What is the weeeirdest thing you've done for U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluephisto

War Child
In the mud, in the maze of my imagination.
Has there ever been a point where you found yourself doing something and thought... maybe I need a twelve step program for all this, an intervention, or medication of some kind?

For example...

I applied at a Salon even though I have NO salon experience just because it was Named...:mac: :mac: :mac: Mackie's:mac: :mac: :mac:

I did it as a joke, just to make myself laugh! Anyway, I FELL DOWN when I handed my resume in (like not little stumbling either .. ON MY FACE), made a complete ass of myself and then laughed all the way home because I am an uber-freak.

But..

I GOT THE JOB! O_O

me: *answering phone* Hello, Mackie's! *giggle* Hmm? No, but we do have lovely gold suits and a spa package called "look what you've done to me"... hello? hello? *sigh* *Sings* show me the way to go home...

boss: What are you doing?

Me: *macphisto voice* DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Boss: I know what you are... unemployed...

Me: *sigh* I'm just a washed up old Salon coordinator.

ANYWAY... I also got a kitten yesterday and it's FAST and HYPER and all pitch black so I named this sweet little bundle of joy...

THE FLY.

Ohhh yeah.

I work at Mackie's because I'm a MacPhisto girl and I have a cat named The Fly. Not even Dr. Phil can help me now.

:coocoo: :lol:

Ive never done anything weird for U2

*thinks*

I went to the Clarence

*thinks real hard*

I stole a pencil

thats all....im quite boring :)

Thank you :D

Lara Mullen said:
:coocoo: :lol:

Ive never done anything weird for U2

*thinks*

I went to the Clarence

*thinks real hard*

I stole a pencil

thats all....im quite boring :)

Thank you :D

*gasp*You stole.. A PENCIL!?:shocked:

Hehehehe. When I was four I stole a pen from the Post Office and I thought the cops were gonna get me:laugh:

Hmm..

Uh..

Um..

Uh..

I'll get back to you:D

OK, So, I'm not sure if you'd call it weird, but....

I got meself me very own U2 license plate.

To some people, it's a bit on the fanatic side, but to me, any personalized license plate is going a bit off the deep end, regardless of who you're professing your love or whatever to. :D

Ummm... oh yeah. I also bought a drumkit. Now, before people think that's waaaay off the deep end, I've always wanted to play the drums, ever since I pretended I was Carl Wilson listening to my mom's Beach Boys records.

Oh, and I design my very own U2 t-shirts... usually with Larry gracing the front of them.

So, yeah. I suppose that's about as odd as I get.

Moonie :D

bluephisto said:
Me: *macphisto voice* DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

First of all.. :lol: bluey! And I'm going to answer the phone like this from now on ;)

Second of all...I've done some strange things because of my love of U2...

• I took my pocket Adam with my to my exams second semester last year. He sat on my desk while I wrote my hand off on my English exams...something must have worked though, cause I did really well ;)
  • I've completely ruined a bag and spilled all the stuff it contained all over the lobby of my dorm cause I was so excited about U2.
  • I've actually stayed up all night watching U2 videos I've gotten in the mail when I knew I had classes all day the next day...
  • Like Daisy, I joined Interference ;)
  • I stayed up all night on Grammy night and organized the chat that started everything ;) Boy, that was probably the craziest thing I've ever done ;)
  • I actually spent an entire day playing six degrees of separation from U2 with everything that happened to me...and it worked! I found out that everything in my life can be related to U2 in some way!
  • I'm learning to play guitar just so I can accompany myself on my favorite U2 songs...
  • I'm quitting now before I reveal the extent of my *ahem* love for U2 ;)

Last edited:
Re: Re: What is the weeeirdest thing you've done for U2?

hippyactress said:

• I actually spent an entire day playing six degrees of separation from U2 with everything that happened to me...and it worked! I found out that everything in my life can be related to U2 in some way!

I am within 3 degrees of U2

I met Paul Newman once

Paul Newman had his picture taken with Ali

Ali is married to Bono

YAY for me!!!!!!

Usually, my crazy U2 stuff was involved in school projects...

One time, in my high school English class, we had to memorize a poem or a song and recite it for the class. I recited the entire JT album (and got TONS of extra credit!). :D

Another time, in a different high school English class, we had to perform a pantomime for the class. I dressed up as The Fly and performed a silent "Mysterious Ways", Zoo TV Sydney style, interactin' with an invisible belly dancer and everything. I really got into it and was jumpin' up on desks and stuff. :D

Last edited:
Ok... um... would this count...

I forced my dad into dressing up as Bono for the hell of it, hey got him second place at one of his friend's coustume party! :evil:

ummm lets see....I haven't done anything too crazy YET.
-made my very own U2 shirt
-I keep using ILuvLarryMullen as my screen name for things
-I have a joshua tree poster hanging in my living room
-all the time I spend on interference and other U2 websites
-I have about 850 pictures of U2 (260 of Larry alone) :eek: :reject:
-All of my family and friends think I'm :coocoo: (except Chelsea aka Mini Fly, she's just as crazy as me)
-I talk about U2 a lot, I mean A LOT!

I promise you that once the next tour comes around many, much crazier things will be added to this list.

Laying on a dirty sidewalk for 15 hours like a homeless person. ;)

Thanks for adopting the kitten "the Fly!" He sounds so cute and full of life, I wish you many happy years together! :)

I don't even wanna GO there...lol. I did once yell at a girl during civics class because she read the lyrics to "Pride" wrong...and let me tell you I YELLED...haha and stood on my chair and said, "BONO WOULD BE ASHAMED OF ALL OF YOU" The my teacher calmly said, "Dana, would you like to sing it" So of course I did...off key and totally un Bono like, but I sang it the way Bono would have wanted it. And I risked all my dignity and went to a U2 concert with a teacher.

*recalls an embarrassing U2 moment...*

Fall of 2000 was my first semester of university. I didn't have cable TV in my room (just some rabbit ears to get a few fuzzy stations in), and there were no decent radio stations in town, so I was out of the U2 loop (until I found Interference!). I had never even heard BD until the album came out! :huh: Anyway, I was sitting in the crowded dining hall with a bunch of friends. The dining hall has TV's that play music videos, but it's always so loud that you can never hear the music...you can just watch. Well, I looked up at a TV, and I though, wow, that guy looks like Bono! I watched a little more, and then it hit me when I was taking a sip of pop. I spit my pop out, stood up (knockin' my chair back) and screamed, "HOLY SHIT!!!! IT'S THE NEW U2 VIDEO!!!!!!"

Yeah....EVERYBODY turned and stared....I felt like such a dork!!!!! *lol* :eek:

OMD you ladies crack me up
*deep breath* I have...
  • attended teh PLEBA convention
  • Flown to FL to hang with my twin and talk about U2
  • My floor (see walkin' on U2 thread)
  • I now have a mini-cba, cbe, cbl, and a mini-mini-hazmat sellafield U2
  • bought The Pants
  • HALLE! HALLELUJAH!
  • well they laid jesus christ in his grave!
  • I have four spoons in my spoon collection, three of them stolen
  • I have two little orange kittens named Adam and Sebastian
  • I have another kitten named Sparky
  • and five fish named Bono, Adam, Larry, Edge, and Adam's Willy
  • I have a bono shirt
  • Okay, I'm done now

let's see...
  • I went to PLEBA convention
  • my U2 bootleg addiction
  • mini-CB everyone and then some
  • speaking of CB's....I brought the mini-CB mackie Lies made me to my Macbeth death test (it says "we all know who the REAL mackie is..." :D) and got many strange looks from my lit teacher (who went to at least one Elevation concert)
  • the pile of books, newspaper clippings and tapes under my desk that keeps falling over
  • the shirts I've made
  • there is a bono magnet on our fridge (my mom took the other ones down and tried to hide them from me :lol:)
  • the Poptart blanket which I shall post pictures of when I finish the roll of film

Uhh lots of stuff! Stayed for hours on a sidewalk, gone thousands of miles to see them. I have tons of U2 shirt..maybe enough to wear a different one every day of the month. :coocoo: I did every single one of my speechs in speech class about U2. I have Bono cut out of magazines and on my fridge. Like a little kids good grades..lol. I have no wall left..wall papered with u2 posters. I want a U2 liscence plate..but I dont have a car. so when i get one..I WILL have the plate. No doubt about that.

I hath remembered something else:
Lies (LivLuvAndBootlegMusic), Laura (Stories For Boys), and I made our gymnastics coach cancel practice so we wouldn't miss the Grammys. :D
Us: either you cancel it, or this half of the team's not coming *realize if she doesn't cancel it and we don't show we're screwed* pweeeeeese?
Her: :rolleyes: fiiiiine
*the day after the Grammys*
Her: Did you all cry when they didn't win best album?
Me: Ha. Ha ha. You're the funniest person I've ever met. You are so amusing I'm going to name my firstborn child after you. Can I have your autograph?
(amazingly, that didn't get me situps :D)

I joost was looking over my list and noticed that this little tidbit had somehow disappeared from the line up...

• I once went to a concert with my roomie just because the band was produced by Steve Lillywhite. I went to the concert hoping that he would be there and I could talk to him about U2. Didn't happen. :(

:reject:

sarcasm abounds at gymnastics practice

hippyactress said:

*insert shifty eyes smilie* whaaat? :D

Hey, if you ask me she had it coming...on the day of our All-City meet she gave everyone good luck cards - mine said:
"Thought for the Day: Every morning, all the stupid people you know get together and plan ways to make your life more difficult. Just thought you'd like to know."
:p

daisybean said:
The fact that Lara stole a pencil from the clarence makes me happy...my reaction...Oooooo I want to see it

:coocoo:

I think the craziest thing I did for U2 was join interference

;)

its jsut yer run of the mill pencil...its a normal pencil colour like yellow but not really...hmm a tan colour ANYWAY the great bit IS it says The Clarence in gold at the top but i lost it in english class this year cus i doodled on the desk and one day i didnt realise i had written my name on the desk but all these jnr school kids had written hey laura back to me and said my flowers were pretty and stuff hahahaha

i was like :eek: and started rubbing out all my stuff then lost the pencil somehow

i didnt get back to the clarence last week but i really wanted another pencil....

Hahahah i remembered the day i stole it

i stuck it up my jumper sleeve and scarpered and the door men called me madam and i cudnt stop giggling

<--- loves when guys call her "madam"

Craziest things would be...

Going to a U2 concert alone (not so crazy when I met new people and ended up sooo close to the stage)

and

getting a U2 tatoo (Kite).

[COLOR=royal blue]Fishy and I went out at like 2 am to where Joshua Tree Drive intersects Blue Sky just so we could take pictures......

We also went into 7-11 with me in camo hat and Bono jacket, and her in Edge hat.....we looked like HOODLUMS.

We also made MacPhisto shoes.

And I just can't stop dressing like Bono...[/COLOR]

I've done MANY weird things for U2, so I'll just post a few of them:

- At a recent (non-U2 :( )concert I went to, they were selling orange horns that lit up in the dark. I bought a pair and drove my friends crazy by talking in the MacPhisto accent all night.

- Much of my wardrobe consists of numbered shirts - my most prized one looks almost identical to one of Edge's!

- I have covered an entire wall in my bedroom with U2 pictures I've printed off of the internet. And I mean the ENTIRE wall - there isn't a white spot to be seen!

- I stayed up all night for the last Grammy awards and celebrated afterwards by playing every U2 album I own.

- I tried to name our cat Bono (the rest of the family didn't want to though). I still call him Bono though, much to the annoyance of my parents :laugh:

- I only play U2 songs whenever I play my guitar.

- I have mastered Edge's foot stomp. I've also (nearly) mastered the snake dance.

- I once spent three whole hours of saying phrases such as "dream out loud", "the lyrics aren't worth sh*t if yeh ask me, I think it's all about drums", "fly the friendly skies", "shall I give him a telephone call?" etc.

- During maths class I wrote "Bono is sexy" all over my desk and got detention for it :madspit:

- Ever since I heard a live version of Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me from Popmart (where Bono does some very interesting coughing), I've coughed like he does.

- I have 10 pairs of tinted sunglasses. I bought them simply for the fact that they look like Bono's :bono:

And the list goes on for quite a while, lol

The Bonomobile said:

- During maths class I wrote "Bono is sexy" all over my desk and got detention for it :madspit:

:laugh: :laugh:

[COLOR=royal blue]I once said "YEAH Bono" during mass at school.....WELL THE PRIEST WAS TALKING ABOOT "STUCK!!" Freal!

I would always get in these joke fights with my friends at lunch...... this is a bit of a digression but one day I was displaying my copy of Time with Bono on it that my Religion teacher had given me bc her roommate gets Time and she saw it and thought of me and now I have 3 copies....but the POINT IS I'm like

MONA: *strokes Time*
KRISTIN: WHAT is that.
MONA: THAT happens to be Bono.
KATIE: .......you know he's like......older than dirt.
MONA: Shutup....
KRISTIN: He looks like a cow there.
MONA: O_O;

and then Monique was on edge er.....edgy....er..tense bc of report cards and I SAID the phrase 'report cards' but she had apparently outlawed it when I was off buying ice cream.

MONIQUE: WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO MILK BONO OR SOMETHING. :eek:

It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY....it was all downhill to the gutter then. But um..... yeah.

Also every project we'd have I'd try to incorporate Bono or U2 in it....

LIKE THIS ONE TIME

IN PUBLIC SPEAKING

This sophomore Kate did her informative speech on U2 but I have no clue WHY bc she didn't even know Larry from Adam.....it was so messed up.

Anyway the teacher was asking questions about them and Kate had brought in ZooTV and so MacPhisto's prancing around and I literally drew a timeline of U2's history and totally took over her speech. :silent: She hated me so.....
[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom