What are you WEARING part 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3/4 jeans, turquoise fat person tee that i just had to hand sew alterations to so it actually fits without looking like some hideous mumu. i'm resisting digging out the maternity clothes. :grumpy: and damnit, i wish my sewing machine hadn't died when we moved into this house!

What kind

3/4 jeans, turquoise fat person tee that i just had to hand sew alterations to so it actually fits without looking like some hideous mumu. i'm resisting digging out the maternity clothes. :grumpy: and damnit, i wish my sewing machine hadn't died when we moved into this house!

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

it's a brother. it's only about 10 years old, so i'm kinda annoyed. it was a simple model, but still! janome are doing a trade-in thing at the moment where you take in any old broken machine and you get a $200 rebate on a new one. i'm a hobby sewer, or i sew for necessity only, so i don't know if this will be a good deal as a $200 rebate means inflated prices to accommodate.
:hmm:

do you sew, emiline? what type of machine do you have, if so?
:)

Before I started working with the Red Cross, I used to sew a lot. Now I don't have time!

Anyway, all my machines are antiques. I have a Singer 301a, an Kenmore 1300, that I used to use on a regular basis but the pride of my collection doesn't even function. It's an original Singer industrial that was salvaged from the Triangle Shirtwaist fire.

I have several others that I inherited from my grandmother and other relatives, but they aren't currently functioning and I'm in the process of rebuilding them.

I'd suggest that you go ahead and check out the trade in and see if you can talk them down on the price of the new one in addition to the trade in. Even if you don't use it much, a good machine will save you a lot of headaches and will be something that you can pass on later.

My nan had one of the really old Singers, but I'm not sure what happened to it. I used to love looking at it when I was young.

I do think I will have a look at these Janomes. I'd love an overlocker as well, so I can actually get into sewing. Maybe I'd be better off investing in a reasonably decent one instead of a basic model.

Your collection must be amazing. I love old things!

Back
Top Bottom