what happened to the ROCKnROLL album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
ok the album sounds great(very JTish) but its not what bano said it would be like the mother of all rock songs and this being u2 first rock album:huh:

i think when they changed producers thats when they changed the sound of the album so me thinks the rock songs will show up on their next album ..................

ps LAPOE and ABOY rock but not enough to make it a kick arss album aka AB...

maby the cd will rock but the songs in mp3 have a very mellow feel its like u2's answer to cold play..

man i was hoping for u2 to make their first hard rock album but i gess this will do its way way better than atyclb!!!

SO U2 PUT THAT ROCK ALBUM OUT!

OH the album sounds great :drool:

but where is the rock i want my rock

bano sounds fucking great but im not impressed by edge...
MD--- is it me or does it sound like a cold play song with better vocals:huh: :huh: the guitars sound like cold play toooo.
(oh ya cold play are u2 wannabees but still)

Last edited:
What happened to the rock and roll album? U2 decided to make something better instead.

BANO

this is BANO

342364%3B523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2334%3D539%3D%3A%3B4%3DXROQDF%3E2323572399232ot1lsi

We went through this same thing back in 2000 with ATYCLB. It was supposed to be U2's "return to rock", etc, etc.

Turned out to be a bunch of Bono B.S., just like this time around. True, HTDAAB may be more rock-oriented than ATYCLB, but it's nowhere near what Bono was hyping it up to be a few months back.

It's sad, but you just can't take Bono's pre-album comments seriously...they end up being too misleading.

He'll probably say it will be their best ever, that it will burn all of their other works down, that it will be a full on rock and roll album, and even though you should already know that he is exaggerating, you will probably still hold it against him?

Okay maybe you won't. So why do you now?

I'm of the opinion after reading this thread that Shaun Vox is actually a chimp that escaped from the zoo and found a computer lab.

I will now send him an email offering him bananas if he will stop posting.

"ps LAPOE and ABOY rock but not enough to make it a kick arss album aka AB..."
do i have a diferent cd of AB???????

U2atUSC said:
I'm of the opinion after reading this thread that Shaun Vox is actually a chimp that escaped from the zoo and found a computer lab.

I will now send him an email offering him bananas if he will stop posting.

:lmao:

My verdict:
HTDAAB is a filler! Doesn't come anywhere near AB, Zooropa and Pop (and even Boy). A save and commercial sound.

Vertigo, COBL ans Love and Peace stand out. Those are real good. The rest of the album sound alot the same. Bono's voice is to dramatic in most of the songs. Like the woohoo's in OOTS.
HTDAAB is a boring album, from what i heard so far. And that's not just becaus it's mp3.

HTDAAB is not the cd i'll play regular. It's very JT, wich also sound very much ofthe the same u2. U2 is back where they left (they never catched the flight out of Charles de Gaule...)
:huh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom