What album did you just listen to from start to finish - the sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All first listens:

The%2BKillers%2B-%2BDay%2B%26%2BAge%2B(2008).jpg

mystics.jpg

electric%2Barguments.jpg

tourist: :up: For listening to a Flaming Lips album.

I liked it. Nothing stood out as much as Do You Realize? for me (I have Yoshimi and the Batman Forever Sdtk so that's all I knew of the Flaming Lips), but it was a really good album. The Soft Bulletin is next on my list but the version I got says 3 of the songs are remixed or something. Race For The Prize, Buggin, and Waiting For A Superman. Is that how it is supposed to be?

I liked it. Nothing stood out as much as Do You Realize? for me (I have Yoshimi and the Batman Forever Sdtk so that's all I knew of the Flaming Lips), but it was a really good album. The Soft Bulletin is next on my list but the version I got says 3 of the songs are remixed or something. Race For The Prize, Buggin, and Waiting For A Superman. Is that how it is supposed to be?

In the U.S., yeah. Sort of anyway. To appease Warner Bros. when the album first came out, they put those remixes on the release, even though they liked the original mixes better. The U.K. version doesn't have some of those remixes and has a different song, "Slow Motion" in place of "The Spiderbite Song." The tracklisting on the U.K. version is also quite a bit different than the U.S. version.

When they re-released the album in 5.1 sound, they removed the remixes, added "Slow Motion," and put the tracklisting as they originally wanted.

Pretty good, but I have higher hopes for some of the later albums.

That's my first Flaming Lips album listen.

Pretty good, but I have higher hopes for some of the later albums.

That's my first Flaming Lips album listen.

Oh man, really? :hmm: I would have said Soft Bulletin for a first Flaming Lips listen, but Transmissions is a decent album too. Actually, the more time I've spent with it, the more I'm appreciating it. It's a grower.

A couple of days back:

pink-floyd-animals-cover-art.jpg

Yesterday:

1993%20-%20in%20Utero.jpg

Later in the evening:

madonna_candy.jpg

Hard Candy is not that bad an album actually, despite the awful cover.

Today:

the_colour_and_the_shape_b0000caxic.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

FlamingLipsCloudsTasteMetallic.jpg

Wow, I liked this one so much more now than when I first tried to get into it a few years ago and it just did nothing for me, :up: Still not as much as Yoshimi or Soft Bulletin, but probably up there with Transmissions.

The-Essential-Dolly-Parton.jpg

TheSleepyJackson_Personality.jpg

Silverchair- Diorama (The perfect album)

and

Rustic Overtones- Light at The End (The easiest album to listen to all the way through ever)

Two of my favorites and two of the best albums ever record IMO

Some music while doing some work on a Sunday afternoon. :grumpy:

Stan Getz - Quartets
41YUHLlLVtL._SS500_.jpg

Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll
51fiV%2BQJFpL._SS500_.jpg

Joe Cocker - The Best Of...
8d06225b9da0b4f61368d010.L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom