it, even if all four members of U2 think something is crap, some of the fans will still like it), they won't release it. Or I hope they wouldn't - I don't know where contractual obligations to the record label would leave them in a situation like that. Maybe they can get an album-to-album deal instead of one of these monster six-album things... :shrug:

I think the "two crap albums and you're out" is just another Bono line... I really hope they wouldn't put out even one album they considered to be crap. (They can't help it if some fans think things are crap once they've been released.)

Aygo said:
- Bono's increasing activism and social work
- Band's members health
- Lack of ideas or agreement for new albums

Yup, pretty much. Bono will probably be the biggest factor, though... *sigh*

"I think really when it's no longer inspiring and no longer challenging. When it becomes too easy or people stop really giving a f--k about it."

-- Edge, 2002, on when U2 will call it quits

They'll be trying to cover 'Burning Down the House' and Edge will actually catch on fire.. it will just all go downhill from there.

RedrocksU2 said:
I think the death of one of the members would do it, nothing else.

I can't believe that I have been a fan for 20+ years.....:D

I agree..... sadly, only a death will make them stop.... I hope it's in 20-30 years!

I will still be a crazy fan, even if they play Hip Hop in wheelchairs.....:hmm:

kingofsorrow said:
the edge.........the edge...........the edge is on fire................

:lmao: :lmao: I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thinks this everytime Bono says it. It brings back memories from my Chemistry class minus The Edge part.

kingofsorrow said:
the edge.........the edge...........the edge is on fire................

We don't need no water, let the motherfucker burn.

The Avian Epidemic.

fatalcontactbirdfluinamericadvd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom