Week 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: wow, the tour hasnt even hit these parts yet, another top 10 when the tour arrives?

i am not getting excited just yet though, we still have another 5 days of sales (including today), so it could still see another rise or hold around its current position.

:ohmy: wow, the tour hasnt even hit these parts yet, another top 10 when the tour arrives?

i am not getting excited just yet though, we still have another 5 days of sales (including today), so it could still see another rise or hold around its current position.

The question is what´s the main factor for this rise, the tour or the increased promotion (Blackberry add, Crazy video/airplay, etc.)?
If the former proves true then we will definitely see NLOTH back in the Top 10in mid-late August.

I really dont know what is cause is for the rise, i mean i havent really seen the blackberry ad all that much on TV, and i am not sure if crazy has even been released to radio yet?

its fantastic anyway whatever it is :up:

Ive seen the ad quite a few times now.
I dont think the album will re-enter top 10 though

What even when the tour starts?, its gotten back in the top 40 through 1 TV ad, they will be playing to close to 80,000 people at each concert (apart from sheffield), i doubt everyone of those 80.000 has the album.

That is good news. I hope the USA will follow. I think every type of being in the news helps album sales, just look at what happened to Amy W. last year. Some newspapers have been reporting about U2 lately, finally with some positive reporting. That might help as well.

What even when the tour starts?, its gotten back in the top 40 through 1 TV ad, they will be playing to close to 80,000 people at each concert (apart from sheffield), i doubt everyone of those 80.000 has the album.

KUEFC09U2-If U2 sold out both Wembley shows, I believe that would be 114k each show...not 80k. It holds 90k + people on the field.

If its in the mid 30's without CT taking off fully yet and 360 not being in the UK, its possible it could rise a lot higher, fingers crossed.

Willie Williams wrote that Stade the France would be U2's biggest stadium this year, with a capacity of 95.000.

Has NLOTH sold five million copies worldwide. Various websites have different sales numbers, and I want to know the exact amount.

Most probably 5 M is the shipment figure. When it comes to consumer sales the current number is somewhere between 3.2-3.5 M.

I still don't believe that figure, that'd hint at upwards of 2 million copies remaining unsold in stores. I mean digital sales must make up a large enough chunk of that 3.2-3.5 and seeing as the original shipment was 3 million, I can't see why they'd ship so many extra

The two shows in Ny will have an impact on sales. Giants stadium holds 80,000 plus so I am sure the end of September will be a good week.

Hmmm, is Wembley bigger than Nou Camp? I don´t think so.
They sold "only" some 90,000 tickets for each concert in Barcelona.

Wembley is actually a BIGGER stadium than the Nou Camp but has slightly less seats only because Wembley has the biggest corprote boxes/areas in the world . If Wembley was just solely normal seats and a normal corprote area then Wembley would have more seats easily.

I think its common knowledge that the new Wembley is the best stadium on planet earth.

Cheers Andy :up: shame to see its dropped a little, but good to see it still in the top 100.

Also crazy tonight off the top 100 on itunes for now,

i was expecting it to be on the radio 1 playlist this wednesday, wonder if they are waiting for the UK shows to start?

MusiCharts World Top 50 Albums

This week - Position TW - This year - Total sales - Artist - Album

116500 - 5 - 3885500 - 3950800 - Lady Gaga - The Fame
89300 - 10 - 2840700 - 5090100 - Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night
50600 - 19 - 3551800 - 3551800 - U2 - No Line on the Horizon
49500 - 21 - 2609200 - 2609200 - Eminem - Relapse

Totals are manually done by me, typo's possible.

World Top 50 Albums

Sorry I mixed up Totals and This year, this is the correct version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom