What HTDAAB songs should be kept or dropped this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What HTDAAB songs should be kept or dropped on the 360 Tour?

• Total voters

Axver

Vocal parasite
Have another poll. Vote for which HTDAAB songs you would like to be kept in or dropped from the setlist on the 360 Tour, or in a couple of cases, debuted. Don't feel compelled to vote for all songs; if you really have no strong opinion either way, don't vote for a song. I realise some songs, such as Miracle Drug, were already dropped during the later stages of Vertigo, while Crumbs wasn't played much at all, but I'm choosing to use 'keep' in the sense of "it was played at some point on Vertigo and should be kept somewhere in the set on 360". 'Drop' can simply be interpreted as "stay dropped" in these cases.

My own feelings:

Vertigo: don't care either way. I've always accepted that it would be played on 360, even though it'd never appear in any ideal setlist of mine. So no vote.
Miracle Drug: DROP. One of the rare U2 songs that's worse live. If they can make it better than the studio version (and if Bono would kindly stop trying to sing over Edge's verse!), I'd be happy for it to stay.
SYCMIOYO: DROP a thousand times over. Staggeringly boring. It didn't hold my interest at concerts I attended and I fell asleep during it on U2 3D.
LAPOE: KEEP. Fun rocker. There are plenty of better songs, of course, but it's a worthy song for HTDAAB representation.
COBL: KEEP. See LAPOE, except for the "fun rocker" part of course.
ABOY: DROP. Sub-par rocker. I'd even prefer Elevation over this.
AMAAW: DEBUT. It'd be pretty fun as a stripped down song.
Crumbs: KEEP. One of the better HTDAAB songs. If they can play it right, it wouldn't be a bad song to rotate into the setlist sometimes. I wouldn't want it to be a staple or anything, but a few performances wouldn't go astray in my books. Obviously, this is a fairly outlandish hope and its seven Vertigo performances will probably remain its seven only performances.
One Step Closer: No vote. I want it to debut, it's my favourite HTDAAB song, but a huge stadium production like this is not the place for it. Hold onto it for later.
OOTS: DROP. For the love of god! Never play this song again.
Yahweh: DROP. For the love of yahweh! Never play this song again.
Fast Cars: KEEP. The new Party Girl, and more interesting to boot.

Good threads, Ax :up:

Vertigo: Keep. I accept that it'll be kept in the setlist, and I don't mind. It's fun and it gets the crowd going.
Miracle Drug: Drop. But only because the live version was suck.
SYCMIOYO: Keep, but not to be played every night. I love this song and I get kind of sentimental in it.
LAPOE: Drop. It was fun, but there are much better songs it could be replaced with.
COBL: KEEP. 2nd best song on the album; would be an excellent song to start encores with.
ABOY: Keep, again in rotation. It's a fun rocker.
AMAAW: I would love to hear this track live, so much. Please do.
CFYT: Mmm, as above. This is my favourite HTDAAB track, so yeah, it deserves more play time.
One Step Closer: Ugh. :yawn:
OOTS: Drop, don't care for it.
Yahweh: Ew. Please no.
Fast Cars: I...don't really mind either way.

Keep COBL and eventually Love&Peace. The rest of it can go.

I loved LAPOE... and we didn't get much of Bomb at our end of the tour, so I'd love to hear some of the songs America/Europe heard, I guess. Mostly Fast Cars... also think OSC and AMAAW would be cool.
*prepares to duck dung flung by AMAAW-haters*

I loved LAPOE... and we didn't get much of Bomb at our end of the tour, so I'd love to hear some of the songs America/Europe heard, I guess. Mostly Fast Cars... also think OSC and AMAAW would be cool.
*prepares to duck dung flung by AMAAW-haters*

Some of us got an extra HTDAAB song in Brisbane (or Sydney I too). :tongue:

... shame about how it was Yahweh.

I think Vertigo will get played every night. COBL not every night ... I'm kind of hoping those are the only two that remain in the setlist on this tour.

Maybe Sometimes will make appearances; I could live with that. I think everything else was either part of a larger set (LAPOE) or not "big" enough to keep (Miracle Drug).

Keep "Vertigo" and "City" – and leave other slots for other tunes from the new album and some dust-off gems from the past, especially from the TUF album ...

Wow, some fascinating results here. After Vertigo and COBL, Crumbs - the least-played of all ten HTDAAB songs U2 have performed - presently has the strongest vote to be retained. Only two songs have a majority vote seeking their retention. And One Step Closer has one more vote than AMAAW in support of a debut.

I'm surprised how many people don't want Fast Cars to be kept.

The only song I really want to hear from this album is COBL.

I could go either way on Fast Cars and LAPOE. Everything else should be dropped and forgotten.

LAPOE was a highlight of the vertigo tour imo. I also really like Original of the Species with just Edge on piano. The rest can move over for some other tunes like In God's Country or Acrobat

Very interesting results so far. I can remember so many people wanting to hear Crumbs From Your Table last tour and now way more want it dropped than kept.

Very interesting results so far. I can remember so many people wanting to hear Crumbs From Your Table last tour and now way more want it dropped than kept.
I was desperate for the band to play crumbs on the last tour and although I love the song and consider it to be one of the best from the last album,it's obvious that they cannot do it justice live so I would imagine we wont hear it.

I say keep Vertigo/COBL for most shows, and use Yahweh and OOTS on occasion...And the songs they didn't play at all? There was a reason they didn't play them :) Talk about sleeping during a song!

DROP Yahweh
Acrobat Angel, adypole, Axver, bathiu, Big Chief, BigAl, bmadl1, Bonochick, Bonogirl777, Celebration, corianderstem, dancingcat, DaveC, djerdap, elevatedlights, Erik.Swe, Galeongirl, glamourgirl, hedge, Jdragonfly, Joey788, Layton, Lemonfix, LopsidedMan, mads, Mauwer, moaner, monsieur fly, NicolasBE, PG Canada, phillyfan26, popacrobat, redsox04, Reead, Rob33, RyanH81, Salome, Scorpionac, Screwtape2, Sicy, Slopsy, the edges plec, the tourist, U2Fan101, U2morrow, u2shamrock, Vlad n U 2, Yahweh_OMG, zoopop

FAIL

First of all, I'm keeping almost all songs, but that's because I think that songs that aren't from NLOTH should NOT be played all nights, with U2 alternating set lists. Like one night they play MD, LAPOE and OSC; on the other OOTS, Yahweh, and COBL and in another one Crumbs, Fast Cars and SYCMIOYO.
Btw, I think this should be done with almost all albums. Their shows would be even more amazing if they did that.

Vertigo:
Drop. Elevation is a billion times better and does the job better live too.
Miracle Drug: Keep. Moving and it improves a lot live.
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own: Keep. It manages to be moving live as it is on the studio version. And that's a lot.
Love and Peace or Else: Keep. Great live rocker. Wouldn't mind to see it replacing BTBS.
City of Blinding Lights: Keep. 00's Streets. And better than the original if you ask me.
All Because of You: DROP. One of the worst things U2 has ever put on record.
A Man and a Woman: Don't debut it. I can't see it working on a U2 show. Not a bad song at all though.
Crumbs from Your Table: Keep. A shame it was wasted on the last tour. This song has "stadiums" written all over it.
One Step Closer: One of the best things on this album was completely forgotten last tour. I hope they correct that. And this is the closest song to NLOTH on HTDAAB.
Original of the Species: Keep. Best song on this album.
Yahweh: Beautiful little piece live. It wouldn't take so much time and it has such a nice feeling live.
Fast Cars: Keep. Need to say why?

DROP Yahweh
Acrobat Angel, adypole, Axver, bathiu, Big Chief, BigAl, bmadl1, Bonochick, Bonogirl777, Celebration, corianderstem, dancingcat, DaveC, djerdap, elevatedlights, Erik.Swe, Galeongirl, glamourgirl, hedge, Jdragonfly, Joey788, Layton, Lemonfix, LopsidedMan, mads, Mauwer, moaner, monsieur fly, NicolasBE, PG Canada, phillyfan26, popacrobat, redsox04, Reead, Rob33, RyanH81, Salome, Scorpionac, Screwtape2, Sicy, Slopsy, the edges plec, the tourist, U2Fan101, U2morrow, u2shamrock, Vlad n U 2, Yahweh_OMG, zoopop

FAIL

I don't "FAIL" for having a different opinion.

Ah, I get what you're saying. Sorry! But...a person can like a song but still think it should be dropped. :shrug: You can only have so many songs in one night!

All I care about is COBL, unless they do a rare amazing live version of OOTS (my second-favorite Bomb song).

Unfortunately, it can pretty much be locked in that Vertigo will be played every night. Let's just hope it replaces Elevation and Elevation goes away forever.

Oh, and Crumbs is abhorrent in every way possible.

Honestly, I only care to hear Fast Cars again live (I think it fits with NLOTH also). Everything else from HTDAAB was good live, but doesn't fit much past the Vertigo Tour.

That said, I think we'll get Vertigo and maybe one other. (After the Elevation Tour, we got Elevation on the Vertigo Tour, and so it will be with Vertigo).

I don't see any "rotating" songs for such a short tour leg. They may vary the setlist for the 2 nighters, but I think what HTDAAB we hear from Barcelona will be continued through 2009.

Mark

All I care about is COBL, unless they do a rare amazing live version of OOTS (my second-favorite Bomb song).

Unfortunately, it can pretty much be locked in that Vertigo will be played every night. Let's just hope it replaces Elevation and Elevation goes away forever.

Oh, and Crumbs is abhorrent in every way possible.

YOU'RE ABHORRENT, YOU STUPID JERK WITH YOUR STUPID JERK-FACE!!!!!

:wink:

you know I love you man :hug:

Back
Top Bottom