What songs did Lillywhite think were rubbish on ATYCLB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:

TROLL! TROLL! TROLL!

If you think Lillywhite critiqued the work done with Thomas because he was bitter, you are an ASSHOLE, Jick. A presumptuous, baiting, ASSHOLE.

Perhaps if you took the time to read the recent interview on U2.com, you'd see that Lillywhite has enormous respect for Thomas, and said that you can have the best band, and the best producer and still not come up with the best work.

Lillywhite has been happy to work with U2 for the last 20 years in a reduced quality, mixing songs and giving advice on almost every album since War.

If you want to make jokes, go right ahead. But don't poison the minds of newer fans who may take your idiotic ramblings seriously. There are all straight up people and you have no right to tarnish their credibility with no basis in fact.

Fuck off.

laz

Looks like someone took the bait... :wink:

Sheesh, chill out, man. It's only rock n roll.

Maybe the rest of you think it's funny, but after having to see someone do this year after year, it gets to you. If people criticize the band for screwing up ticket sales, so be it. It's potentially justified. But to practice character assassination on a nice guy, a PRO like Steve Lillywhite really pisses me off.

So laugh it off, fine. I know J gets off on messing around with people. But if there's one new fan who reads that and comes away thinking there's some truth to what he's saying, I feel it isn't right.

The moderators should at least consider warning someone who just takes potshots like that. Apparently it's okay to imply Lillywhite's an asshole with no justification, but you can't say something about a fellow Interference member when there's a basis for it. I don't get that.

laz

the question was which songs are consdiered rubbish by Lillywhite right? Not which songs did he like.

I'd tend to think he liked the good ones and didn't like the bad ones. Sure, I'm being flippant, but I think most people, even on this forum can tell you the best 4 or 5 songs on that album and the worst 3 or 4. Sure bets= he liked BD and hated Grace.

lazarus, a reply like that earlier one to jick is out of line. No personal attacks are allowed here. Please refer to the FAQ or contact a mod if you have any questions.

Bonochick said:
lazarus, a reply like that earlier one to jick is out of line. No personal attacks are allowed here. Please refer to the FAQ or contact a mod if you have any questions.

That's funny. Let's look at the posting rules:

>>Anything that is a personal attack (by personal attack, we also include yawns, rolleyes, etc. that are directly intended to annoy, and are used excessively).

So you don't think J's post about Lillywhite was intended to annoy? If J isn't trolling, however subtlely, what is he doing?

If he IS being serious, perhaps that would fall under this infraction:

>>Anything that is defamatory towards another site, person, or organization.

This is a U2 site. Do the moderators bear any responsibility for defending the members of their organization, especially when they aren't hear to defend themselves?

Please clarify. If I'm in violation of the rules than surley the same can be said for J on one of those two counts.

laz

lazarus, people are allowed to disagree with things U2 have done. jick is allowed to have an opinion regarding the producers. however, you going off and calling him an asshole is not allowed.

if you really have a problem with a poster here (and this applies to everyone here), you'd be much better off reporting their post instead of making inflammatory remarks. that's like someone smacking you and you hit them in response. you'll end up getting grounded while saying "he hit me first!" why stoop to his level?

If a new fan comes to dislike U2 or Steve Lillywhite because of something jick said, then that new fan isn't a) much of a fan or b) very intelligent or c) both.

Wadding up your panties and screaming at someone half way across the globe, who posts things like that just to get a rise out of people is counter productive and makes people like jick just do it more. Put the guy on your ignore list for chrissakes, like the rest of us do. You'll lessen your chances of heart attack.

I would never put J on an ignore list, as I don't believe that someone's voice should be totally silenced. J is an intelligent person who often has insightful things to say. However, during down times or when certain topics come up, he tends to make wild claims, gives the band a backhanded compliment, or just plain trolls to get a rise out of people.

I understand how this can be entertaining at times. A thread on Everything You Know Is Wrong asked people to pick one symbol for the band. J suggested a dollar sign. I can see the humor in that. I just feel that going after Steve Lillywhite, who has done NOTHING in the past to deserve any kind of remark like that, is a bit much, and I overreacted.

I realize that resorting to profanity was not polite and brought me down to the level I was attempting to criticize.

If there's anything to take potshots at, perhaps it should be ATYCLB, which is what this thread is about anyway.

laz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom