What I have learned today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This thread really is inspired from somewhere else, but I will used it for my own purposes, as always.

They say you learn something new everyday, but sometime I don't feel like I do. I'm going to use this as a sort of journal, daily journal, to capture things. And I can look back......

Anyone who learns something can do the same, really, in whatever form they like. Or they can have their own thread, perhaps. I don't know, just sloshing ideas around in my head. Feel free to join in - we can all learn something, somehow......

Last weekend in NYC -

I need to remember this, so it is most fitting to have it first.....
I learned of part of my personality. The power I felt in NYC, the way I am developing it now.....

Most of all, it is how I make decisions. That is part of it.... and having a preset vision, somehow that all relates to confidence for me. Which is slightly ironic, since in NYC I had no idea where I was going, I was always following others who knew the way. But still, I felt something there. In that instance, those two days, it allowed me to "put a finger on it", to recognize what it was.......

I need to remeber that, whatever it was I acknowledged then....

Today, 8.18.2005

Todays notes:

Breaking long term things down into short term goals is a lot easier on your mind. But I have still waited for so long.... I can't really relax, because I know everything is irrelevant until I get to college - relationships, how I spend my time, what I do... there is a general sense of "Yes, that's what I'm doing while I wait"

Today I got ready to move, a little more so.
I will be spending time with my stepmother until college comes, which will be good. It will be easier for the rest of the family, and I will learn how to cook and do stuff there, so I'm looking forward to it.

A lesson leanred - surround yourself with good food.
I was totally hungry all day today, and there's nothing really here.

I can't stand junk food...
When I go to college....... I'm going to need a good woman to cook for me :wink: Just kidding. But I will look for a wife who can cook - I'm always looking for those domestic intangibles, you know... :yes:

But I will be learning how to cook, too, so don't worry about that.

Your quote is how I live, For Honor....."Breaking long term things down into short term goals is a lot easier on your mind."

Wizards have what is termed hypersensitivity which means a strong feeling about something that is happening or going to happen in the world. So at the drop of a hat my emotion can change from happiness to anger, etc. I am bound at that point to follow that emotion....whether it be a wave of good or a wave of evil...most of the time it is an intense feeling of something wrong so as often as I can I try to write down immediately what I feel. Perhaps it has something to do with the ability to foresee......it can be called a form of remote viewing .....or I'll just pick up words that somehow make sense to something the future holds. I can't change it....in fact, I try to develop it by learning from each experience which comes along.

So...For Honor....what are your subjects in college going to be? If they have a course in Wizardry 101 can you take it and report back to me....I'm always welcome to new ideas, although us wizards do have our own mentor....who guide us. I believe one can never be good enough....each day you learn something and use that learning experience to better yourself and the world.

Enough of my rambling.....I have to leave now and check on the sleeping dragon....they sleep with one eye open...awaiting their next move.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, For Honor, it helped me a great deal already today.

carol
wizard2c

By all means, I'm glad you've enjoyed my thoughts.

=========

For me to remember - The Fixx

Red Skies (@ night)
Saved by Zero

(and I don't know who - I should go through those old cassett tapes again and find it. The 'Harvest Moon' song, the one that always reminds me of playing that. I think it was "Stand or Fall"... but there was still another, wasn't there???)

-
================

(I'm coming across old music, and I want to try to remember these older songs, most from the 80s. It's difficult to remember them when you don't know the name of the song or band.)

-----------

Back with Todays Notes in a few.....

I know it is already Friday morning.......... but there are good notes to be logged........

Today's theme - assertiveness, firmness, and accountibility are good things for me.

My father knows I love him, but I've got to start being more this way. It is no double standard, I am only acting in the same manner I would like him too - be patient concerned, caring, understanding, but most of all, being accountible for myself and my actions, and being firm with others in that regard.

I'm beginning to put my foot down more, and I believe it is a growing trend for me.

I would almost say that my tolerance is getting lower and lower..... but this is a good thing, believe you me. It will be almost two years of the same stories, and I'm not going to put myself through the bullshit anymore than I neccessary. I respect my father, and those he chooses to associate with, but I hold no double standards, and expect that respect reciprocated. Unfortunately, it has come to the point where I have to really look out for myself now...... though it has been that way for a while, I am......... being much more upfront about it.

I'm becoming the dominant person in my life, and it is important for me to learn how to do this, because I am becoming an adult.

The troubling thing is..... my father has always taught me to be careful who I associate with, and to have standards about things. He has really taught me many things, and set good examples. But........ as much as he has my love..... his own actions are causing me to distance myself more and more from him.

I keep getting stonger and stronger, and harder and harder about things, especially dealing with people....

I remember all my days, years of fear and following unquestioningly to others, or just muting myself (more so at school, etc), supressing my personalities. But now.... I see I'm growing harder and harder

And like any substance.......

If something is harder than something else, the harder one perseveres, whilst the other breaks and crumbles and bends. I used to change all the time to fit the world. But now....... I'm learning to be hard enough to make the world fit around me.

I will always be humble. and respect whatever 'power' I have in any situation. But.......... at last........

I feel "my" journey beginning.
Another key component to "me" has been acknowledged.
And my

Character building

continues.......

I am proud of myself today :)

What I have learnt today, which I have forgotten…is that sometimes you are drawn to people. This is not remarkable in itself, just that this reminds me of crushes, and that feeling of joy that you get when you have a crush. I have forgotten that, and perhaps for too long how we fell when we have someone to think of… I don’t mean a “love” but someone, in my case a guy, who you think of and he cheers you up. I don’t even know him, but now I have met him I see him everywhere, and I love it… I get butterflies, that’s always a good sign… my point is that despite the fact that everyday you feel. Sometimes we forget to actually feel…

Afternoon addition (There will likely be a PM edition)

Again, about being assertive.
I have to learn not to take a back seat so much. Even in a simple thing earlier today..... Stop looking around, waiting to read others for an opinion. Make my own choice. :|

For Honor......Harvest Moon.....now there's a song with a certain ring to it.

It sounds like you are finding yourself more with each passing day...

carol
wizard2c
:|

Yes, I am, which is good. Who knows what is in store for me....

Harvest Moon - the Neil Young song? Yes, I am familiar with that. I was actually mainly refering to a video game of the same title.... But that's another story. And something tells me a quite farmer's life is not in my destiny, even if I can appreciate it.

================================

Jessi-ma-ca.....

I know what you mean... as detached as I make myself at times, it is importatnt to smell the roses and enjoy those things in life. Sometimes we do forget to feel......

In my not so recent past, the problem I was feeling too much, I wrote a lot more then, because I was less busy, too... but.... now I am getting harder, colder.... but I don't want to become too mechanical. I will remember to feel, and not just...... think.........

PM edition

Yeah, I'm ready for bed.... so, this will be my last post on intereference. I learned Zhang Ziyi is in one of my favorite movies, HERO (notice the quite in reference to my "in progress" signature image - the HERO quote- that I m entioned in "FH's Thread"??? See, see! See all the connections??)

ANyhow.......... yes, HERO - gotta buy it.....

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm going to be moving in for a few months with THE Inauspicious Fire Horse. It should be pretty cool, fun, and a learning experience - I'll learn how to cook, and mmm, she is a good cook :)

As far as things to remember for today.......
Try to be less critical of others when around Sue.... It really gets to her, even when I'm just argueing with people or whatever...... As Major Payne would say - - - "I will be Sensitive to your needs". So yeah....

Boy, I really am fitting into my prescribed Rabbit persona - critical, socially motivated, structured..... eh...... more about that some other time. I'm tired........

I'm going to do one more post though, I just remembered an older thread of mine.................................

Alright... Today?

I have learned that I like to do things on a consistent basis. This "what have I learned today" thread is something I like a lot, because it makes me think about things, and it is nice for me to have something I can look forward to every day. I believe that is a Taurus trait. So yes, I like posting consistently.

Also, I have learned that I like to keep my room clean, and that organizing things not only makes them visually more appealing, but also, much easier and swifter to get in and clean...

Nothing major today, though. I got HERO - and I think I will enjoy this movie a great deal, as I have seen it before and remember it much....

Lastly....... I realize I enjoy it when I do things that make others happy, especially women. I guess I realize that I like women a lot. And in thie realization... it is also a sexual thing, in that, I don't think about women as sex objects. I know that is an odd statement, but I can't explain it well enough. It's like...... understanding, and admitting to myself, accepting, that I really enjoy making good relationships, even as friends.

It's kind of like that Sienfeld episode where George feels so much different because he's not thinking about sex all the time. I suppose, honestly, I'm still as sensual/sexual as I ever was, but now, something's different, and I don't know what, exactly. But it feels very good, very "right", very "I'm making good progress".

Whatever it is, I learned today that I feel very much that I am headed in the right direction with my life, because of my improvements on many fronts.

HEY I FORGOT!!!!!!!!

Man, I need to get the cable for the digital camera. Obviously, I'm an egomaniacal narcissist and want to see my own face up here on the internet.... but the stupid cable for the digital camera was not in the package!!!

The trouble is, it isn't my camera, and always seem to forget about it. Ah! I've been saying this for months, too. How foolish

alright, here is a reminder for myself.....

DIGITAL CAMERA

(oh yes, and on a minor note, I have learned that I can't put as much butter on toast as I used to. It's far too sweet for me now. Either the butter has changed, or I have. And I'm banking on the change coming from me :yes: )

*sigh*

I don't think I learned anything at all. Today was a bit of a waste, but at least enjoyable, to some extent. All I know is---- college will be a lot of fun.......

And I like the way I'm thinking, I like my mindset about things...

- not a whole lot.
The next period in my life will be a great learning experience.
I guess that was just reinforced today

Wizards constantly learn, For Honor..........each day brings with it an opportunity to create tomorrow.

Have to rush off................storm approaching...........wizards and storms....they somehow understand each other.

carol
wizard2c

Thanks again, Zero Dude!

it's been a while

Today.....

I learned that I should have wrote something here yesterday.
And that I have many things I can do....

And that when steak is cold, don't reheat it
Eat it cold - it tastes better.

.........Everything continues to unfold as planned.......

For Honor said:
For me to remember - The Fixx

Red Skies (@ night)
Saved by Zero

(and I don't know who - I should go through those old cassett tapes again and find it. The 'Harvest Moon' song, the one that always reminds me of playing that. I think it was "Stand or Fall"... but there was still another, wasn't there???)

Wow, the Fixx did all of those......

saved by Zero
Stand or Fall
Red Skies at night

damn.....

Today's remeberance/lesson

COMPETENCE, COMPETENCE, COMPETENCE, COMPETENCE.

I cannot forget.
Independence, personal strength
Do not "need" anyone

I am too dependant on others......
I can't stand it, either.....

Hmm........ that will be my next thing......

Stop being a child.

G0402.jpg

http://www.eastmeetswestco.com/fineart/G0402.jpg

Today..........

Going to bed early + waking up early is actually really fun

Cats are really ...... slow when in a new environment, or at least mine is

If you are born in 1991, and a Cancer, contact me..... I might have a proposition..........

Some people do need to be protected...... some people will always try to take advantage of those people..... And some people will always be asses, who try to do things behind your back, when you're not around

I CAN COOK HAMBURGERS :)

Little House on the Prarie - and oldschool show, with good values..... I just hope I can earn some points by watching them, or at least understanding them :/

Zero Dude....are you okay?

I feel like I keep repeating myself.........storm approaching.

carol
wizard2c

For Honor.....on being alone......

Chorus:
"Call it an angel
Call it a muse
And call it karma that you've got comin' to you
What's the difference
What's in a name
What matters most is never losin' faith
Cause it's gonna be alright
You're not alone tonight

We all have our days
When nothing goes as planned
Not a soul in the world
Seems to understand
And for someone to talk to
You'd give anything
Well go on and cry out loud
Cause someone's listenin'

You're Not Alone Tonight
Keith Urban"

----------------

You don't know how alone I feel sometimes.........like I've been dropped thru a timeline I should not be in.

carol
wizard2c

----------

Must prepare for the dragon.....always lurking...............

It's all in your head

I do not say that contracendingly, that is today's lesson.

Everything is an......... interpretation.......

No.......wizards are on a different wavelength and timeline...........oh I go through the motions of it all......but really belonging........as say on a quest for the Golden Ring...a fellowship.......it's just not here.........................

carol
wizard2c

Whoa, there -- reel it back in, just a little bit. Your ardor and enthusiasm of late are fantastic, but temper them with some honest reflection. Your subconscious has something to say about what's going on, too.

====

wwwwww what? me? THE Ardent Cat???
' 'Tis beyond my reach', to turn down my "ardacity", lol.

=============

Um, I'm feeling really good about myself lately.

My family is a little in a down slump, or has been for a year or two, actually..................... but anyway, I'm doing really well.

=============

Keep up with my personal philosophy
maybe I should write it all out or something
but part of it is the change, constant change and learning and improving

I woud have to keep revising it
like I always did with my bio a while ago

aha, a 'mastermind' trait..... constant revision, seeking improvement, I like things planned out, but thoes plans are always subject to change

ah, the essence of

who I am :)

always makes me smile

Essence of myself........I like being a wizard.

You see the difference here:
with Mankind it's a game
with Wizards and Dragons it's life and death.

I have to remember to stay within the confines of my own world....and to learn and improve my powers.

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom