What kind of crowd will be in the GA sections now that so many fans are locked out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msbarb

The Fly
I was lucky enough to get my 2 ga tickets for Chicago 5/9. But now I'm wondering... There are so few people that have posted here and on on my u2 email group that were able to get ga tickets, who will be there with me? Do people that pay $500 a piece for ga tickets actually queue up in line at the venues all day? At Elevation you KNEW that the people on the floor were THE fans. I don't have a clue what to expect now.

Rich fans?

Seriously, if they can't make sure that the $50 GA tickets get into the hands of fans, they should just charge $200 for them, pocket the profits and cut out the middleman. More fans would get to see 1 show from GA, nobody would see more than a couple, and the scalpers would be out of business.

Donald Trump, Anna Nicole Smith, Marie Atoinette, George Bush, Karl Rove, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Tucker Smith, Rush Limbaugh, and all the other "free" market capitalists.

and all the loan brokers and real estate agents from whatever area it is.

Last edited:
i think you will be there with ebay junkies and families of ticket brokers...and probably a bunch of Bono's celebrity goupies..

you'll know when the guy next to you asks, "so when are they going to play 'Wanted, Dead or Alive'?"

starsgoblue said:
Maybe I'm being optimistic..but there are fans out there who dont post on boards like this one. I didn't know about Interference last tour...

Most fans don't post on message boards. This place has 28,000 members. It's a very small #compared to the entire fanbase.

When I went to Elevation (had seats) I was surrounding by people that only knew songs from the Joshua Tree. They actually sat down during most of the show - until the drinking caught up to one of them. Totally pathetic. They got so drunk the one guy fell down (when he did get up) and peed himself. He will never forget that night.

Hope to god not to be surrounded by losers like that.

I just wanted to say I think Diemen has a very appropriate avatar when I think of his posts on the pre-sale complaints :D

I think the GA line will be longer and queue earlier. Think about it - what about all those people who didn't know how amazing a U2 concert was until they saw the Boston or Slane DVDs? I consider myself in that group - I wasn't even a fan until I borrowed the DVD from a friend and was floored. Everyone wants GA, everyone knows how sweet GA is, everyone's getting there super-early.

That is one reason I went for Monday May 9, though, rather than Saturday May 7 - less people lined up and/or at later times. But the people who will be lined up: die-hards. Which means mucho fun.

u2valleygirl said:
I don't think the GA line will be as long as Elevation because so many fans did not get the GA tickets.

I know who'll be in the GA lines,,,the brokers, IF no one would pay those outrageous fees!

I say boycott those jerks and their $500 GA prices....:mad:

Mr. BAW said:

I know who'll be in the GA lines,,,the brokers, IF no one would pay those outrageous fees!

I say boycott those jerks and their $500 GA prices....:mad:
I thought you already splurged on eBay... having second thoughts? :wink:

This stuff is what pisses me off.

It sucks some people couldnt get the seats they wanted but I hate that everyone thinks they are the only real fan.

All 20,000 people at a show would probably classify thenself as fan. Just because some people can afford to pay more for GA's to a broker doesnt make you a bigger fan because you cant.

I think there are a percentage that go because its hip... you know, the concert event of the year. So what if someone thinks they are a bigger fan, maybe they are. It doesn't really change anything. If I was going to go to the trouble of getting pissed, I think I'd find a better reason.

and the reason I said loan brokers and real estate agents, because that's what all the men were around us at the last shows.

There will probably be plenty of dr's/lawyers/agents who paying $500 a GA tkt is nothing.

Well, for what it's worth - I got GA today and was thrilled and amazed. I am a die-hard fan of over 20 years and have never had this type of opportunity, not for lack of trying. With all the people upset over not getting what they hoped for, I feel like a little ray of light is over me - FINALLY - after a lifetime of trying.

GA will be fun and full of die-hard fans who know all the words to all the song just like you. The fact that you have to wait to get to the front (or inside the heart/egg) means that mostly really motivated people will be there. I don't think it makes a big difference that many fans didn't get GA tickets. Many have and many more will in the next few weeks.The people who will have paid scalpers will either be really big fans and be in the front signing along and having the time of their life, or they will be in the back of the floor drinking and you won't see them anyways.

You people are insane.

INTERFERENCE IS NOT THE ENTIRE U2 FAN WORLD.

Just because a lot of people here didn't succeed doesn't mean that the GA area will be filled with people who don't care about U2. It will be packed with diehards, considering how quickly this thing sold out. There are more diehards than ever and it's going to be sensational.

I feel people will find a way to get GA tickets or finagle other ways down to the floor. It happens.

I think the line will be way longer. Look how much longer or at least how much earlier the lines formed by their return visit to the US on the last tour? First leg, I would get in line at say 6 am.. and would be in the top 25... 2nd leg...I got there earlier to be in the same spot.

I must say...I am not looking forward to the line breakers and all the politics of that again. Can't I just have my spot in front of Adam again? I w hehas a happy camper there!

fmattyh said:
That is one reason I went for Monday May 9, though, rather than Saturday May 7 - less people lined up and/or at later times. But the people who will be lined up: die-hards. Which means mucho fun.

Hey--I'm definitely going to be in that line. Let's form a bathroom/food alliance. :D

Face it. Ebay has turned everyone into brokers. Everyone and their mother could try for tickets for any U2 show knowing they would sell on Ebay.

The floor will be filled with fans, much poorer fans, but fans none the less.

nbcrusader said:
Face it. Ebay has turned everyone into brokers. Everyone and their mother could try for tickets for any U2 show knowing they would sell on Ebay.

The floor will be filled with fans, much poorer fans, but fans none the less.

I saw an article in The Sunday Times that was interesting...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2091-1463123,00.html

Looks like u2.com is working on getting the scalpers off eBay.

Nice publicity move by U2.com

Many of the Ebay auctions before the public sale were for tickets that the sellers did not have and planned to obtain later.

nbcrusader said:
Nice publicity move by U2.com

Many of the Ebay auctions before the public sale were for tickets that the sellers did not have and planned to obtain later.

Too bad it's not like the stock market, where traders who short-sell stock eventually have to deliver, even if it means they have to pay through the roof for stock they don't already own.

u2grace said:
Well, for what it's worth - I got GA today and was thrilled and amazed. I am a die-hard fan of over 20 years and have never had this type of opportunity, not for lack of trying. With all the people upset over not getting what they hoped for, I feel like a little ray of light is over me - FINALLY - after a lifetime of trying.

too cool!!:heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom