What do you think of recent U2 music videos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2's videos have always been pretty hit and miss, I think that Zooropa was the only album whose singles ALL had great videos.
As for the 00's the only videos that are any good in my opinion are Beautiful Day, Electrical Storm and possibly Stuck in a moment(the version with the van), the US version is(in Comic Boy from the Simpsons Voice)"the worst U2 video ever!"

U2 had some good ones -

1. if god would send his angels (Joneau) - that was pretty cool.
2. the unforgettable fire - old, but pretty cool for this time - I can't understand that this has not made it on the U2 18 Videos
3. Desire
4. Hold me thrill me kiss me ...
5. All I want is you (pretty cool)
6. Angel of Harlem -
7. Stay

- but then? most are average...

the video I would like to see most:
Red Hill Mining Town - It's my favourite song and they did a Video but it had never been shown - I think the director was Neil Jordan (or another famous Irish director - I can't remember for sure)
. :drool:

I guess the one for Ground Beneath her feet wasnt too bad either.
My faves of all time though are Stay and Night and Day.

Best U2 video's were made for their POP single's.

All high quality, you can just see they spend some time on it and worked it out.

The only single video that i feel they did do a lot of work for is Vertigo the main single.

as you know i don't like U2000 at all. same with their videos of the last 6 years...boring stuff :down: they became lame ducks...rubberducks :wink:
imo their last decent video was BEAUTIFUL DAY i just like the aircrafts starting over them that was powerful!

Recently caught the London version of video for "Walk On" on U2-18 DVD. It's really bad. The sad thing is that I'm sure 9 out of 10 cutting edge directors would do self harm to work with U2. We live in a shallow age and the music video is as important as the track it represents. U2 need to be a little more discerning in choice of video director.

I am bored by performance-based videos. If I want to see them perform, I'll watch a live DVD. But I love the so-called "cheesy" videos. They're funny! The ATYCLB videos are some of the first ones of theirs I ever saw. Edge is just adorable in "Elevation" and that video still cracks me up. Our SIAM version will always have a special place in my heart. (The rest-of-the-worlders just don't appreciate the references; that's why you have your own version.) U2 do have a sense of humor but they seem to get criticized if they show it (at least around here).

The Bomb videos have been a disappointment. "Vertigo" and OOTS are pretty good, but it is mostly their special effects that make them good. I think COBL's video could have been much more creative than it is. ABOY is average but has a creative idea behind it, anyway.

All-in-all, I'd say that the 90s had the best U2 videos. "Numb" is just great (more Edge; notice a theme? ;) ). The videos from Pop are good all around, in my opinion. I seem to watch Pop videos more than any others on my Best Of 1990-2000 DVD.

jinn77 said:
Recently caught the London version of video for "Walk On" on U2-18 DVD. It's really bad.
I love that video! Am I alone here? :reject: I just think it's brilliant the way everyone keeps turning into eachother sort of to show nobody is without problems, but we all walk on. And the shirt ripping, is a traditional Judaic sign of mourning (keriah) :nerd:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I love that video! Am I alone here? :reject: I just think it's brilliant the way everyone keeps turning into eachother sort of to show nobody is without problems, but we all walk on. And the shirt ripping, is a traditional Judaic sign of mourning (keriah) :nerd:

You are not alone:wink:

Then again I love Walk On and SIAM (US version) and ABOY. ES does it for me as well as Elevation. Vertigo and OOTS are the bomb and Saints rocks my world. So kill me.. :evil:
I love U2 and have stayed up many a early morning waiting to see how often it's being shown. While I suffered or slept through some really dreadful videos on VH1. I can't suffer through MTV. That's just asking too much. :madspit:
But that's just me..:wink:

Back
Top Bottom