Week 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So far for todays midweeks in the UK

NLOTH: OUT of the top 40 at #51 (although this happened a couple of weeks back and it made it back in the top 40 so we shall have to wait and see, although a drop from 29 to 51 would be quite bad)

U2 18: #62

With or without you: make it to #61 on the UK top 75 (due to someone on britains got talent)

Magnificent: #140

the good news is that the album officially reached platnum last week with sales at around 301k, and imo will see another increase once touring starts and the massive stage is seen in pictues etc.

Looks like the mini-rebound effect from Magnificent is over, will be interesting to see if the album is in Top 40 next week. From here I can see it slipping a few places each week until the tour arrives, then it will re-chart again, most likely in top 20.

Also it's #50 this week in Australia, down from #43. Now, NLOTH has done reasonably well in a lot of countries but Australia has really been bad for this album. Still, that's what zero promotion and airplay gets you!

will with or without make the top 40 this week? its been inbetween 30-35 on Itunes all week here in UK

the good news is that the album officially reached platnum last week with sales at around 301k, and imo will see another increase once touring starts and the massive stage is seen in pictues etc.

How does this compare with HTDAAB? Did it go platinum before the tour?

Any idea how many more albums were sold during the tour?

Well the Bomb sold at least 1.2m in the UK, so its about 1/4 of those sales, 900K in the US is probably close to 1/4 of Bomb's US sales as well. I know record sales are off, and taste is at an all time low, but that's not good. :(

If With or Without You hits the top 40 now when Magnificent didn't, that just shows that Britain no longer wants to hear any new U2 music, sad

If With or Without You hits the top 40 now when Magnificent didn't, that just shows that Britain no longer wants to hear any new U2 music, sad

Wrong!

Just shows what an influence major TV shows have on the charts these days

Wrong!

Very very true, if magnificent was sung on britains got talent you can rest assured it would have seen a spike in sales.

Well the Bomb sold at least 1.2m in the UK, so its about 1/4 of those sales, 900K in the US is probably close to 1/4 of Bomb's US sales as well. I know record sales are off, and taste is at an all time low, but that's not good. :(

You need to look at the bigger picture rather than just say "its not good", sales for NLOTH have been good, i mean look at eminem he is supposed to be very hip with the younger crowd, but yet he didnt sell that much more than U2 did in his first week, infact did he outsell them worldwide?

this has been discussed to death lately anyway.

Todays update for UK midweeks

NLOTH #42 so still with a good chance of being top 40 again come sunday
U218 #56

singles:

With or without you # 41, wow just wow
Magnificent #163

Poland:

Week 13

NLOTH:
1-1-1-1-2-3-3-5-5-6-8-10 - 16

...and just to compare...
HTDAAB:
1-1-3-5-6-4-8-11-8-12-18-15-16-12-15-18-17-21-23-23-30-42-22-//-...(out of top50 for 9 weeks)

after VertigoTour'05 Chorzow Show:

HTDAAB: 32-17-21-31-25-41-//...out of top50
JoshuaT: 46-24-30-32-32-35-//...out of top50
Achtung: //-30-//...out of top50
BO80-90: //-44-//...out of top50
BO90-00: //-27-//...out of top50

You need to look at the bigger picture rather than just say "its not good", sales for NLOTH have been good, i mean look at eminem he is supposed to be very hip with the younger crowd, but yet he didnt sell that much more than U2 did in his first week, infact did he outsell them worldwide?

this has been discussed to death lately anyway.

No, he didn´t. U2 sold nearly 200,000 more copies than Eminem worldwide. Eminem outsold U2 by 125,000 copies in the US though.

Wrong!

One single tv performance, that's all the song had. Seriously if a song charts higher on one tv performance than a brand new song can from being in the top 10 on radio that's just not saying good things about the new material

Anyway in Ireland, Magnificent 30 (19), NLOTH 18 (15)

No, he didn´t. U2 sold nearly 200,000 more copies than Eminem worldwide. Eminem outsold U2 by 125,000 copies in the US though.

And I think this says a lot. Eminem did have the hot singles. He's still hip - or at least "supposed to be" - with kids. He had the big anticipated album. And his sales were only 125K more than U2's. I was predicting closer to 1M, with the lowest of 750K. He didn't get that.

This speaks volumes about the sales overall. Eminem may still have the #1 album for the year, but really, these numbers are lower than expected.

And I think this says a lot. Eminem did have the hot singles. He's still hip - or at least "supposed to be" - with kids. He had the big anticipated album. And his sales were only 125K more than U2's. I was predicting closer to 1M, with the lowest of 750K. He didn't get that.

This speaks volumes about the sales overall. Eminem may still have the #1 album for the year, but really, these numbers are lower than expected.

In fact I was wrong. Worldwide, the difference between U2 and Eminem is closer to 300,000.

Hits now updating with nearly 70% in. Unfortunately no sign of U2 in the top 50 as of yet.

Eminem has 133,058 units sold with nearly 70% in, and stays at number 1. Green Day fall to number 4 with 36,255 units sold.

This says a lot,

but it also says something about the difference between the US and the "rest of the world" where U2 is (still) much more popular than eminem.

HITS is fully updated now. Unfortunately No Line On The Horizon did not make it on. The #50 seller was Lionel Richie "Just Go" with 9,413 copies sold.

In his second week on chart, Eminem's Relapse takes a 65% plunge to sales of 207,964. Very similar to the second week drop that No Line On The Horizon had.

In its third week, Green Day is down 56% to 71,466 copies sold for 21st century breakdown.

at least its not just U2 to have a big 2nd week drop. those eminem & greenday sales are poor, eminem particularly considering what i was expecting from him.

sad that NLOTH not even selling a megre 10,000 a week :down:

HITS is fully updated now. Unfortunately No Line On The Horizon did not make it on. The #50 seller was Lionel Richie "Just Go" with 9,413 copies sold.

In his second week on chart, Eminem's Relapse takes a 65% plunge to sales of 207,964. Very similar to the second week drop that No Line On The Horizon had.

In its third week, Green Day is down 56% to 71,466 copies sold for 21st century breakdown.

Any comments GibsonExplorer? :lol:

Looks like Eminem will need 4 instead of 3 weeks to surpass sales of U2 in the US.

Looks like Eminem will need 4 instead of 3 weeks to surpass sales of U2 in the US.

Also, after three weeks on chart, Green Day's 21st century Breakdown is now at 452,000 in sales in the USA. That is still less than U2's first week total of 484,000!

I would expect Eminem to outsell u2. he is one of the top artists this decade . I have asked people for years, who defines this decade? whos the big artists? he;s one of them. like how nevermind defined the 90's, i was trying to fiqure what it was for this decade . considering it was getting a bit late.

Back
Top Bottom