Wembley Nights Zoo TV (pro shot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visiongfx

Acrobat
Alright, sorry for the anticipation that you were gonna get some pro shot footage, but i just saw a youtube video of a wembley night here
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osGM4rG01iY) and at the beginning and throughout the song you see a cam hanging around filming which means they've got to have this film somewhere. Also proving that they probably shot almost all their shows (good thing for collectors if they release it later on).

So sorry if its old news but i'm happy now :) knowing that they do have that footage somewhere (really wanting to see zooropa and babyface)!!

Trust me, they have HOURS and HOURS of properly shot footage.

tho it will probably never be released, which is a shame,

Saying that, the zoo tour had a lot of cameras hanging around, it was part of the set, which doesnt necessarily mean it was all kept.

but we can only hope..

:(

I have a feeling we won't see any real footage or something until like years and years and years to come... maybe a concert for the remaster but nothing more probably until U2 is like in their 70's and irrelavent.. then they will release some rare stuff for fun... but idk... its a shame they don't do this more often. Once a year is a long time, plus being crap we already own is even worse (hopefully they'll get all the soundtracks to the vids we have done first, then get to the actual unreleased shows)... but yes i hope.

Or, the camera could have been for the giant screens showing the band playing the song ...

Agh maybe....

Why can't U2 just like release all the shows they have on audio atleast for us... i can't stand these bootleg qualities... :(

In time you will see more "pro-shot" footage released , but you have to remember especially during ZOOTV and POPMart that many of the cameras were used for screen shots , it was live feed , used for effect.

U2 probably has at least 7 - 10 cameras every show. :wave:

can anyone tell me what the best wembley night was from all of the shows in the zoo tv tour????

i really want to download one and bono said he thought one of those concerts was their best ever

can anyone tell me?

I don't personally rate the 12th August one - Bono sounds a bit knackered.

Can't understand why U2 doesn't release more live material, given Paul McGuinne$$ is so eager to have all the albums remastered.

If, as he said, Pop really came to life when it was performed live, why bother re-recording/re-mastering it and release great shows like Leeds Popmart for us all to enjoy!

Bits and pieces of these London nights were used back then officially, if I remember it correctly.
For example, the part when the satellite link was connecting us with the cruel drama in Sarajewo, an obviously shocked audience saw Bono nearly moved to tears – and "Bad" was coming in.
I think, that these seconds are also to be found on one of the official DVDs – "Road To Sarajewo" or something like that ... – so there was filmed a lot, to be shown only for seconds. The footage of these brilliant concerts of course exists; whether we will see more of it, we'll have to wait and see ...

ultraviolet92 said:
can anyone tell me what the best wembley night was from all of the shows in the zoo tv tour????

i really want to download one and bono said he thought one of those concerts was their best ever

can anyone tell me?

The first Zoo Tv Wembley show was the best. 11th August 1993.

They were on fire that night and this is the concert Bono said was their best ever. Brilliant set list aswell.

It was filmed and should definitley be released on DVD with the Achtung Baby or Zooropa re-issue.

Ellay said:
Trust me, they have HOURS and HOURS of properly shot footage.

tho it will probably never be released, which is a shame,

hey... you know we have to pay for Bono's and Edge's nursing homes somehow, right? :wink:

PS: best Wembley night?... August 11th... I mean... Zooropa and Babyface, the same day, same setlist?... :drool:

theres two nights zooropa and baby faced both were played.

And i'd love edge to package like Washington DC live for the Achtung Baby remaster and Wembley Nights for the Zooropa Remaster (seems fitting).

Visiongfx said:
theres two nights zooropa and baby faced both were played.

And i'd love edge to package like Washington DC live for the Achtung Baby remaster and Wembley Nights for the Zooropa Remaster (seems fitting).

Why want the washington show that we already have in awsome quality?

id rather something else, perhaps a first leg show?

StoneRoses said:

The first Zoo Tv Wembley show was the best. 11th August 1993.

They were on fire that night and this is the concert Bono said was their best ever. Brilliant set list aswell.

It was filmed and should definitley be released on DVD with the Achtung Baby or Zooropa re-issue.

Nope, but taste differs. The 2nd night was at least en par with the first night. Then, the tension to play the new tracks was gone, the tunes fit better in the set. Plus: A rare outing for "She's A Mystery To Me" snippeted beautifully after "One".
The B-stage set was far better, with an additional 'I Will Follow' rocking the house, when Bono jumped on the monitors.
And we got one of the most outstanding renditions of "Bad" with Mr. Shankar's violin shouting out the pain of the besieged city of Sarajewo, while Bono gave it all ...

Back
Top Bottom