What do you get a U2 fan for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if the sky's the limit, then tickets and a trip to see them in S. America or Australia, for sure!

Is this a fantasy question, or a more real-world one?!

If it's real-world then maybe that pricey Anton Corbijn book--I'd be thrilled to see that under my tree.
cheers!

actually, if you live close to a Borders bookstore, right now, if youbuy anything, they'll give you 20% off coupon attached to your receipt for your next purchase. 20% off of the $120 anton corbijn book is quite a lot of money saved, if you're willing to spend that much..

does your friend have EVERY U2 cd or dvd possible? you might want to find out what she does't have yet. if she does have them, U2 tribute cds are pretty good too. there are quite a few out there. oo, and they have LOTS of books on U2. Bill Flangans's "U2 at the end of the world", Alan Carters' "Outside is America: U2 in the U2" and U2 show, U2 live, U2: into the heart, U2 songbooks, in conversation with Bono, and they have books that list alllll of U2's tour dates in timeline fashion with a synopsis of each show

WHY THE FUCK IS THAT BOOK $120?

I need to know. Yes, it looks fantastic. But $120 is way too fucking much for any book. I would have expected it to be like $50.

I'm still going to ask someone to buy it for me :wink:

How about getting them the MFSL versions of War, Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree ?? You can pick them up on ebay and they sound so much better than the basic CD's ?

AtomicBono said:

I need to know. Yes, it looks fantastic. But $120 is way too fucking much for any book. I would have expected it to be like $50.

i think it has to do with the way it was printed and the quality it was printed. i saw it at a bookstore, it really is great. you can feel the layers of ink, it's real glossy and nice, and the paper's real thick.

yeah i want it too..
ps- on amazon.com, it's only 75 bucks

Just give the person a ton of money, because being a U2 fan will bleed you dry no matter how you cut it. It's very expensive to stay devoted to this machine. I mean, "band."

adriansr_martin said:
OK so you have 3 weeks to get a U2 fan the ultimate U2 christmas pressie.....so what do you get em?

Shanzuguitars.com Guitar news and resources

eBay has TONS of U2 stuff.....it would depend on the person if they are a collector or not....are they into the music, dvds, books....clothing...a subscription to U2.com maybe? And I always shop around. For instance that Corbin book with the $120 price tag is a bit much but as Tuwie mentioned, there are cheaper prices at Amazon and sometimes Overstock.com, or coupons for additional percentage savings. Once you decide what you want to spend and what you'd like to get this person based on what they would most appreciate and enjoy......shop around. U2 fans rule! :wink:

I asked for The Best of 1990-2000 DVD :reject:, Rattle and Hum DVD :reject: , and this really sweet authentic War flag from eBay.

AtomicBono said:

you people pay $120 for BOOKS?!

typhoon said:
You are soooooo not a college student.
LOLLLl sooooo true =)

heyyy you could get the U2 stickers for their car! bet tehy dont have that yet.
or you could get the thingy that goes outside their liscence plate, if you know what i mean, not the actual plate itself, it kinda serves like a border. and you could engrave something they'd like on it. be clever ;]

typhoon said:

Tell me about, $120 for a book, then when you try to sell it back to the college bookstore, oops they changed the book/edition, that one won't be needed...ever.

Or you get like $20 bucks or something.

Ripoff

/rant.

Buy them an Itunes card?

I'm giving this girl I really like (who is a big U2 fan) a framed version of a photo I took from GA right in front of the ellipse in Pittsburgh. She was also in attendance that night so it will (hopefully) hold some sentimental value.

She's an art nut, too, so I figured giving her a photo to hang on her wall would be a thrill for her.

Here's to hoping she likes it!

^ that's real cute
was she there with you? ;]

ooooo i just thought of something else! you could get her premium membership to interference.com! =) hahhah that is, if she doesn't already have one

Last edited:
tuwie said:
^ that's real cute
was she there with you? ;]

ooooo i just thought of something else! you could get her premium membership to interference.com! =) hahhah that is, if she doesn't already have one

I did offer her a chance to go with me and have GA tix, but she was already going with her dad (who turned her onto U2 in the first place).

I'd love to get the new In Conversation with Bono interview book by Michka Assayas - think it's about $25 (hardback) and/or
the January issue of the Q magazine with Bono as the person of the year interview - should be in bookstores in a few days.

Y2K said:
I'm giving this girl I really like (who is a big U2 fan) a framed version of a photo I took from GA right in front of the ellipse in Pittsburgh. She was also in attendance that night so it will (hopefully) hold some sentimental value.

She's an art nut, too, so I figured giving her a photo to hang on her wall would be a thrill for her.

Here's to hoping she likes it!

That's very sweet! I am sure she will love the gift. I need to go thru my Vegas GA pics and print some really good ones, we got some GREAT shots from front center. I am soooo glad I got my new digital camera before that show.

typhoon said:

:lol:
you always say the funniest things typhoon! :)

you can buy her the itunes box-set thingie if that's her sorta thing...that would be pretty thrilling, and isn't it supposed to only be like 149 bucks?
I can't get itunes to load onto my deadly slow computer yet and so can't even check it out.
cheers!

Some people have suggested a U2 tribute cd, but I would steer clear of those.

I'm getting U2: At the End of the World :love:

I can't think of any other suggestions that aren't already up there... If you can, I'd get your friend something really special, that's not readily available, that they'll be able to treasure.
Super-awkward key chains are great. :drool: :wink:

Talking about books... did U2 finally release "U2 by U2"??? :scratch:

No. That got delayed in some way, and is due for release some time next year. September rings a bell, but I can't be sure.

yeah, it was weird...I just checked on amazon for u2 books and sure 'nuf they have the Corbijn book for a mere 75 bucks (really tempting to me! I might need to actually put that on a wish list to avoid the wrath of savings-oriented spouse...)
and
u2 by u2 is listed as due for release in *september 2006*!

I thought that was odd to have it posted for almost a year away, but I guess a delay would explain that!

Amazon had "U2 show" for really cheap there some time ago; don't know if they still do. I still haven't read thru much of that, but at the price it was (14 or so bucks maybe? I forget) it would make an impressive coffee-table type book gift for cheapo. It has a lovely heft to it, and details from many on shows, but it might seem a little impersonal as a present... maybe shouldn't stand alone if this is a close friend.

They also have the Conversations with Bono book for something like 16 bucks; another bargain.

There are also the lithographs sold on the U2.com site, for someone who has everything else I suppose.

cheers!

An Edge hat. :yes:

You might not think so, but it's actually hard to find a really good one----you've got to get it so that it just covers the top part of the ears; so that there's no fold-up from the bottom; and so that it doesn't form boxy horns on the top of your head.

I actually found one------Eddie Bauer. $20. PERFECT Edge hat! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom