What album did you just listen to from start to finish - the sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
200px-Thesoulcages.jpg

61%2B6Bg7ztPL._SS500_.jpg

60619837.jpg

fleet_foxes-fleet_foxes-cover.jpg

And just out Tuesday (and just arrived in the mail today), the NEW ALBUM BY MY FAVOURITE BAND:

2744862531_b1f548393a.jpg

So fucking aces! :hyper:

B0000089WH.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1120604407_.jpg

(at first I wrote kitchens of disctiotion strange free world, which gave no results)

Have honestly been searching for this album for two or three years. Maybe slightly longer. Ordered it from Amazon once, but they had no copies. Considered getting it from iTunes a few times, but didn't due to materialism. Now finally, I've heard it. I've always loved Drive That Fast and Under the Sky, Inside The Sea, but I wasn't so familiar with the rest of the songs in between those two. I have to say that other than the aforementioned, none of the tracks really hit the dizzy heights seen on The Death of Cool. It's decent, just unfortunately not quite as good as I'd always hoped it was.

I will give it something, though - this is yet another shoegaze album that sounds like the cover looks.

It's telling that Fleet Foxes used a somewhat less well known Dutch post-renaissance painting for the cover of their album while Coldplay used what is arguably the most popular Romantic period painting of the 19th century on theirs.

Telling as in that the members of the Fleet Foxes must have studied art for more than a week.

It's telling that Fleet Foxes used a somewhat less well known Dutch post-renaissance painting for the cover of their album while Coldplay used what is arguably the most popular Romantic period painting of the 19th century on theirs.

Telling as in that the members of the Fleet Foxes must have studied art for more than a week.

So what? In the end it's the music that matters.

lol. When Chris Martin dances attempts to dance does his little shaky fit on stage, that's when I make the most fun of them!

okkervil-river-stage-names.jpg

Listening to John Allyn Smith Sails while looking at the actual Washington Bridge mentioned in the song is chilling.

al1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom