We're off to Dooblin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Dont' buy the soup from the shack in the middle of Glendalough

flaming june said:

I think the veggie soup from that place in the Aran island was especially good... what was the name of that restaurant? The Fishermen's something???

I think it was the Aran Fisherman, or something like that... I have the brochure somewhere... yes, it was very good there too... but I thought there was another place in Dublin where it was really good

:scratch:

Re: Re: Re: Dont' buy the soup from the shack in the middle of Glendalough

erised said:

I think it was the Aran Fisherman, or something like that... I have the brochure somewhere... yes, it was very good there too... but I thought there was another place in Dublin where it was really good

:scratch:

The Clarence?

I really liked the minestrone soup from that deli in Dalkey! :drool:

Re: Re: Yeah, I know you told me so!

erised said:

I'm getting you those little mitten clips for your birthday! :lol:

Guy at net cafe = :no:

:lmao: Sorry guys, it's a long, but very silly story...

That was the most expensive soup I've ever eaten

flaming june said:

The Clarence?

I really liked the minestrone soup from that deli in Dalkey! :drool:

The Clarence had that butternut squash soup...it was a little different than the other vegetable soups.

We sooooo should have journaled cuz we're gonna forget all this stuff!

flaming june said:

Guy at net cafe = :no:

:lmao:

It's not your fault really.... you're not used to wearing gloves. Me, being the Michigan woman that I am, I constantly put them on and take them off, so I have a routine down. :lol:

Re: That was the most expensive soup I've ever eaten

erised said:

The Clarence had that butternut squash soup...it was a little different than the other vegetable soups.

Well, the Clarence was, hands down, the most expensive meal I've ever eaten... but it was good! Mmm, that dessert!

I just noticed your new location fj!

flaming june said:

Well, the Clarence was, hands down, the most expensive meal I've ever eaten... but it was good! Mmm, that dessert!

Yes, expensive but very good...

hey, I have that pic of us in you-know-where in the Clarence... if both you and Dsmith want, I can post it... you guys just let me know... I don't mind cuz the flash is right over my face :wink:

I'm crazy, I know...

erised said:

Yes, expensive but very good...

hey, I have that pic of us in you-know-where in the Clarence... if both you and Dsmith want, I can post it... you guys just let me know... I don't mind cuz the flash is right over my face :wink:

If Dev says it's OK, please post it! We're such dorks! :lol:

You can post the pic of us at the Clarence. The one I took came out a little fuzzy but I made you both copies anyway.

Yeah, I mentioned the way hot tour guide in Dalkey. I didn't mind his long fingernails, either, not one bit. Oh, I watched the making of JT video and Edge has long fingernails so it is a guitarplayer thing. (And right now random PLEBAns are looking at this wondering why the hell we're talking about long fingernails!)

You girls missed the greatest of all possible views from our room at the Aston, a guy fully taking a leak in the alley! Man, I was glad I got to see that, made the whole trip for me! :lmao:

Here is a pic of the three of us in the bathroom of the Clarence :shifty:
clarencebath.jpg

erised said:
clarencebath.jpg

:lmao:

I was so worried some posh lady was going to walk in on us when we were taking this pic... Wasn't that the best smelling public bathroom ever???

erised said:
clarencebath.jpg

I think because I snapped the pic I took so fast it ended up kind of wavy and distorted, but I'll try and play it off as some big artistic statement or whatever. We were trying to be so stealth and cool in there, definitely not wanting to be caught out as dorky tourists.
That was without a doubt the nicest bathroom I have ever been in and it did smell so good, sort of like baby powder. So Bono, Edge, good job on the bathroom!!! :lmao:
I wonder what the guys' restroom is like? I totally should have stuck my head in there, maybe made up some lame excuse about the ladies' room being out of paper towels or something. Maybe next time (THAT would so be the place to meet my elusive guitarist :shifty: ).

:wave: Hey Flaming June, sorry I never saw this and didn't know until I read your 'scanning' thread! This is so awesome and unreal, I know how happy you must be. Good for you, I know it must be a big moment in your life. I know it would be for me, I'd die if that happened to me. But it never will, and other people's stories do make me burned and bummed and jealous:grumpy:. Like teehee said, seems like everyone has met them but me. Anyway you're a nice person and I'm glad you had your moment:) NICE pic! :drool:

U2Kitten said:
:wave: Hey Flaming June, sorry I never saw this and didn't know until I read your 'scanning' thread! This is so awesome and unreal, I know how happy you must be. Good for you, I know it must be a big moment in your life. I know it would be for me, I'd die if that happened to me. But it never will, and other people's stories do make me burned and bummed and jealous:grumpy:. Like teehee said, seems like everyone has met them but me. Anyway you're a nice person and I'm glad you had your moment:) NICE pic! :drool:

Thanks U2Kitten! But what you say makes me sad. Hey, never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever meet Bono, and yet, it happened! Dream out loud! :hug: I still have not given up on meeting Mr. Snarly... just wait and see! :sexywink:

:yes: I always say that if you think you can do something, you're usually right...:scratch: Unless, of course, you think you can fly off a cliff by flapping your bare arms! :lol:

wertsie said:
:yes: I always say that if you think you can do something, you're usually right...:scratch: Unless, of course, you think you can fly off a cliff by flapping your bare arms! :lol:

:lmao: You're right.

wertsie said:

:laugh:

Btw, I love your sig pic... was that taken on your vacation?

*jumps in to dublin conversation*

I had the best fish and chips EVER last September in Dalkey- on the main drag there. ( take out place - can't think of the name.).
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

erised said:

:laugh:

Btw, I love your sig pic... was that taken on your vacation?

Nope. We haven't gotten the film for that developed yet. I found it on the net. It's a picture from Stump Pass State Park by Englewood, a place we visit every time we go to Florida.

oktobergirl said:
*jumps in to dublin conversation*

I had the best fish and chips EVER last September in Dalkey- on the main drag there. ( take out place - can't think of the name.).
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh Dalkey! Someday, I'm going to live there. :yes:

U2Kitten said:

I haven't met them either U2Kitten. :sad: but i'm determined i will meet them next tour. keep the faith and next time they are on tour if we are lucky we will both get to meet the guys.

and when the time comes when i'm face to face with bono et al. i just hope i don't :combust: and/or :faint:

i just discovered the :faint: smilie and i love it. it's about time PLEBA had one of those. :lmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom